• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Amazon's new deals finally kicked in:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ace Patrol Pacific Skies #5 -- MB-7F5C69AB2DC22CAD - Taken by bkw
Ace Patrol Pacific Skies #4 -- MB-4A8F7363E92C2297 - Taken by Deques
Ace Patrol Pacific Skies #3 -- MB-3B4179B0F2D0754A - Taken by Wario64
Ace Patrol Pacific Skies #2 -- MB-E78DE1400993E49A - Taken by didamangi
Ace Patrol Pacific Skies -- MB-F9DE90C92A799498 - Taken by Jame Retief
Ace Patrol #3 -- MB-D86946DA71C0D795 - Taken by Knurek
Ace Patrol #2 -- MB-DB27A709B932D090 - Taken by KenOD
Ace Patrol #5 -- MB-0DD66CD9B1BFB903 - Taken by Tesseract
Ace Patrol #4 -- MB-A30C92C1B9645966 - Taken by wilflare
Ace Patrol -- MB-D9EE35FB5DE11B69 - Taken by PriitV

denx

I still listen to the Bastion soundtrack regularly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMGlMCYdZ-Y

So good.

*brofist* that's my favorite tune from the soundtrack.

Also, I've been reading some guides about LLTQ and now I have a better understanding of how skills and moods work. From what I've been reading I actually did a lot of stuff right in my third playthrough, so I'll use the log I saved from that playthorugh and make some different choices here and there the next time I play the game.
I'm looking forward to crush the Shanjian fleet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning

both Ace Patrol games have cards btw :)

Jame Retief

Neo Member
I may have missed it being mentioned at some point, so apologies if it has been, but...GamersGate has Disciples Reincarnation on sale for $7.49.

For those that might not know, Reincarnation is basically the Gold version of Disciples 3, but with a vastly reworked gameplay system that renders the Gold version and the other stand alone versions of Disciples 3 obsolete.

Additionally, Reincarnation is a Steamworks game that has never actually been sold by Steam itself and won't show up in a search on Steam.

I've played every version of Disciples 3 and can attest that the enhancements and fixes in Reincarnation make it a much better game. If you are a fan of turn based strategy games like King's Bounty or Heroes of Might and Magic it should appeal to you.

Edit: Thanks for Ace Patrol, Jase. :)

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Since I mentioned Disciples Reincarnation earlier, here is a key to the original vanilla version of Disciples 3 if someone would like to get an idea of how the game plays. If you find it compelling enough, I highly recommend the revamped Reincarnation version linked above (and on sale).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Disciples III: Renaissance -- MB-74D05B625F25906A - Taken by Camel Master

JaseC

Thx JaseC!
Thanks JaseC for ace patrol!
Thanks for the heads up, I was waiting on it. Gotta use those 5$ credits, so not grabbing anything here, but nice of you to grab some to give away =p
Thank you my friend, something I've been quite interested in for some time now.
ty based jc for patrolling aerials !
Thanks!
But, damn! I took the wrong Ace Patrol. I wanted the first one, not the second one. Who want to exchange their first one for the second one?
Edit: Thanks for Ace Patrol, Jase. :)
thanks JaseC appreciate it

No worries. :)

Oh? Sairosmas came early this year? <3

It's Saoirsemas every day. ;)

Since I mentioned Disciples Reincarnation earlier, here is a key to the original vanilla version of Disciples 3 if someone would like to get an idea of how the game plays. If you find it compelling enough, I highly recommend the revamped Reincarnation version linked above (and on sale).

Thanks, haven't played the series yet but it seems mildly interesting.

I'll give a little back too :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Camel Master:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Plain Sight -- MB-9BCFB5B811200B1F - Taken by VikasNarula
Snuggle Truck -- MB-DBF5A466F326557B - Taken by Relax.MX

PriitV

Took a code from jasec, decided I wanted to buy the pack myself as well, so here's the "leftover"

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ace patrol -- MB-28E3D3E821033EA0 - Taken by Zeknurn

bkw

This should be an unused key. Apologies if it's not...
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

SpaceChem -- MB-C11BC6D9BB00A1FE - Taken by catfish

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Goodday SteamGAF! Did I miss anything special the last day?
Feels so weird, seeing the normal Steam storepage. Kinda miss the voting.

While that Amazon 5$ promotion might not be as good as some had hoped, Brothers for three bucks sound like a great deal. The Secret World looks really cool as well, too bad it's an MMO. :(

Goodday SteamGAF! Did I miss anything special the last day?
Feels so weird, seeing the normal Steam storepage. Kinda miss the voting.

While that Amazon 5$ promotion might not be as good as some had hoped, Brothers for three bucks sound like a great deal. The Secret World looks really cool as well, too bad it's an MMO. :(

It's barely an MMO, I soloed the entire game after getting it from last years editors choice. Apart from I think about 5 dungeons (groups only), 1 raid and a small area on each map that require groups, it's a huge fantastic single player RPG.

Edit: Oops double post! I thought someone would fit a post in in the 3 minutes. Must be the sale hangover.

JaseC

oh thanks haha! so there's a manual blacklist I guess?

ModBot users can block people from specific giveaways (e.g. let's say I was being a giant dick -- somebody could make a Wheelman giveaway and use BLOCK to block me from only this giveaway in particular) or perma-block them from all future giveaways (self-explanatory). The BLACKLIST restriction that is offered looks to the latter and prevents anybody who another user has perma-blocked from entering the giveaway, the idea being that it's a simple way for people who don't follow ModBot threads closely to block anybody who was considered abusive of giveaways without needing to name them specifically.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
really would go for a new mmo atm, the leveling withdrawl is kicking in bad (my favorite thing in any mmo, leveling a character, getting new spells, etc).

Sajjaja

ModBot users can block people from specific giveaways (e.g. let's say I was being a giant dick -- somebody could make a Wheelman giveaway and use BLOCK to block me from only this giveaway in particular) or perma-block them from all future giveaways (self-explanatory). The BLACKLIST restriction that is offered looks to the latter and prevents anybody who another user has perma-blocked from entering the giveaway, the idea being that it's a simple way for people who don't follow ModBot threads closely to block anybody who was considered abusive of giveaways without needing to name them specifically.

If only there was a Saoirse filter ;D

wilflare

I see thanks for the explanation JaseC. for a moment, I thought I was on that list. haaa.

(and I hope the Metro for Skin list gets updated to take away the spacing in the grid view. that would make it perfect)

Sajjaja

Haha, no skin off my nose since I've still yet to enter a giveaway. ;)

PZKgeq1.gif

would never do that to you bae

Wok

I wanted to vote there since when the announcement popped up on steam in the gaf indie group, but I don't take part in the monthly indie threads and I got the feeling votes from people that take part in those threads were preferred, so I abstained from voting.

You are right, I forgot about this part of the rules.

Lain

really would go for a new mmo atm, the leveling withdrawl is kicking in bad (my favorite thing in any mmo, leveling a character, getting new spells, etc).

Get into FF14:ARR if you haven't played it, it's pretty good to level up in it.

Rhaknar

I dont know how to multi-quote so to Lain and Grief, I played FF14, got to end game, got bored as with every mmo :) Ideally Wildstar would be out, but its not so :(

FF14 is / was indeed very good tho. Im thinking of just ponying up cash for a new hero in Marvel, I really liked that on release and its supposed to be a lot better now

Lain

I dont know how to multi-quote so to Lain and Grief, I played FF14, got to end game, got bored as with every mmo :) Ideally Wildstar would be out, but its not so :(

FF14 is / was indeed very good tho. Im thinking of just ponying up cash for a new hero in Marvel, I really liked that on release and its supposed to be a lot better now

Awww, if I had another beta invite for Wildstar, I'd give you one XD

JaseC

Click the + button next to the Quote link. Annoyingly, submitting the reply doesn't automatically deselect the posts, so you have to either do so manually (click the button again) or go to reply in a different thread, at which point you'll be given the option as they're not relevant to the thread.

Edit: Apparently using the Quote link rather than Post Reply deselects the posts. Neat-o.

Rhaknar

Awww, if I had another beta invite for Wildstar, I'd give you one XD

meaning you have one...and now I hate you Lain. We are no longer crappy-rpg buddies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom