• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovaelin

Indie Gala's website is surprisingly under-polished considering they were one of the first "big" bundles. I still consider Humble to be #1, though they're not being too humble lately. I haven't really paid much attention to Bundle Stars, but maybe I should since some of you are complimenting it.

You'd think with having the Doctor Who adventure game on there, the current Groupees bundle would've reached $100,000 seeing as it was only available to UK IIRC...

Has there been any news about anything happening after Episode 5?

I cannot guess, there are too many possibilities:

Well :

Standard

Antichamber
The Swapper
Gunpoint
Monaco
Guacamelee! <-(Too soon)
The Bridge <-(Probably not Humble enough)
Incredipede <--(Too small for Indie Bundle X)
Anodyne <- (Was in a Bundle before but not in Humble. But also too small.)
Tetrobot and Co.
Joe Danger 1 + 2 <- (Not sure about these 2)
Bit Trip Runner 2

BTA

Spelunky <-(Too soon)
Gone Home <-(Too soon)
Kentucky Route Zero <-(Not all Episodes are out yet)
Toki Tori 2 <-(Probably not BTA)
Papers, Please <-(Too soon)
7 Grand Steps <-(Probably not humble enough)
The Splatters <- (See above)
Rogue Legacy <-(Would fit)
Sang-Froid
Dont Starve

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Finally, Everyday Genius: SquareLogic is mine.
20000 puzzles, here I come. <3

Prior to the publishing rights finally reverting back to TrueThought last month it was available as part of the MumboJumbo Collection. That was a nice surprise.

I'd really like to know what went on between TT and Mumbo. TT thought it had the rights to the game back in mid-2012 but evidently this wasn't the case.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think my one Steam sale regret is not picking up The Secret World when it was $10. Now Amazon has it cheaper, but it's not Steam (which means, I'm not buying).

Looks like a fun game.

Wok

I cannot guess, there are too many possibilities:

Let us say my guesses would be:
Standard
  • Monaco
  • Beatbuddy
  • Don’t Starve
  • Papers, Please
  • Tetrobot and Co.
BTA
  • Spelunky
  • Toki Tori 2
  • Gone Home
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Kentucky Route Zero Episodes 1-3

Quoting for comparison:
Standard
  • Antichamber
  • The Swapper
  • Gunpoint
  • Monaco
  • Bit Trip Runner 2
BTA
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Dont Starve
  • FEZ
  • Hotline Miami
  • Tetrobot and Co.
  • The Bridge or Incredipede

• Dust
  • The Bridge
  • Gunpoint
  • Don't Starve
  • Monaco
  • Retrograde

• Dust: AET. (Mac/Linux/PC)
  • Guacamelee. (Mac/Linux being tested)
  • Papers, Please. (Linux being tested)

I think my one Steam sale regret is not picking up The Secret World when it was $10. Now Amazon has it cheaper, but it's not Steam (which means, I'm not buying).

Looks like a fun game.

Yeah, I'm regretting not have bought it before. Now I can't even buy it on Steam, apparently is not available in Latin America.

But you're a kitty, not a panda.

:( Why can't I be both?

Why not both?

Also, Rhaknar that's an amazing giveaway, obrigado! :)

LOL <3

Crysis 3 for $5, do I bite GAF? Yes I know it's an Origin key, but surely it'd be worth it for $5 at least.

I got it 'free' when I bought this pc due to the AMD GPU. It was okay but the fact that I got all the way to the final boss and then couldn't be arsed to finish it probably tells a tale.

Ok, as you may know, I'm about to build my first PC and I'm super involved in checking prices and searching deals, and you know, the usuals.

Being a complete ignorant in this matter, I posted a list of stuff and some questions on the proper thread.
But, as I trust you (
also I'm a total scumbag spammer
), I'd like to ask you the same everything I did there (without copying the post as it's pretty long and super off topic):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95834740&postcount=111

Every answer will be super really very appreciated and awarded with a french kiss by my avatar in the very person.
Thanks!

Well in that case, make sure you ask ModBot. He likes tongue.

What? He does, Stump told me!

Truthfacts.

I've been up for about a day and a half now. I'm actually a little worried that I haven't been making sense. :p

Reminds me of a few days ago :/. The 14 hours of sleep to catch up was glorious! :D

kulapik

Hello reminder my old friend

So, I have 5 euros burning on my Steam Wallet, so I wondered I would do a giveaway. But because I don't know what to giveaway, I'll let you decide!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19C...xrLoldqfl-i4U/viewform#start=publishanalytics

Introduce there your GAF username and the game you would want. If I can get it cheaper than 5€, I'll make a giveaway for it. It doesn't have to be on the Steam Store, I can trade keys for it so from russian traders or thanks to other websites might be cheaper.

I'll let this form 24 hours so y'all can answer it, and I'll try to do reminders.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm still waiting for my dream bundle
that isn't a horror bundle
, the Terrible Games Bundle!

For a minimum of $1 you get:
-Bad Rats
-Secret of the Magic Crystals
-Revelations 2012
-Dinner Date
-The Graveyard

BTA:
-Barbie's Dreamhouse Party
-Cricket Revolution
-Alien: Colonial Marines
-Petz Collection

Momentary

Banned
Damn Steam is consistently getting close to 8,000,000 users now.

The thing is that they are not showing in game numbers on their site, but SteamCharts has the number over 2,000,000. That's also a pretty healthy number.

bonesquad

Man, I just cannot figure out the last puzzle I need to reach
- 124 -
orbs in The Swapper. Sleeping on it didn't work this time. I think it may be unsolvable... :)

jmizzal: Sorry about that. I don't know how it could be used, as far as I know my others worked, but I sent you a PM.

The_Monk

-Bad Rats
-Revelations 2012
-Dinner Date
-The Graveyard

BTA:
-Cricket Revolution
-Petz Collection

Finally, a man with some vision! And I only own two of these titles, not bad.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
First wintersale period game finished; Castle of Illusion. Really charming platformer, glad I bought it. Couple more things to collect, i'll try get 'em, they don't look too hard. Besides, it's about time I get a 100% achievements on a steamgame. :p

Gave me the same "happiness boost" as the last two Rayman games. Very lovely. Looks beautifull as well.
Great voice-over, too. Kirkhope's soundtracks was a but dissapointing.
The last boss was a pain, though. Last phase was quite disorienting.

Bought it for 3,75. Well worth it. If you like platformers or are a big Mickey Mouse fan, even if you kinda suck at them like me, i'd reccomend it. I know this is going to sound cheap, but don't pay more then ten bucks for it, since it is kind of short. Some people finished it in an hour, it took me five. But then again, i'm a slow gamer. Most of the time.

-Bad Rats
-Revelations 2012
-Dinner Date
-The Graveyard

BTA:
-Cricket Revolution
-Petz Collection

But... they made Revelations 2012 better... They added a whole new Cast with whole new Weapons (Not). But those Voice Actors are godly (One is moaning when HE is picking something up)

Knurek

-Bad Rats
-Revelations 2012
-Dinner Date
-The Graveyard

BTA:
-Cricket Revolution
-Petz Collection

All proceeds go towards funding Bad Rats 2: Electric Bugaloo

Colin.

-Bad Rats
-Revelations 2012
-Dinner Date
-The Graveyard

BTA:
-Cricket Revolution
-Petz Collection

Add in Day One: Garry's Incident and you have yourself a buyer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
last reminder in case anyone missed it

tumblr_mvnjkoznQV1r8erlno1_500.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -- MB-839B39D2FA2EBA25 - Taken by Last Baron. 165 entrants total.

t1388865266z1.png

Raiden2.gif

denx

-Bad Rats
-Revelations 2012
-Dinner Date
-The Graveyard

BTA:
-Cricket Revolution
-Petz Collection

No Ride to Hell Retribution no sell.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
there is a local nginx reverse proxy running that intercepts the Steam web traffic and injects the appropriate javascript. It's not just working on the client, but in any browser, including internet explorer.

It's basically a local man-in-the-middle attack. Except the "man" is you.
So I'll be able to use the latest version of Enhanced Steam with Opera 12? Whoa.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Weak. Lost my Valdis Story save. I was playing earlier and it froze up with Autosave on the screen. Waited a few minutes and nothing happened, pause menu worked so I quit out. I had already started over because I wanted to try both characters, and I lost both saves. I was about three hours in on the further save, had just beaten the
first demon boss that you fight a second time, and escaped from the collapse

DukeBobby

-Bad Rats
-Revelations 2012
-Dinner Date
-The Graveyard

BTA:
-Cricket Revolution
-Petz Collection

+ Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta

-Bad Rats
-Revelations 2012
-Dinner Date
-The Graveyard

BTA:
-Cricket Revolution
-Petz Collection

It's perfect. This would be good for budding developers about what not to do

Weak. Lost my Valdis Story save. I was playing earlier and it froze up with Autosave on the screen. Waited a few minutes and nothing happened, pause menu worked so I quit out. I had already started over because I wanted to try both characters, and I lost both saves. I was about three hours in on the further save, had just beaten the
first demon boss that you fight a second time, and escaped from the collapse

:( I have had that happen to me several times over the last few days with XCOM. Lost several hours progress at one point which did not improve my mood!

Nabs

My Humble guesses:

Dust: AET. (Mac/Linux/PC)
Guacamelee. (Mac/Linux being tested)
Papers, Please. (Linux being tested)

I could keep going, but there's no way this bundle could be so good. Right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My Humble guesses:

I just want 1 or 2 games I dont own, please humblebundle gods :(

denx

My Humble guesses:

Guacamelee and Papers Please are too recent to be in a bundle. Besides, Papers Please is still selling very well on sales at -50% discount, so I think its time to be in a bundle is still way off.

I posted my guesses somewhere in this thread but I can't be bothered to look for them. >_<

Grief.exe

Guacamelee and Papers Please are too recent to be in a bundle. Besides, Papers Please is still selling very well on sales at -50% discount, so I think its time to be in a bundle is still way off.

I posted my guesses somewhere in this thread but I can't be bothered to look for them. >_<

These small indie devs rush too quickly to bundle for that quick revenue spike. Spend a couple sales at 75% off before you move to bundle.

Its probably very tempting to get that money so quickly though.

Rhaknar

165 entrants to the Rising giveaway good lord o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom