• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Since i've upgraded my PC seven months ago and became almost exclusive to PC, i've scored over one hundred steam games...
Haven't even paid a dollar a piece.

PC gaming is so darn cheap. Still suprises me everytime.

Crub

Can't get hardware accelartion to work in flash games on Steam like Lily Looking Through and Incredipede. Flash simply doesn't seem to detect my GPU (560 Ti). :/

It's strange as it is enabled and does work properly in my browser.

sapsari

Since i've upgraded my PC seven months ago and became almost exclusive to PC, i've scored over one hundred steam games...
Haven't even paid a dollar a piece.

PC gaming is so darn cheap. Still suprises me everytime.

Ahoy there, welcome aboard.

is anyone using

(1) NEOGEO USB PAD on PC? is it just plug and play.. or do I need Xinput or Motioninjoy?
(2) Wii U Pro Controllers on PC?
None of the wrappers or drivers that work for the DS3/DS4 work for the NeoGeo pad. Only way to use it for Xinput games is to use x360ce or remapping software like xpadder.

The thing is kind of annoying to set up to be honest. It has the best d-pad I've ever used though so it's worth putting up with.

wilflare

None of the wrappers or drivers that work for the DS3/DS4 work for the NeoGeo pad. Only way to use it for Xinput games is to use x360ce or remapping software like xpadder.

The thing is kind of annoying to set up to be honest. It has the best d-pad I've ever used though so it's worth putting up with.

The worst part is I think mine came with the L2 shoulder button spoilt. Argh.

hmm so it supports only direct input?

The worst part is I think mine came with the L2 shoulder button spoilt. Argh.

hmm so it supports only direct input?
Yes it only supports directinput. There are also times where you have to hold the both start and select buttons while plugging it in because games don't recognize the d-pad.

Arthea

Happy birthday, Jawmuncher. I wish you RE7 on steam this year! :)

I've finished 58 games last year. So it's not like I don't play them. Just don't ask how many I have bought. :)

Before my last resolution not to buy anything I don't plan to play immediately (it was after 2013 summer sale), I did some math, and for every 5 games I do finish I buy about 50 in that time. Granted, I play much more than 5 games in said period of time, still I play them in much slower pace than I buy them. That leads me to conclusion that I too am compulsive buyer. When I try to reason with myself, I fail usually, as I want most of the games I buy, the problem is, I can't play everything what I want, but while buying I don't think it terms will I play it, I'm convinced I will, even if I know that's impossible.
How convoluted is that? Convoluted games' plots, gaf is so fond of raging against, don't even compare! (><)

I've finished 58 games last year. So it's not like I don't play them. Just don't ask how many I have bought. :)

That's almost 5 games a month that you are completing...

I can't even comprehend how one would do that. How do you find so much free time? Or are a lot of them 2-5 hour indie games?

Danielsan

Half an hour left

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Q.U.B.E -- MB-2B3CC7057239F101 - Taken by _hekk05. 9 entrants total.

t1388935222z1.png

Man, Risk of Rain is so good.

Yes it is. Add me if you like, I wouldn't mind finding some people to play co-op with.

It really is. Been playing it on easy to unlock more stuff and it's great fun. Love how crazy it gets when you grab loads of items.

Same as above. ;)

Renjility on b/s/t had bureau for 5$, not sure about infinite.

This is where I got mine.
Renj is awesome.

I finished 67 last year, I think... there was a little creative counting there (walking dead season 1 was 5 entries, some "meatier" DLC was also counted as it's own game [example: Vergil's Downfall]).

The count for this year is already at 1 -- I finished Bastion yesterday! Slowly but surely destroying my unplayed backlog. I don't count games like RE5, RE6, Dead Rising 2, etc. that I've played to death on consoles -- I just like having everything on one platform, so when I sold the console versions, I picked up the Steam versions on the cheap.

Arthea

I finished 67 last year, I think... there was a little creative counting there (walking dead season 1 was 5 entries, some "meatier" DLC was also counted as it's own game [example: Vergil's Downfall]).

The count for this year is already at 1 -- I finished Bastion yesterday! Slowly but surely destroying my unplayed backlog. I don't count games like RE5, RE6, Dead Rising 2, etc. that I've played to death on consoles -- I just like having everything on one platform, so when I sold the console versions, I picked up the Steam versions on the cheap.

That's impressive, I think I never crossed 50 finished games per year line.
If we consider that on average a game is about 10 hours long, some being shorter, some longer. It takes 2-4 days to finish a game, about 10 games a month that would be. But! if we remember strategy games, MMOs., MOBAs, infinite puzzle games, It's not reasonable to expect to finish 100 games a year, but much close to 50 and less.And I think most of us here buy much more than 100 games a year.

Soule

Hey guys so I've seen that apparently you can toggle an option to allow steam to continue downloading when you launch a game, however I cannot find where that option is, would someone please point me in the right direction? I would've thought the 'downloads' tab in settings would be it but apparently not :(

Hey guys so I've seen that apparently you can toggle an option to allow steam to continue downloading when you launch a game, however I cannot find where that option is, would someone please point me in the right direction? I would've thought the 'downloads' tab in settings would be it but apparently not :(
It's per game I think.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Opt into the client beta and there'll be a universal toggle in that very place.

didamangi

Are you using the beta client?

Wok

That's impressive, I think I never crossed 50 finished games per year line.
If we consider that on average a game is about 10 hours long, some being shorter, some longer. It takes 2-4 days to finish a game, about 10 games a month that would be. But! if we remember strategy games, MMOs., MOBAs, infinite puzzle games, It's not reasonable to expect to finish 100 games a year, but much close to 50 and less.And I think most of us here buy much more than 100 games a year.

Even though Dota 2 absorbed half of the year, I have finished 28 games in 2013, by counting TWD as only one game. So, it is not unrealistic to finish 50 games in a year if you like indie games and if you do not play free-to-play games.

JaseC

Including Black Flag, which I'm counting because I would have completed it in time had Uplay not eaten my save, I finished 5.5 games last year:

- AssCreed 3's DLC (0.25)
- BioShock Infinite
- Kentucky Route Zero (0.25; just the first episode)
- FEAR
- Rayman Origins
- Tomb Raider 2013

Arthea

Even though Dota 2 absorbed half of the year, I have finished 28 games in 2013, by counting TWD as only one game. So, it is not unrealistic to finish 50 games in a year if you like indie games and if you do not play free-to-play games.

I didn't say it's unrealistic, 50 is realistic, but only if we forget all games I mentioned plus racing games, forgot to mention those.

Including Black Flag, which I'm counting because I would have completed it in time had Uplay not eaten my save, I finished 5.5 games last year:

- BioShock Infinite
- FEAR
- Rayman Origins
- Tomb Raider 2013
You play like a non-gamer.

Arthea

- BioShock Infinite
- FEAR
- Rayman Origins
- Tomb Raider 2013

These are games you finished or all you have played?

graywolf323

- BioShock Infinite
- FEAR
- Rayman Origins
- Tomb Raider 2013

having the combination of ADD & OCD so you never really finish anything high five!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

- BioShock Infinite
- FEAR
- Rayman Origins
- Tomb Raider 2013

AC3's DLC is meaty when you combine the 3 episodes. It should be a .5 at least.

JaseC

You play like a non-gamer.

I may not play many games, but when I do I'm thorough, so it evens out. ;)

These are games you finished or all you have played?

I did start a few games only to put them on the backburner soon thereafter, namely Age 2 HD, Dark Souls and FEAR's first expansion pack.

AC3's DLC is meaty when you combine the 3 episodes. It should be a .5 at least.

I had the same thought, but even though there's a fair amount of content on offer (surprisingly so), 0.25 seems more fair considering how it compares to what the game proper offers.

having the combination of ADD & OCD so you never really finish anything high five!

saoirse-ronan-hi5-o.gif

Faabulous

You guys finish a lot of games. I game a lot, but its mostly Free to play games or online games in general. I sank most of my 2013 gaming hours on Dota 2, League of Legends and EVE Online. I don't play 2 out of those 3 anymore, so I expect to finish more games this year.

garath

- BioShock Infinite
- FEAR
- Rayman Origins
- Tomb Raider 2013

I think I "finished" even less. I rarely see a game through to the end. I play a lot of different games though.

Takes a pretty good hook to keep me going.

dani_dc

I personally have no idea how many games I finished, I know I finished 2 or 3 in the last few weeks of the year.
If I had to guess probably somwhere between 20 and 50.

I should probably take part of that backlog thread to keep track of this, but I'm not too eager to have a negative score every single year.

Knurek

JaseC, since you 100% AssCreed3, let me ask you - I like the collectible aspect of the games and have enjoyed AC2/Bro (with exception of storyline missions, which can go fuck themselves with a rusty crowbar). Still have ACRev to do, should I get AC3 when it's 75% off, or do I wait for base price reduction?

JaseC

JaseC, since you 100% AssCreed3, let me ask you - I like the collectible aspect of the games and have enjoyed AC2/Bro (with exception of storyline missions, which can go fuck themselves with a rusty crowbar). Still have ACRev to do, should I get AC3 when it's 75% off, or do I wait for base price reduction?

If collecting things is a sufficient hook then I'd definitely say it's worth snapping up when discounted. If nothing else it'll be on sale come Ubi's week-long publisher sale (typically May but last year it was held in March).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom