• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

Just a random thought about the Steam market. When it comes to users listing an item at the same price, I think the user that listed it for that price first should remain at the top. Seems a bit unfair that someone could have it listed for days at that price, but someone else that has just put it up for sale gets preference. First come first served, and all that.
Yes, this did cost me a sale today. Grumble, grumble.

I agree, I hate it when I become the first listing and suddenly another user list their item at the same price and gets the top spot.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If you have issues with the button layout you can remap them however you like. The time limit is not an insta-death, it just summons a slow moving enemy that can be avoided, but will kill you if it touches you. It's all about risk rewards and making decisions on what's really worth pursuing with your allotted resources, but the levels are small enough that it's not hard to double and triple back on them before having it trigger.

You can't remap the 360 controller though! Who the hell thought RB/RT for two functions was a good idea!?

Yeah I bought Spelunky on vita becuase of Steam Recommendation and it hasn't turned out well. The controls i'm still just finding odd and the gameplay as a whole isn't hooking me like I does others. I made it to the second area after the caves and could have cared less about the accomplishment.

I haven't even made it that far. I made it to 1-2 now and then but then a ghost triggers because I'm trying to get money for the shops if/when they appear and the ghost always triggers.

I heard SimplyCDKeys is decent... you just might get a region free code not from your region when you buy the key. I can't buy from them though, since I'm in the US.

The game has 3 pieces of DLC. Codebreakers, Laser Gun, and Hangar 47. Hangar47 is the one that's not discounted with the rest of the stuff on GMG. It's still $5 or $4 with 25% off code.

Thanks for the info. I haven't really followed this game too closely - other than hearing that it was supposedly a disappointment - but I'll admit that for £3.99 I'm just a leetle bit tempted. I've actually used SimplyGames a couple of times, years ago, for physical products and found them reasonably quick and efficient, but I have no idea how they are now or for digital content. That concern about regional codes sounds about right, though. And they certainly haven't helped themselves by picking a name that inspires very little confidence indeed.

Thanks for the info. I haven't really followed this game too closely - other than hearing that it was supposedly a disappointment - but I'll admit that for £3.99 I'm just a leetle bit tempted. I've actually used SimplyGames a couple of times, years ago, for physical products and found them reasonably quick and efficient, but I have no idea how they are now or for digital content. That concern about regional codes sounds about right, though. And they certainly haven't helped themselves by picking a name that inspires very little confidence indeed.

I watched a trailer or some gameplay footage of early game on YT -- looked sort of like Mass Effect 2... I thought "whynot?!".

Codebreakers comes to like $.50 after the coupon. Easy pick up. Wish they had the other 1/3 on sale

I did. I grabbed the 2 that were on sale with 25% off for $0.80.

You can't remap the 360 controller though! Who the hell thought RB/RT for two functions was a good idea!?

I haven't even made it that far. I made it to 1-2 now and then but then a ghost triggers because I'm trying to get money for the shops if/when they appear and the ghost always triggers.

I don't like the choice of RB for enter the door -- but since that's the only function of that button, I don't really care. I'm used to LT for that function though, as that's how it is on Vita. RT for sprint makes sense though... you shouldn't need/want to remap that. :p

I have Batman AC GOTY from the WB humblebundle but since they change how humble bundle keys work guessing i can't give it away through modbot..

Sure you can.
It will just PM the URL to the winner, instead of a key.

You absolutely can.

jziZ4Ru555Dgb.png

aScaris

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Wow... That's nearly the same time it took to get my account approved.

Welcome aboard.

For me it was like 1 or 1 1/2 years of reading before I registered an account, than 3 months of waiting and them some time reading without posting even though I could have :D

mannerbot

Hm, I've always found the complaints about the Spelunky ghost peculiar. It's an important part of the game's design, and it fits perfectly both thematically and in the context of the gameplay. The ghost is there to tell you to hurry the hell up, there's no time for dawdling; after all, you're raiding a dungeon full of unknown dangers. Like yeah, when I first ran into the ghost it was surprising/scary, but all it really does is help you pick up the pace and keep the game interesting. It shouldn't be an issue at all unless you're the type of person that doesn't ever use the run button in platformers. And, later on when you get better, you realize the Ghost is slow as hell and not even a real threat as long as you plan your moves ahead, so you've now flipped the switch and a big, unkillable, INSTADEATH monstrosity is now a joke and that's an amazing feeling; better yet, you can even exploit him to your own advantage when you're proficient at the game.

Turfster

Hm, I've always found the complaints about the Spelunky ghost peculiar.

I only hate the ghost when it spawns RIGHT ON TOP OF THE EXIT with only a small path to get there. If I can get over/under him, then he's easy, but if it's just one path, it's basically "bye"

Great to see the new thread at so many pages already - been lurking a little on my vacation in A Land Down Under, but just wanted to poke my head out and say hi. Did some fun gift exchanging with friends during the same and came out with Papers, Please, Brothers and Steamworld Dig (and a game I'd never heard of based on Hamlet!).

Been buying bundles while I've been away so will have a nice giveaway of my own when I get back :)

MRORANGE

For me it was like 1 or 1 1/2 years of reading before I registered an account, than 3 months of waiting and them some time reading without posting even though I could have :D

Ah I see, well for me it was 2 years of waiting, as my first two accounts got rejected for approval :|

maty

Almost the same for me, I spent a good time lurking before I even registered and got my account approved.

And welcome of course! :)

kulapik

So, I''ve been downloading Battlefield 3 for a long time, and today, being at a 97%, my computer crashed. Now I seemengly have to restart the download.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

liezryou

Guess they must have sped up the process. You guys both joined in 2013. Back when i joined there was something like a 6 month waiting period. I got approved in 3 weeks or something after being put on the shortlist :p.

Freezard

Oh God I need that Painkiller Complete since Valve ignored it. But it's in British pounds for me ;( Anyone up for gifting for $13?

Arthea

Great to see the new thread at so many pages already - been lurking a little on my vacation in A Land Down Under, but just wanted to poke my head out and say hi. Did some fun gift exchanging with friends during the same and came out with Papers, Please, Brothers and Steamworld Dig (and a game I'd never heard of based on Hamlet!).

Been buying bundles while I've been away so will have a nice giveaway of my own when I get back :)

Which game is based on Hamlet?

Oh God I need that Painkiller Complete since Valve ignored it. But it's in British pounds for me ;( Anyone up for gifting for $13?

Nobody needs Painkiller complete or not, you can take my word for that ;)

kulapik

Yep, I have to download ALL Battlefield 3 again. And it already deleted all that it had downloaded. Also, I asked for a verification code and it says it's wrong.

I wanted to embrace Origin, but nope. Fuck you, EA.

Eternia

Just a random thought about the Steam market. When it comes to users listing an item at the same price, I think the user that listed it for that price first should remain at the top. Seems a bit unfair that someone could have it listed for days at that price, but someone else that has just put it up for sale gets preference. First come first served, and all that.
Yes, this did cost me a sale today. Grumble, grumble.
I always thought when that happens, it's just cheaper in some other currency that they're listing in.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yep, I have to download ALL Battlefield 3 again. And it already deleted all that it had downloaded. Also, I asked for a verification code and it says it's wrong.

I wanted to embrace Origin, but nope. Fuck you, EA.
Why would you ever want to embrace origin?

Turfster

Just a random thought about the Steam market. When it comes to users listing an item at the same price, I think the user that listed it for that price first should remain at the top.

It's first come first serve, but if you're listing in euros or pounds, everyone else's currency is weaker and sneaks in before you because everything gets downconverted to dollars. You're basically at the mercy of the exchange rate.

Arthea

It's first come first serve, but if you're listing in euros or pounds, everyone else's currency is weaker and sneaks in before you because everything gets downconverted to dollars.

I thought I noticed many times. that with prices being equal, newer are at the top...

Just started Thomas Was Alone. The commentary is awesome!

The commentary is awesome in all senses, it is good, works perfectly with the game and a voice actor is great.

Wok

I thought I noticed many times. that with prices being equal, newer are at the top...

Probably people listing in rubles.
It seems to basically go rubles, real, dollars, euros/pounds

No, it is last listed at the cheapest price first in the list. With exchange rates, you could even find cheaper items further in the list, because they stay at the same spot even though they become cheaper.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Freezard

Nobody needs Painkiller complete or not, you can take my word for that ;)

OH GOD I NEED IT. Oh and I almost forgot about this double from the 2-pack.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Don't Starve -- MB-1A78D3E004213699 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Don't Starve was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1388958533z1.png

Arthea

Hello good people, how are you this fine day?

I'm hoping it's Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders and Product Placement , a title I enjoy purely for it's name.

hi!
Oh this game, I somehow managed to forget it's Hamlet (><)
Thanks

Whenever I hear the guy I can't help but think about Shane from AssCreed2, and then I want to punch someone in the face.

good that I still haven't played AssCreed 2 then!
just punch someone, if someone is not me though

kulapik

Is there any way to download the game without this Origin shat? Like download a torrent and put it on the Origin folder or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom