• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

That's why I'm still a bit hesitant on playing it right now, even though I recently got a PS3. Waiting for Rising paid off, eh?

Assuredly Konami will want to do a next-gen port of the Legacy Collection. And with their new found love for copious amount of money, we will probably see a PC version as well.

This is assuming Sony doesn't have some kind of exclusivity with MGS4. I honestly have no prior knowledge of the history of that game.

Assuredly Konami will want to do a next-gen port of the Legacy Collection. And with their new found love for copious amount of money, we will probably see a PC version as well.

This is assuming Sony doesn't have some kind of exclusivity with MGS4. I honestly have no prior knowledge of the history of that game.

I will cry tears of joy if MGS3 comes to PC, even more so with whole collection

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Since i've upgraded my PC seven months ago and became almost exclusive to PC, i've scored over one hundred steam games...
Haven't even paid a dollar a piece.

PC gaming is so darn cheap. Still suprises me everytime.

So cheap I have spent £thousands on it over the last few years.

So cheap you spend more...damnit Gabe you clever bastard.

Anyway, next week is MGR for me, so it's a game I actually intend on playing through, if I can stop playing Warframe that is.

derFeef

Good game, good PC port!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Remember Me -- MB-2DA74ACFB3FC5636 - Taken by Ikuu. 148 entrants total.

t1388959297z1.png

Random gripe: my retail cool of Titan Quest and expansion won't register on Steam.

Last time I tried, neither did Crysis.

Gimme that game count!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Good game, good PC port!
Great Scott that's an awesome giveaway! Entered :D

Are there any other Marvel Puzzle Questers on SteamGAF? I find myself going back to it almost daily. Collecting covers is fun.
Art is a bit lazy, though.

For anyone interested (and this task should not be taken lightly) here is a link to the installation instructions, configuration files, and script files needed to make Enhanced Steam work in the client.

https://github.com/jshackles/ES-Standalone

I'll try to answer any questions as best I can, but please keep in mind this should be considered like pre-Alpha.

Man this thread moves fast. I'll check this out as soon as I get a chance! Unfortunately school is starting up again tomorrow so my free time is about to plummet.

Edit: Looks like the repo moved: https://github.com/jshackles/Enhanced_Steam_Standalone

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Ok so I never played the Bioshock games beyond trying out the first one years ago.

At the last sale I bought the last of the three games so now I am going to play them from start to finish.

Problem right out of the gate.

Bioshock 1 is a buggy crashing mess!!

Through multitudes of Google searches I have gotten it to run for a while but now it is back to instant crashing again.

Running on Windows 7 64-bit.

Tried...

- Adding -dx9 to the start parameters : Worked for a while, no longer works for some reason (stopped working after I got to the "Smugglers Hideout" in game.

- Running the game in compatibility mode : Gets the game running when I am in Vista mode, but no sound. Other modes just crash.

Is there some grand universal fix I am not aware of? This is annoying!

Hakkuei

No.
Cause now you don't get to experience it again for the first time. :p

MGR:R was my GOTY for 2013. And now it can be my GOTY for 2014. :D
But I'm going to experience it for the first time in its best form so, yeah!
GOTY 2014 you say? Did you forget to praise the sun today or something?

It's true that the situation is different with MGS4, but after the 360 getting MGS3 and PW it sure doesn't sound improbable.

But I'm going to experience it for the first time in its best form so, yeah!
GOTY 2014 you say? Did you forget to praise the sun today or something?

It's true that the situation is different with MGS4, but after the 360 getting MGS3 and PW it sure doesn't sound improbable.

Hahaha... Jury is out on Dark Souls 2 until I actually play it. But whatever comes along will have to unseat MGR:R and it will NOT be easy to do so, as it is my favorite action game pretty much ever.

As for MGS4, it was probably not ported to x360 due to size limitations. I could see them porting it to PC (steam), since games are routinely huge and getting larger and digital downloads and HDDs are required on PC.
They could even take their work on a PC port and repackage it for PS4/Xbone and make even MORE money. It's MGS HD Collection, but with MGS4 now too!

wilflare

hmm seems like my NeoGeo Pad can only be used for limited games...
most do not support Dinput :/

and that xbox360ce (controller emulator) must be installed for every game?!

hmm seems like my NeoGeo Pad can only be used for limited games...
most do not support Dinput :/

and that xbox360ce (controller emulator) must be installed for every game?!

Pretty much. Unless someone made a service like the SCP thing for DS3/DS4 that will recognize your NeoGeo Pad, thus mapping the NG pad to a x360 xinput controller system wide.

The_Monk

Played a bit more of GRID2 couple of hours ago and while it looks great I can't help but wonder if they had more environmental weather. Sand & dirt, heavy rain, snow, etc. I remember when I played Need for Speed The Run on the console back in the day and while the game was very short and not well received by many, there was one particular race that was amazing. Basically you had to race in the snow, near a mountain, during an avalanche. That was crazy fun, actually.

Also, thanks derFeef for the kind giveaway. ;)

Ok so I never played the Bioshock games beyond trying out the first one years ago.

At the last sale I bought the last of the three games so now I am going to play them from start to finish.

Through multitudes of Google searches I have gotten it to run for a while but now it is back to instant crashing again.

Tried...

- Adding -dx9 to the start parameters : Worked for a while, no longer works for some reason (stopped working after I got to the "Smugglers Hideout" in game.

- Running the game in compatibility mode : Gets the game running when I am in Vista mode, but no sound. Other modes just crash.

I didn't find any solutions. Just be sure to save A LOT. My game crashed like twice an hour, usually when some explosion sound effect started.

Otherwise lovely game though.

Alien8

Tried...

This happened to me as well, and after googleing a lot I could solve it in a pretty weird way... just inserting some cheap earphones in the earphone connector of my PC. It seems dumb but it worked.

Just got to 3 stars in C,S,D and i'm going to start with 97 buzz. This day could be intense.

Wait?! How did Rogue Legacy win if it tied with Bioshock Infinite in score???
Rogue Legacy was declared winner by 'average point score' which was higher than Bishock's - even though it had more votes.

If the person who had their vote disqualified had actually filled it correctly, would it have changed the winner?
Yes.

This is great....Thanks random guy who didn't read.

Awesome work MrOrange. Love the nerd data

Random gripe: my retail cool of Titan Quest and expansion won't register on Steam.

Last time I tried, neither did Crysis.

Gimme that game count!

I just did this today. You can't redeem the codes directly. You have to have a chat with someone from Origin's customer services who'll do it for you.

Edit: Wait did you mean trying to redeem it on steam? That'll never happen, sorry.

GUYS. The Crusader Kings II Collection is $20 at Green Man Gaming and I told myself I'd buy it at that price. The problem is I have a 50% off coupon on Steam as well as $6.25 in my wallet (which I was saving for CKII). What do I do? Buy it or wait for a Steam sale? The coupon expires Feb 1st.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hey guys Ive been using my Ps3 contoller to play on steam but is there an easy way to get it working wirelessly?

Tenrius

I don't understand. A friend of mine just finished the game yesterday and he never talked about any problems with a key server or anything.

When you first run a game that requires an external CD key (GFWL, Rockstar games with Social Club, etc), the game contacts the key server and requests one. If they are out of keys (which is likely the case here), they have to get more from the publisher and that takes time for whatever reason. It happened to Fable III recently (shortly before the game was pulled from Steam altogether).

Deques

GUYS. The Crusader Kings II Collection is $20 at Green Man Gaming and I told myself I'd buy it at that price. The problem is I have a 50% off coupon on Steam as well as $6.25 in my wallet (which I was saving for CKII). What do I do? Buy it or wait for a Steam sale? The coupon expires Feb 1st.

you would be kicking yourself if you dont buy the collection

Tenrius

Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0+HS works?

It probably does, but keep in mind that pariting it with the DS3 via MotionInJoy renders it useless for anything else (which means you won't be able to connect anything else to it). It was a bit of a bummer for me, because I have a Bluetooth mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom