• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

What about porting MadWorld too? Or is it too gory, not worth a PC port ?
I really liked that game. It was just a bit monotone and short. Still had an awesome artstyle and superb soundtrack. Just PlatinumGames goodness.

EDIT: Now that I think about it. Heavily Motion Control based...

Mad World supported the classic controller, IIRC.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
What about porting MadWorld too? Or is it too gory, not worth a PC port ?
I really liked that game. It was just a bit monotone and short. Still had an awesome artstyle and superb soundtrack. Just PlatinumGames goodness.

EDIT: Now that I think about it. Heavily Motion Control based...

I'd rather have Anarchy Reigns to be honest since I think the PC could support a 3D arena style brawler online much longer than the consoles did.

Dr Dogg

Initial impressions of in-home streaming: my four year and a half year old MacBook Pro does a much better job than my three and a half year old HP laptop, but I believe the MBP has a better video card.

I can't get Dark Souls to stream but I suspect DSFix is the culprit there. I'm going to remove it and try it out.

DSFix up and running and works fine for me...

under Windows. Streaming to Linux I was getting 2500ms+ latency and it kicked me out due to low frame rate. This is on an old crappy laptop bear in mind.

Took a peek into that 3rd party PC thread. Oh lord.

After the 50 page plus thread regarding Tomb Raider DE's frame rate nothing surprises me anymore.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Haven't checked that one out!

and won't do so in the future

It's worth it just to see all the new gifs everyone is making.

iydgEEG6SzNQO.gif

neoemonk

DSFix up and running and works fine for me...

under Windows. Streaming to Linux I was getting 2500ms+ latency and it kicked me out due to low frame rate. This is on an old crappy laptop bear in mind.

Yeah, it didn't work for me with or without DSFix. The reason I tried it without is because last summer I couldn't stream to Twitch for a while using DSFix. I resolved that somehow but I don't remember how.

Dark Souls won't stream to either of my laptops however.

JakeD

I've only put ten minutes in, so don't take this as gospel, but Derrick the deathfin (current PWYW at indiegamestand, on greenlight) is pretty cool. Great art and simple, fun arcadey game play. Pretty much requires a game pad (not officially, but in reality)

r3n4ud

Does M&MVI come with M&MX. I was seeing earlier from JaseC's post that they removed it, but they are still advertising it on the page.
Many of us are talking about it on the game's Steam forum. We bought the deluxe version today and not received the preorder goodies yet...

So, we paid more and received the standard version :/

Caerith

Is the deus ex directors added content worth it gonna start the game soon and not sure if I should upgrade my normal copy?

Last I heard, the director's cut was built on, like, an alpha build of DXHR and not the same version we got, so it has tons of bugs and other problems that more than make up for whatever benefits the director's cut content adds, and they're not going to fix it.

Maybe I missed some vital "everything is golden now" update, but it's published by S-E so probably not.

Play the original, skip the director's cut.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-05A1B3E839E15442 - Taken by KenOD. 7 entrants total.

t1390520332z1.png

I wish the Capra Demon didn't live in an area equivalent to a narrow bathroom.

Count me as one of those gamers who felt the the difficulty of Dark Souls was kinda overstated. I'm a careful gamer and I was able to make pretty steady progress through the game and only really got stuck at two points, and this guy was the first of those. My final run where I eventually killed him was nerve wracking, I was so afraid towards the end that I was going to mess up the pattern and have to do it all over again.

Thanks for pointing me toward the "3rd Party" thread people, now my head hurts. Wandering outside my subscribed thread box is scary sometimes, I joined GAF well into the last consoles' span so I think I missed the weird breed of fucking morons that spew forth around launch windows.

Either that or a whole lot of people are acting like jerks and assholes because their new boxes are in droughts nine times out of ten.

Caerith

Count me as one of those gamers who felt the the difficulty of Dark Souls was kinda overstated. I'm a careful gamer and I was able to make pretty steady progress through the game and only really got stuck at two points, and this guy was the first of those. My final run where I eventually killed him was nerve wracking, I was so afraid towards the end that I was going to mess up the pattern and have to do it all over again.

Ditto. It's a 4v1 fight. You have to fight the Capra Demon, two dogs, and the camera.

Kadin

Great game, hope whoever wins enjoys it!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

d5415c76b38e9897f0b341c0a9f36e0ced48fbaf.jpg

The Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-0A9C1B1DF82516C8 - Taken by ClassyPenguin. 13 entrants total.

t1390531225z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Xenosaga plays quite well on emulators actually.

I wish xenosaga was a better series if namcobandai hadn't stomped on them into oblivion trying to be a FFX killer. Still hasn't stopped me from playing the entire series twice on emulators, and twice on my OG PS2.

yeah it works well for the most part. like stable framerate and looks pretty good when it's not pre-rendered crap. I only have a minor issue with shadows that isn't really too bad and sometimes saving just like breaks the game so I'm now using savestates instead.

I usually don't like using savestates since I feel kinda breaks the original game but I guess it can't be helped

so far I'm not having the best of times because the amount of cutscenes is pretty tiresome, specially since what little gameplay I get is is pretty fun but it's over so quickly.

I guess if I survived suikoden 5 I can survive anything, but I dunno, this is similarly boring to be honest.

Khaz

GAF, these are the four games that are on sale in my wishlist. Which should I get? All of them? None? Sell them to me!

They are in my wishlist because: I greatly enjoyed Super Meat Boy, I love pixel art, I played Syberia 1&2 when they first came out and never touched them since.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeons of Dreadmor Complete -- MB-B5DE0E93073AAEBE - Taken by skullmuffins. 14 entrants total.

t1390532798z1.png

Question: Are there any games like Torchlight / Torchlight 2 but kinda Mass Effectish or Falloutish?

And are there any newer games like Puzzle Quest? Or any really good match 3? I see Bejeweled 3 has decent reviews.

Caerith

GAF, these are the four games that are on sale in my wishlist. Which should I get? All of them? None? Sell them to me!

They are in my wishlist because: I greatly enjoyed Super Meat Boy, I love pixel art, I played Syberia 1&2 when they first came out and never touched them since.
Check out the Steam reviews for them?

At first glance, Knights of Pen & Paper looks like it's basically a straight mobile port, including in-app purchases, at a higher price than you'd pay for the mobile version. Upon closer inspection, however...

Overall, Knights of Pen & Paper is passable in the context of mobile gaming, but completely forgettable when compared with quality games on the PC platform. Considering the price is $9.99 on Steam vs a mere $2.99 on iOS and Android, it’s borderline offensive that the devs left in-app purchases in the game--allowing you to buy gold with your Steam wallet funds. Such a shameless exhibit of its mobile origins is perhaps a fitting red flag for a game which also fails to break away from the shallow, repetitive gameplay those origins typically entail.

This game has micro-transactions. Since this game is a grind anyway, you should never need them. Of course, having micro-transactions at all implies that this game is quite purposely putting you through a grind.

I didn't enjoy this game. Expect a LOT of grinding brainless tasks to progress, OR you could pay real money to quicken the grinding (which is garbage).

Don't reward developers who do this.

Kiru

Electronic Super Joy is awesome. Really enjoyed that one. The Soundtrack... so good.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

If you buy Syberia, you should buy Syberia II. Syberia ends basically mid-sentence. It's not a cliffhanger, it just ends. It's half a story. Even Syberia II doesn't really end properly, but it at least is the end of the beginning.

What was the second?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom