• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I got impatient

eLYPpFn.png

I don't blame you. Such a great game.

rtcn63

Ornstein and Smough. Ack, it's giving me gaming PTSD just thinking about it. It was like an hour long battle of kiting attrition to finally beat them.

Capra and S & O were my roadblocks as well.... are. I stopped after dying with just one-hit needed on the skinny one, said screw it.

Cth

GAF, these are the four games that are on sale in my wishlist. Which should I get? All of them? None? Sell them to me!

They are in my wishlist because: I greatly enjoyed Super Meat Boy, I love pixel art, I played Syberia 1&2 when they first came out and never touched them since.

If you liked SMB, ESJ will be up your alley. I had fun with it for the first world and ditched it soon after much like SMB personally. Great soundtrack.. it was in a bundle which came with the OST and other games. And at $1.59 it's a good deal.

KOP&P+1 is another good game with lots of content.. I had it on the wishlist as well but didn't buy it because of the premium PC price.. it's on sale for $2.49 which is more in line with what it should be. As far as the microtransactions, who cares? It's a crutch for players who need it but isn't needed. Doesn't bother me personally, but then again, I don't have a problem with Early Access games, "art/experience" games, etc either.

Never played Syberia, so I can't help there. At $2.49 each, I'd pass, but as a fan, it's a good price considering it's $10 normally.

All of the games are cheap enough, so I'd say get them all.. all are bound to be in a bundle eventually.

Dr Dogg

Damn.

I just realized I've been compressing all of my Steam images via photoshop. It only effects my Brothers a Tale of Two Sons downsamples. When I would look at them, I knew there had been some artifacting and I was wondering why.

http://z46.minus.com/mbdO06oOITKqWY

Actions are your friend. If you're just taking a downsampled image and resizing it for 1920x1080/1200 setup an action so not only does it do the task in a matter of seconds but you always repeat the necessary steps. Bicubic all the way.

kulapik

I just finished Thomas was Alone.

header.jpg

And well... let's say the ending kinda ruined it for me, not PoP '08 levels but still. Don't get me wrong, I liked the game, the story is good for just being a bunch of geometrical forms, the gameplay advancements, showing you what can you do with each character, music and voiceover are great, Danny knocks it out of the park. I liked
the shifters mechanic and how Thomas and his friends sacrified themselves to create them, and I would have taken that as an ending, plus the level telling what happened, of course, but the final chapter (which confused me, because I thought there was 10 chapters) decieved me a bit. What's supposedly Grey's objective, making that the pixel cloud ate them all? And then the final level, with the leap, and then, a few screens turn on (I guess their energy made it, I guess), and that's it, credits roll. I expected something more, I don't know. Maybe it was my thought that there was an extra chapter left me confused.
However, I liked the game and I would recommend it.

Up and to the right

PS: I laughed when I saw that one achievement for picking a trinket was "Needs more hats" :D

Grief.exe

Actions are your friend. If you're just taking a downsampled image and resizing it for 1920x1080/1200 setup an action so not only does it do the task in a matter of seconds but you always repeat the necessary steps. Bicubic all the way.

I'll make sure to look into it.

Corpekata

Banned
Question: Are there any games like Torchlight / Torchlight 2 but kinda Mass Effectish or Falloutish?

And are there any newer games like Puzzle Quest? Or any really good match 3? I see Bejeweled 3 has decent reviews.

By this are you asking for games that are action heavy and plot heavy? The Divinity series might be to your liking. Particularly Divine Divinity, which when released had a decent amount of Diablo plus Baldur's Gate comparisons, which sounds like a precursor to what you're asking.

By this are you asking for games that are action heavy and plot heavy? The Divinity series might be to your liking. Particularly Divine Divinity, which when released had a decent amount of Diablo plus Baldur's Gate comparisons, which sounds like a precursor to what you're asking.

I think he wants Torchlight/Diablo type ARPG but with a sci-fi twist a la Fallout/ME universes.

Chris R

When restoring game backups, am I able to choose where they install to? IE I'd wan't everything to install to my secondary drive but install xyz to my primary SSD?

In setting or gameplay? Krater is a game in the style of Torchlight set in a post apocalyptic world.

The only game I can think of that matches this criteria, and isn't total shit like Space Siege, is Krater.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42170/

There's a demo if you want to check it out.
I meant more in setting but I'd take the decision stuff too. This Krater looks like it could be good. DLing the demo now.

Copons

Oh you guys whining for the Capra Demon just crack me up.

I went there, opened the door, suddenly everything started going at 5 fps, I started mashing those buttons and suddenly I won. Just after that I realized I had just beaten a boss and two dogs.
Totally the easiest boss ever. Also, I'm so better than you!

Holy shit this looks good

Resident Evil 4 Steam launch trailer in 60 FPS http://static.capcom.com/unity/RE4HDPC_ESRB.mp4

Screenshots in 2560x1600

Yes it does.
I'm stoked it's coming -- I just want to see if GMG or someone has a deal closer to release.

Sacred 2 maybe? Not a perfect match setting-wise but it does have some sci-fi elements.

Mak, take a look at this, maybe?

Soo umm Boarderlands? There's also Space Siege, but it's godawful.

Borderlands is more of a sci-fi fps with rpg/loot elements. Definitely doesn't have the diablo/torchlight core combat/gameplay. At least, that's what I'd guess Mak would say. Knowing him, he wants something that plays like torchlight in terms of gameplay but has a sci-fi setting instead of fantasy.

Is there a way to attach my DS3 controller to my netbook via bluetooth?

Scarlet.Crush DS3 SCP server.

I went there, opened the door, suddenly everything started going at 5 fps, I started mashing those buttons and suddenly I won. Just after that I realized I had just beaten a boss and two dogs.

HAHAHA.

rtcn63

After not playing for ages, I went back and was able to kill it via the simple online-rec'd strategy of "run up stairs, fall on him a few times". I think I just didn't have the mindset back then.

Dr Dogg

How does that compare with the old version? Did it have decent options?

Well prior to the european patch 1680x1050 was the highest res it would go without painful workarounds. Other options are windowed or fullscreen and widescreen or 4:3. Yep that's all you could select. Injectors worked to a certain extent but there were next to no options for it.

After not playing for ages, I went back and was able to kill it via the simple online-rec'd strategy of "run up stairs, fall on him a few times". I think I just didn't have the mindset back then.

Yeah, I think that's something along the lines of what I did back when I played it -- though I was more interested in distracting the Capra demon until i could kill the dogs... once the dogs were dead, it wasn't so bad.

dinopoke

PC Gamers Assemble!

newsteam-assemble-gif.gif

Let's come together as a community and show Sega that the demand for Bayo, Vanquish, VF5, Valkyria Chronicles, and more is there.

Petition
GAF Thread
Retweet to spread the word

Got a couple Reddit threads up and I would appreciate taking the time to check them out and join in on the discussion.

Usually have some backlash on Reddit from console warriors for whatever reason. I did include a section for, 'I'm console-only, why should I care?'

r/Steam

r/PCGaming

r/pcmasterrace

r/Gaming

Signed! Grief, have you contacted RPS about this yet? Dark Souls on PC hit a lot of momentum when it RPS blogged about it. It also makes it more likely that other sites pick up the story too.

Purkake4

Banned
Borderlands is more of a sci-fi fps with rpg/loot elements. Definitely doesn't have the diablo/torchlight core combat/gameplay. At least, that's what I'd guess Mak would say. Knowing him, he wants something that plays like torchlight in terms of gameplay but has a sci-fi setting instead of fantasy.
And as we've established it's slim pickens on that front. On the other side you have Alien Swarm and Shadowgrounds if that helps any.

Copons

Never Better DS3...not even once.

You are looking for:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59385385&postcount=102

Just a heads up:
I used to use MotionInJoy (required for Better DS3, IIRC) before discovering SCP. When I did, I uninstalled completely MIJ, even deleting stuff from the registry.
Then I installed SCP and it works fine most of the time, but every now and then it just doesn't recognize the DS3 (
Sixaxis because I'm a dumb early adopter :(
) and I have to uninstall and reinstall SCP.

Bottom line: never MotionInJoy/Better DS3, not even once.

Myshkin

From Tony,

Amazon EC, 1/24-31, pre coupon

Tomb Raider - $8.99
Thief Bundle (Thief Gold, Thief II: The Metal Age, Thief Deadly Shadows) - $7.49
Legacy of Kain Bundle - $7.49
Final Fantasy XIV: $14.99
Final Fantasy XIV Collector's: $17.99
Hitman Taking Care of Business Pack (Hitman, Blood Money, Silent Assassin, Absolution Professional Edition) - $12.99

Thanks ^.^

Will I be able to play it without the USB cord (after setting it up)?

Yes.
I didn't have it bookmarked on this laptop, but I googled it:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

I use both my DS3 and DS4 wirelessly via bluetooth now.

From Tony,

Tomb Raider - $8.99
Thief Bundle (Thief Gold, Thief II: The Metal Age, Thief Deadly Shadows) - $7.49
Hitman Taking Care of Business Pack (Hitman, Blood Money, Silent Assassin, Absolution Professional Edition) - $12.99

Well, Wilflare might get a shot at that Thief pack he missed...

Grief.exe

I googled this but couldn't find any info..but I found Better DS3 tool here http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

Any ideas?

No. Use Xinput wrapper.

Signed! Grief, have you contacted RPS about this yet? Dark Souls on PC hit a lot of momentum when it RPS blogged about it. It also makes it more likely that other sites pick up the story too.

PM me how to get in touch with them. The petition has about 2000 signatures but could use a bump.

Some overzealous reddit mod just deleted all my threads too. They were on the top page of every subreddit I posted it too.
Mass censoring things like that is not a valid way to run a site.

Caerith

From Tony,

Tomb Raider - $8.99
So with Tomb Raider getting a "definitive edition" on consoles, is there going to be a new or updated PC version to hold out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom