• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a bit more of GRID2 couple of hours ago and while it looks great I can't help but wonder if they had more environmental weather. Sand & dirt, heavy rain, snow, etc. I remember when I played Need for Speed The Run on the console back in the day and while the game was very short and not well received by many, there was one particular race that was amazing. Basically you had to race in the snow, near a mountain, during an avalanche. That was crazy fun, actually.

I finally completed the career mode last night, and while I enjoyed my time with the game it was becoming too repetitive near the end. Looking back on it, what you've said about environmental variety was certainly one factor. Races always take place in fine weather: the only difference is whether you drive during the day or at night, and I definitely feel that was a missed opportunity. And apart from making the actual gameplay more interesting I'm sure it would have looked glorious, given how well-optimized the graphics engine is.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It probably does, but keep in mind that pariting it with the DS3 via MotionInJoy renders it useless for anything else (which means you won't be able to connect anything else to it). It was a bit of a bummer for me, because I have a Bluetooth mouse.

I guess Im better with wired then.

derFeef

I forgot I own that, finally redeemed on Steam. Really wanna play Minervas Den finally.

GrYhbmN.jpg

I can't wait for the person who wins this to declare it mediocre (if they ever even play it).

So then I can bodyslam them.

I'll join in.

Alien8

GUYS. The Crusader Kings II Collection is $20 at Green Man Gaming and I told myself I'd buy it at that price. The problem is I have a 50% off coupon on Steam as well as $6.25 in my wallet (which I was saving for CKII). What do I do? Buy it or wait for a Steam sale? The coupon expires Feb 1st.

CKII gets discounts (75% off) on Steam fairly often, but has been on sale in the last winter sale so if you really want to play it now, I think its better the GMG offer (which is the CKII collection, with lots of DLC).

Amazon went crazy in 2012 and managed to sell it for $5.
I have no idea how that happened.

DAMMIT. HOW DID I MISS THIS?!

Well far as Steam's deal went, you would be buying the 'Season Pass' which gives you all 5 eps.

Ah, ok, that's better.
But if that's true, why wouldn't the poster who mentioned getting rid of it keep it and just wait for the full content to exist before playing it? :\

My new PC didn't have integrated BT, so I had to buy a dongle too, but with DS4 Tool, it works just like an x360 controller with relatively few hiccups.

--

Thos Ace Patrol games that are $1 on Amazon (after coupon) -- what do they play like? Is it all just turn based flight sim, sort of like Civ 5 with planes?

Because i get something else instead of keeping this with me for a year @.@.

Fair enough. :)
I'd probably be afraid that I wouldn't be able to find it discounted again when it was finished and I wanted to play it and would have to wait.

So it's Disney's fault none of the franchises they own have major sales?

Ducktales and Castle of Illusion were pretty heavily discounted in the past couple weeks.

--

GMG is taunting me. They have 2/3 of the DLC for The Bureau on sale. Urrrg.

Fair enough. :)
I'd probably be afraid that I wouldn't be able to find it discounted again when it was finished and I wanted to play it and would have to wait.

Ducktales and Castle of Illusion were pretty heavily discounted in the past couple weeks.

--

Yeah but it's GMG. Fuck GMG.

The_Monk

I finally completed the career mode last night, and while I enjoyed my time with the game it was becoming too repetitive near the end. Looking back on it, what you've said about environmental variety was certainly one factor. Races always take place in fine weather: the only difference is whether you drive during the day or at night, and I definitely feel that was a missed opportunity. And apart from making the actual gameplay more interesting I'm sure it would have looked glorious, given how well-optimized the graphics engine is.

I really agree. But it does not surprise me, I mean, if you look at Forza it's about time they implement some weather conditions. Dirt 2 & 3 felt great and they still look really nice on PC. I think it adds a lot to the experience when racing, missing opportunity indeed. Also, it's a shame that some tracks are DLC only.

Fewr

Guys, I bought Ys I and II chronicles during the steam sale. When I start, the game asks if I want to play something 2009 or something 2001. Which should I choose?
I really don't know anything about Ys, that's why I'm asking, I don't even know if it's the same game or not.

aScaris

Hello SteamGAF!
Been lurking in the steam threads for almost 2 years now, but this is the first thread I'm active in :D Since my Steam-backlog has grown to an acceptable amount of games during this winter seal I finally feel like posting here :)

I forgot I own that, finally redeemed on Steam.

One of my favourite collectors editions of all time :) The black box with the figerprints of the little sisters is still standing in my room as deco. Even the vinyl gets its playtime every now and then :D Such a great package :)

Wok

Hello SteamGAF!
Been lurking in the steam threads for almost 2 years now, but this is the first thread I'm active in :D Since my Steam-backlog has grown to an acceptable amount of games during this winter seal I finally feel like posting here :)

Welcome!

What's wrong with GMG, or am I missing a GAF funny here?

Incidentally, I have no idea what DLC there is for this game but The Bureau itself is currently £3.99 (with Codebreakers pre-order bonus, whatever that might be) on SimplyCDKeys
OMG! Are they trustworthy!? OMG!

Volcynika

Guys, I bought Ys I and II chronicles during the steam sale. When I start, the game asks if I want to play something 2009 or something 2001. Which should I choose?
I really don't know anything about Ys, that's why I'm asking, I don't even know if it's the same game or not.

It's the same game, I know the music is different, I forget about the graphics though.

kulapik

Remiiiiinder:

ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skulls of the Shogun #1 -- MB-3D9A7C68AE7C1CB3
Skulls of the Shogun #2 -- MB-04DA484ED3DA3085 - Taken by Rand6. 108 entrants total.

t1388964583z1.png

And a whole new giveaway!

ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gunman Clive -- MB-04DA484ED3DA3085 - Taken by Rand6. 108 entrants total.

t1388964112z1.png

Colin.

Just a random thought about the Steam market. When it comes to users listing an item at the same price, I think the user that listed it for that price first should remain at the top. Seems a bit unfair that someone could have it listed for days at that price, but someone else that has just put it up for sale gets preference. First come first served, and all that.
Yes, this did cost me a sale today. Grumble, grumble.

vermadas

Have you tried Spelunky? No grinding to speak of, and it's all about excellent design and mechanics within procedurally generated level layouts.

I have tried Spelunky on XBLA. Unfortunately, I had a problem with my controller where the analog deadzone was far too small and I would accidentally duck all the time and there was no way to adjust it. Wouldn't be a problem with the PC version I guess but I've been hesitant to double dip. I agree that, from what I saw in my short period of time, the game has much better mechanics than Rogue Legacy.

dream

Not sure if anyone cares, but I used one of my $5 Amazon credits on The Secret World (because what else would I use it on?) and it's...surprisingly not bad. I wouldn't pay a monthly fee for it, but it's really not bad for $6.50.

Hawkie

Chronicles (2009) mode has a slightly more improved artwork style, and actually has more cut scenes throughout the game than the Complete version.

Complete (2001) mode has a more "traditional" artwork style, and some of the cut scenes in the game that are present in the Chronicles version are instead rendered as live action with the game sprites.

(Taken from the GAMEFAQ's FAQ/Walkthrough by A Backdated Future)

MRORANGE

Hello SteamGAF!

Wow... That's nearly the same time it took to get my account approved.

Welcome aboard.

PhaZZe

Banned
Right now ended Burial at sea Ep1, amazing DLC, waiting for episode 2.
thanks steam for your error in season pass price

Why?

Why? I found them to be pretty reliable.

Indeed.

What's wrong with GMG, or am I missing a GAF funny here?

Incidentally, I have no idea what DLC there is for this game but The Bureau itself is currently £3.99 (with Codebreakers pre-order bonus, whatever that might be) on SimplyCDKeys
OMG! Are they trustworthy!? OMG!

I heard SimplyCDKeys is decent... you just might get a region free code not from your region when you buy the key. I can't buy from them though, since I'm in the US.

The game has 3 pieces of DLC. Codebreakers, Laser Gun, and Hangar 47. Hangar47 is the one that's not discounted with the rest of the stuff on GMG. It's still $5 or $4 with 25% off code.

Will I have any trouble using 2 DS3 controllers with SCP/XInput Wrapper or will it be simply plug and play?

Supposedly SCP (for DS4) is able to handle up to 4 controllers. I'm not sure about DS3 though, no experience there.

Artofwar420

Just installed Deus Ex Invisible War haha. Playing that right now because my curiosity is getting the better of me.

I did play the first Deus Ex already; excellent title.

Dr Dogg

Brothers, as easy and intuitive as it is to grasp the controls, is not a game you want to be playing with a hangover (or other headache inducing ailment). Trying to figure out which stick controls which little shit is bad enough but some of the puzzles do require a tiny amount of cognitive reasoning that was a bit beyond me in my current state.

One blasted puzzle had me
trying to use a hamster wheel of sorts to lower a bridge, which only little brother could use. So big brother has to go across but as soon as little brother stops using the shell the bridge goes up. So on the other side there's about 4 sheep. I think "ah ha! I'll just wight the bridge down with a few sheep and were across in no time". Cue half a bastard hour of sheep getting left on a bridge and then catapulted into the river until it dawned on my "hey numb nuts have you tried putting a sheep in the hamster wheel?"
and that's only an hour in. Doing wonders for my headache.

mannerbot

I have tried Spelunky on XBLA. Unfortunately, I had a problem with my controller where the analog deadzone was far too small and I would accidentally duck all the time and there was no way to adjust it. Wouldn't be a problem with the PC version I guess but I've been hesitant to double dip. I agree that, from what I saw in my short period of time, the game has much better mechanics than Rogue Legacy.

From your earlier post I can tell you have excellent taste and would love Spelunky. Maybe get a new wired 360 controller so you can play your XBLA copy and have a pad for PC games too?

The_Monk

Hello SteamGAF!

Welcome fellow GAFfer enjoy your days in this fine Community and have fun! :)

Kuroyume

Banned
Castle of Illusion was like $5 on Amazon. Perhaps even cheaper but already got one of the Giana games which I still need to begin. Surprised Mickey was cheaper than Duck Tales.

derFeef

Hello SteamGAF!

One of my favourite collectors editions of all time :) The black box with the figerprints of the little sisters is still standing in my room as deco. Even the vinyl gets its playtime every now and then :D Such a great package :)

Yes it's a fantastic box, plus I got it for like 10€ on Amazon. Also welcome :)

I have Batman AC GOTY from the WB humblebundle but since they change how humble bundle keys work guessing i can't give it away through modbot..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom