• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
oh wow I won a spacechem! Thanks modbot and thanks the person that gave away the key!

edit: derp, key was from BKW, thanks BKW!

Is there any possible way to get a wired 360 controller with a transformable D-pad for PC?

Not that I know of. I tried transplanting the D-pad to my wired controller when I opened up a few old controllers over the summer, but it didn't fit the old frame.

irTWOTxl.jpg

Oh well, my controller still looks pimpin' now, including the better sticks.

M5fIzN2l.jpg

Jawmuncher

Is there any possible way to get a wired 360 controller with a transformable D-pad for PC?

If that's available then it's going to be custom made and more than likely off ebay and more expensive then grabbing the wireless controller and buying a receiver. What specifically do you need the DPAD for?

wilflare

is anyone using

(1) NEOGEO USB PAD on PC? is it just plug and play.. or do I need Xinput or Motioninjoy?
(2) Wii U Pro Controllers on PC?

Tizoc

Happy b-day jawmuncher.

For those that use a PS4 Controller with their pc/laptop, how do you go about setting the buttons to match a 360 controller?

Jawmuncher

Happy b-day jawmuncher.

For those that use a PS4 Controller with their pc/laptop, how do you go about setting the buttons to match a 360 controller?

Thanks.
As for the PS4 controller I was pretty sure the new wrapper for it did all the work on that matter.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn another birthday and dino crisis still isn't on steam. Thanks for ruining my birthday capcom.

Happy birthday!

The Compulsive Collector

- 30% of the gamers surveyed are Compulsive Collectors with a Pile of Shame at least 50 high.
- The average Collector has roughly 100 games in their backlog.
- They play games for 20 hours a week and spend 10 hours engaging with gaming media.
- They bought 26-50 games in the past 12 months: 80% on sale and just 10% new at full price. 6
- They have not played 60% of the games purchased in the past 12 months.

tumblr_mjxu91mf371s5wp8e5e.gif

oipic

Damn another birthday and dino crisis still isn't on steam. Thanks for ruining my birthday capcom.

Happy Birthday, Jawmuncher! :)

Capcom have made steady progress since your last birthday... so hopefully they'll finally come through in time for your next one. Right?

JaseC/Kotaku said:
The Compulsive Collector

- 30% of the gamers surveyed are Compulsive Collectors with a Pile of Shame at least 50 high.
- They play games for 20 hours a week and spend 10 hours engaging with gaming media.
- They bought 26-50 games in the past 12 months: 80% on sale and just 10% new at full price.

Golly, I think this definition fits most of SteamGAF (I certainly fit the bill) - they may need a stronger term for you, Jase. :)

Raytow

controller steam gaf should I ditch my 360 pad for a ps4 one? the dpad is an obvious upgrade, dunno about the rest.

thanks man! just got my rig updated to Windows 8.1.
do I just redeem it on the Windows App Store?

Instructions:

Congratulations! You’ve been selected for the Project Spark Beta!

We’re proud to have you onboard to help shape the future of Project Spark. This invitation gives you early access to Project Spark and exclusive access to our feedback forums.

Project Spark is an endless adventure where everything is customizable by you! Jump into the open world sandbox where you can create your own games, worlds, movies, stories and more. Then share them with your family, friends, and the world.

- Play what other players have made and take part in unlimited adventures.

- Make your own game while you play with the revolutionary Crossroads mode.

- Bend, shape, and mold your own worlds with sculpting and beautify your creations with painting and Biomes.

- Master the easy to use brain system to add behaviors to anything and bring your creations to life.

It’s quick and easy to get started:
1. Make sure you are running Windows 8.1. If you haven’t updated from Windows 8 to 8.1, you can do so for free via the Windows Store (or click this link: ms-windows-store:WindowsUpgrade)

2. Download the Project Spark Beta app on the Windows Store here.

3. Launch the Project Spark Beta App and log in with your Beta Key

Hope you have fun with it!

Toki Tori is <3

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-B07130103A49FBEB - Taken by fokkusu. 1 entrants total.

t1388929731z1.png

Jawmuncher

Happy Birthday, Jawmuncher! :)

Capcom have made steady progress since your last birthday... so hopefully they'll finally come through in time for your next one. Right?

They are ever so slowly inching towards it. Though by my guess it'll be another 5 birthdays before they get it right.

Happy birthday!

Thanks

Wrapper? I'll look into it, but it'd set say the 'Start' button to Options and the like correct?

The prompts in game are going to stay as Xbox 360 style unless theres a mod to change it like in Dark Souls. If you search PS4 Controller PC on Neogaf search you'll find the wrapper i'm talking about if someone hasn't posted it yet.

Darkroronoa

More like 50 hours engaging with gaming media,personally i spend more than 2x time in forums,reading articles and watching youtube gaming videos than i actually play games :/

Ban Puncher

If that's available then it's going to be custom made and more than likely off ebay and more expensive then grabbing the wireless controller and buying a receiver. What specifically do you need the DPAD for?

The D-Pad on a standard 360 controller suuuuuuuuuuucks for anything that really needs a D-Pad like platformers or fighters. I've already got a load of newer 360 controllers cluttering up the place, I might just go buy a 360 controller with the wireless adaptor for PC, use the adaptor with one of my current controllers with the transformable D-Pad and toss the bundled controller in a ditch.

I do have a spare PS4 controller but I was under the impression that they weren't compatible with the majority of games on Steam. Otherwise I'd just go buy a Bluetooth receiver and use that on my PC.

JaseC

Golly, I think this definition fits most of SteamGAF (I certainly fit the bill) - they may need a stronger term for you, Jase. :)

Haha, it certainly would have been interesting to see some more of the extreme stats rather than just the averages.

Toki Tori is <3

Toki Tori was one of the first games I bought on a whim (still well before I began collecting, though), but I still haven't played much of it outside of the ApSci stuff during the Portal 2 early release ARG (which I quite enjoyed).

dani_dc

Did anyone else "Recent Game Activity" in the past 2 weeks go to 0 on new years?
Kind of annoying me to see it at 14 hours when I know it should be considerably higher.

More like 50 hours engaging with gaming media,personally i spend more than 2x time in forums,reading articles and watching youtube gaming videos than i actually play games :/

This is unfortunately something I also fall upon.
Though it can vary a lot.

Pretty much everyone here is a compulsive collector.

Suffering from OCD and having a Steam collection is not a good combination.

Tizoc

Speaking of compulsive collector:
Are The Bureau X-COM DLC missions worth getting? I could get Codebreaker with my GMG credit for example soon.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Kotaku: We're buying more PC games then we can play

The Compulsive Collector

- They bought 26-50 games in the past 12 months: 80% on sale and just 10% new at full price. 6

I wish my backlog was roughly 100 games.

Current count on Steam alone, 811. Chances of ever clearing said backlog? When meteorologists stop talking about hell freezing over.

I wish my backlog was roughly 100 games.

Current count on Steam alone, 811. Chances of ever clearing said backlog? When meteorologists stop talking about hell freezing over.

My Steam backlog is the DLC packs for Fallout: New Vegas. My complete library (collected since 2007) including betas, expansions, double entries for Mac versions and f2p games is 123 entries.

Am I doing it wrong?

Divius

Spelunky is hard.

Mostly because I don't have a feel for the controls at all. :( I did make it past the first area for the first time and ended up in the jungle where I jumped on some spikes. So yeah.

graywolf323

My Steam backlog is the DLC packs for Fallout: New Vegas. My complete library (collected since 2007) including betas, expansions, double entries for Mac versions and f2p games is 123 entries.

Am I doing it wrong?

I'd prefer to think you're just trying to balance out what Jase is doing :p

Toki Tori was one of the first games I bought on a whim (still well before I began collecting, though), but I still haven't played much of it outside of the ApSci stuff during the Portal 2 early release ARG (which I quite enjoyed).

The first Toki Tori is cool and the second one is amazing, the design is really smart in using only two abilities in different ways.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Am I doing it wrong?

I started buying pc games in fall of 2012 (when I built my rig)...up to 112(I think). Might be doing it wrong. :p

JaseC

I'm a Compulsive Collector, you are a whole level beyond that which is something Kotaku apparently isn't aware of :p

A... thing!

Yes, he has a backlog of 2000 games, not 50. Fucking kotaku...

Oh yeah, hb Jawmuncher.

That's probably not far from the truth, actually. At some point last year I decided to count how many games I'd actually finished, including stuff I'd completed a million years ago (e.g. Ultimate Doom) as well as on other platforms (e.g. Alan Wake) and I think the number was closer to 50 than 100.

I'd prefer to think you're just trying to balance out what Jase is doing :p

Those region-specific apps don't buy themselves! (I'm still a little miffed about Arma 2. :()

The first Toki Tori is cool and the second one is amazing, the design is really smart in using only two abilities in different ways.

I've not read much on the sequel but even the original is a lovely, charming game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom