• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reposting since this is 2 pages back, and theres Americans waking up

tumblr_mvnjkoznQV1r8erlno1_500.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -- MB-839B39D2FA2EBA25

t1388865266z1.png

Raiden2.gif

edit: there we go

Turfster

Thanks Kiru for Shank 2!

Unfortunately when I go to redeem the key on humble bundle, it's for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare which I already own.

Is there a way to re-gift a Humble Bundle key so I can give this back to Modbot?
That's... different.
Did you link it to an email addy that has a humble account?
Edit: Altho, don't all gifts become a single, separate url?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Reposting since this is 2 pages back, and theres Americans waking up

ops that didnt work, wtf?

The quote function ignores quote tags. You have to go back to your post, hit "Edit" and copy/paste the ModBot quote into your post here.

Edit: Way too slow.

JaseC

It's okay, same happened with The Walking Dead series, that "hold" as more of a mental note for myself. ;) But I am interested to check this out since people keep talking about it. Maybe when all the Episodes are finally out!

That has a very real chance of not happening until early 2015, haha. You'll soon have Anno 1404 to pass the time, though. ;)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
we know Humble Bundle X is tuesday, but we should also have a new indieroyale and new indiegala next week aswell since both are over, good times for giveaways

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Speaking of sports, I never could find an answer for a question I posed once before. Is there a reason there isn't a single hockey game on Steam? Even the London 2012 when it was up didn't have it included.

I understand that the various North American hockey leagues licenses are tied up by one company, but surely not all types of hockey. Field hockey, street hockey, cartoonish versions of any hockey, giant robots in outerspace hockey, something could be made and sold on Steam I would think and yet they are not. Why?

Note I don't actually care about the sport of hockey and never plan on playing a version of it in real life or digitally, but business wise I'm quite curious as to this lack of what I always assumed was a popular sport.

Serious talk for a second. How the hell do you kill a shopkeeper in Spelunky?

Here is a tutorial video

It really works. Thank you so much for sharing that link, I can finally get those few requirements done.

Jawmuncher

we know Humble Bundle X is tuesday, but we should also have a new indieroyale and new indiegala next week aswell since both are over, good times for giveaways

We rarely see Indieroyale around these parts.
Usually it's just JaseC and the like who are going for a collection who grab that bundle. That's not to say their bad but I know for me personally unless i'm getting a steam key ASAP I usually hold off. Regret missing out on the IndieRoyale that had the one Japanese game that reminded me of Onechanbara though.

Turfster

Usually it's just JaseC and the like who are going for a collection who grab that bundle. That's not to say their bad but I know for me personally unless i'm getting a steam key ASAP I usually hold off. Regret missing out on the IndieRoyale that had the one Japanese game that reminded me of Onechanbara though.

Hey, if a bundle has steam keys (or greenlighted games), I'll post it here.

JaseC

Speaking of sports, I never could find an answer for a question I posed once before. Is there a reason there isn't a single hockey game on Steam? Even the London 2012 when it was up didn't have it included.

I understand that the various North American hockey leagues licenses are tied up by one company, but surely not all types of hockey. Field hockey, street hockey, cartoonish versions of any hockey, giant robots in outerspace hockey, something could be made and sold on Steam I would think and yet they are not. Why?

Note I don't actually care about the sport of hockey and never plan on playing a version of it in real life or digitally, but business wise I'm quite curious as to this lack of what I always assumed was a popular sport.

A presumed lack of interest would be my guess. The only games Valve outright disallows are adults-only titles, which is why Manhunt 2 isn't on Steam.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Cook, Serve, Delicious is so much fun. Feels great to get comfortable making each item. I started off having trouble with getting drink orders correct, but now they just fly out. Very satisfying.

Jawmuncher

Hey, if a bundle has steam keys (or greenlighted games), I'll post it here.

Oh I didn't mean it like that. A lot of the times I'm reminded of the bundles thanks to your posts. Just in the Steam thread Indie Royale bundles are pretty overlooked by most it seems.

Rhaknar

i buy every bundle...oh wait, I'm part of "the like" in "JaseC and the like" :(

rybrad

A presumed lack of interest would be my guess. The only games Valve outright disallows are adults-only titles, which is why Manhunt 2 isn't on Steam.
Huh, I had no idea about the AO thing. I wonder if their policy will be changing once they get the Family Sharing + restrictions setup to limit kids accessing that content on a shared account.

Li Kao

Because he joined in December, even though he already has over 900 posts (60 a day) lol
BTW Thanks Rhaknar. :D

The fuck ? No critic to be found here, I'm not the judgemental type, but as a shy / socially anxious person, this is to me like seeing another planet. 60 posts a day, oh my :-S

JaseC

Huh, I had no idea about the AO thing. I wonder if their policy will be changing once they get the Family Sharing + restrictions setup to limit kids accessing that content on a shared account.

That would be nice. I don't like having gaps in my library (EA games are the worst in this regard, haha).

Turfster

Oh I didn't mean it like that. A lot of the times I'm reminded of the bundles thanks to your posts. Just in the Steam thread Indie Royale bundles are pretty overlooked by most it seems.

Well, they haven't really been delivering the last few months, sadly.
They started off so strong, too.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I don't buy every bundle, but I will buy them if they have at least one game that looks very interesting to me, or several games I don't have, or games I'd like to give to others.

Rhaknar

The fuck ? No critic to be found here, I'm not the judgemental type, but as a shy / socially anxious person, this is to me like seeing another planet. 60 posts a day, oh my :-S

in my defense a lot of those are when Im at work, midnight to eight, all alone... it gets quite boring :(

also, I talk alot :/

Jawmuncher

Shame Steam doesn't take advantage of the fact their a PC service.
I personally think AO type fair about should be fair game on steam. Money to be had there and they can easily have checks in place to prevent unwanted access. PC is an open platform and I just feel that should be taken advantage even to it's extreme.

Jawmuncher

Well, they haven't really been delivering the last few months, sadly.
They started off so strong, too.

I missed out on their earlier offerings and only have what I have seen thus far to go off of.
Which as you said has been pretty damn weak every time I check the site. Still my vote for most disappointing bundle goes to Flying Bundle. All that hype for them to get off the ground and all we have see so far has been meh.

Zia

When was the new Humble Indie Bundle announced and has there been any indication of its contents? Regardless, it'll be a good one...

JaseC

I've been up for about a day and a half now. I'm actually a little worried that I haven't been making sense. :p

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Humble Bundle is obviously mainstream appeal, but I like Groupees more as they delve more into niches. Indie Royale is okay, BundleStars is good if you're a collector as they provide a lot of B-Tier games. IndieGala is hit-and-miss for me. Bundle-in-a-Box I think is the most underrated, but they appeal to me as they have quirky fun games I've sometimes never heard of before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom