• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zzoram said:
What if you only bought Steam games through Steam? Can't they check transaction history to see all the games were bought by a credit card with the same name, and send proof that you are that person?
Simple, forward a confirmation email that you received after a purchase.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Everyday Genius: SquareLogic Now on Steam
October 21, 2009, 10:23 am - Valve - Product Release
The next generation of puzzle games is here. Everday Genius: SquareLogic combines simple arithmetic with colorful cages and logical problem solving in this new puzzle game that makes sure you never have to guess-and you don't have to be a math wiz!

Also, compete against your friends or the rest of the world for the top spot on the leaderboards. Plus, unlock all 24 Steam Achievements.

Joseph Merrick said:
AI War is just up. awesome game

Seconded. One of my top ten games this year. At least try out the demo-this is the kind of direction that I hope more hardcore indie strategy games go towards.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
randomwab said:
These weekend deals are killing me. God damn it.

Same here, it's taking every ounce of strength I have to say no. I have no time to get in a game of this depth right now :( Steam release me of this curse!! Allow me to say no!!

grif1020 said:
Same here, it's taking every ounce of strength I have to say no. I have no time to get in a game of this depth right now :( Steam release me of this curse!! Allow me to say no!!

It will be 15 in about 6 months when everyone has time for the game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
YuriLowell said:
It will be 15 in about 6 months when everyone has time for the game.

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. I thank you and my wallet does as well. (The reason I don't have time is school and not other games.)

Killing Floor free weekend is starting. 3.0 days left in the gift bar!

Currently update servers are overwhelmed. oh boy.

edit: I don't know how Steam is going to deal with scale as more people get in on this. Hopefully they will throw some bittorrent in there for good measure with some incentives for people to upload. There has to be a reason why they invited Bram Cohen a while back to help with the file distribution development.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
SAW Available Now!
October 22, 2009, 1:19 pm - Valve - Product Release
SAW from Konami is now available on Steam in North America. The game centers on Detective David Tapp who awakens in a decrepit, abandoned asylum. He has been captured by his longtime nemesis, Jigsaw. Obsessed with catching this serial killer, Tapp's mission has consumed him and ruined his family, resulting in divorce, mental imbalance, and abandonment.

Tim-E

Modern Warfare 2 (lol) is now up for pre-purchasing for the 2 PC people here that still plan on buying it for a low, low price of $59.99!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Tim-E said:
Modern Warfare 2 (lol) is now up for pre-purchasing for the 2 PC people here that still plan on buying it for a low, low price of $59.99!

Har.. Har.. Har.. Nevar..

Tim-E said:
Of course no mention of matchmaking and lack of dedicated servers.

Mrbob

Is there info about a pre load for Dragon Age on Steam? Even though I missed out on the 10 dollar savings I still might do the digital deluxe on steam if there is a preorder. Don't mind throwing Bioware a little extra cash as it sounds like the game has turned out to be the real deal.

Tim-E said:

Will be interesting to see where this goes on the steam top 10 in sales. $59.99 with no preorder bonus is pretty pathetic though.

I still contend getting the game for one of the consoles on amazon. If you have one other game you want its a free 20 dollars towards it, and on top of this you can easily sell it for 40+ after the campaign is done.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Mrbob said:
Is there info about a pre load for Dragon Age on Steam? Even though I missed out on the 10 dollar savings I still might do the digital deluxe on steam if there is a preorder. Don't mind throwing Bioware a little extra cash as it sounds like the game has turned out to be the real deal.

Will be interesting to see where this goes on the steam top 10 in sales. $59.99 with no preorder bonus is pretty pathetic though.

I still contend getting the game for one of the consoles on amazon. If you have one other game you want its a free 20 dollars towards it, and on top of this you can easily sell it for 40+ after the campaign is done.

Unfortunately, I'm sure it will take the Number 1 slot fairly quickly. There are just a ton of people who do not know about the changes and in spite of how proud Infinity Wards claims to be about IW.NET they are sure doing as best they can to keep it under wraps.

I hope it doesn't sell well, but I know it probably will even at $59.99

legend166

Activision still doing the regional pricing in Australia.

Buy Modern Warfare 2 for the low price of $89.99 US!

Remember, the Australian dollar is actually nearly at parity with the US dollar now, so it's just a price rise because they can.

Acidote said:
ARMA II is more than 50% off in the Spanish steam zone, from 29,99€ to 9,99€. Is it worth it?

Sounds like about 15 american dollars, so I'd say definitely yes if that's your sort of game. Play the demo, and if you even remotely enjoy it, pounce on that.

Fragamemnon said:
Seconded. One of my top ten games this year. At least try out the demo-this is the kind of direction that I hope more hardcore indie strategy games go towards.

How is it solo? I don't know anyone at the moment who's into the game, and all I've heard has praised the co-op.

Slavik81

Tim-E said:
This made me check out the Top Sellers list just to be sure it wasn't on there.
Fortunately, it was not...

Although Borderlands is apparently outselling Left4Dead 2, which is surprising. Did preorders start later for it? Or do you think it's because its out so much sooner than L4D2?

Twig

Banned
Slavik81 said:

Although Borderlands is apparently outselling Left4Dead 2, which is surprising. Did preorders start later for it? Or do you think it's because its out so much sooner than L4D2?
Too many boycotters.

Honestly I'd be happy playing the first game for a while longer - not because I care the L4D2 is coming out TOO SOON but because I AM still playing the first game - buuuuuut I bought L4D2 anyway. It's possible that many people still feel the same.

Or perhaps not enough people want a sequel (even ignoring stupid boycotts), whereas Borderlands is New Shit.

Tim-E

Slavik81 said:

L4D2 was outselling it up until a day or two before the console version released, so I guess the good reviews and positive console hype pushed it to the top for the moment. When L4D gets closer to release, I expect it to take the top spot back.

Assrape isn't news. The news here is that MW2 is using steam cloud! This will be very nice when i buy the game on 50% off weekend deal for the single-player.

I know this is never ever going to happen

TheOneGuy said:
Too many boycotters.

Honestly I'd be happy playing the first game for a while longer - not because I care the L4D2 is coming out TOO SOON but because I AM still playing the first game - buuuuuut I bought L4D2 anyway. It's possible that many people still feel the same.

Or perhaps not enough people want a sequel (even ignoring stupid boycotts), whereas Borderlands is New Shit.

But... the people still boycotting L4D2 are doing it because it's ironic, aren't they?..... aren't they?

Twig

Banned
Tim-E said:
L4D2 was outselling it up until a day or two before the console version released, so I guess the good reviews and positive console hype pushed it to the top for the moment. When L4D gets closer to release, I expect it to take the top spot back.
Also there's that yeah.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Slavik81 said:

To be fair, I don't think the top sellers list is updated in real time or even on a daily for that matter.

Slavik81

TheOneGuy said:
Too many boycotters.
Among everyone I personally know, the boycotting dissolved when the price was discovered.

The Canadian dollar was quite weak when Left4Dead 1 pre-orders began, so $45USD was roughly $60CAD.
Since the dollar's strong and there's a 4-pack, Left4Dead 2 was ~$35 CAD when I bought it. Nearly halving the price convinced everyone.

So take heart that the Canadian boycotters might have been appeased.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
LovingSteam said:
Top seller list isn't updated until the following morning. Tomorrow I guarantee it will be #1.

I have no doubt of that. When a new game gets released it almost always gets a bump to #1 for a little while. Pre-orders have been going for Borderlands, Left 4 Dead 2, Dragon Age and Torchlight for a while now so they probably won't see any more spikes. I can only hope that Modern Warfare 2 doesn't stay at the top, but I will probably be disappointed.

Zefah said:
I have no doubt of that. When a new game gets released it almost always gets a bump to #1 for a little while. Pre-orders have been going for Borderlands, Left 4 Dead 2, Dragon Age and Torchlight for a while now so they probably won't see any more spikes. I can only hope that Modern Warfare 2 doesn't stay at the top, but I will probably be disappointed.

It sucks that it is on the front of Steam so I am forced to look at it! I freaking want this game and hate that IW has screwed up so royally that I still want it but won't buy it.

graywolf323

Tim-E said:

unless they gave me a $20 credit like Amazon/Wal-Mart I will not buy that game until it's at least 50% off

fuck you Activision/IW

graywolf323 said:
unless they gave me a $20 credit like Amazon/Wal-Mart I will not buy that game until it's at least 50% off

fuck you Activision/IW

I have to agree with this. Though, only because I will be getting the console version (360). So double-dipping will have to wait (whereas I may have gotten both day 1). I guess I am part of the problem.

*Had to proof-read this hard because I might have had a few too many. Hopefully it came out alright.

Javaman

Tim-E said:

On the plus side COD 1 and 2 and the expansion are only $20 each. :lol :lol :lol

So Modern Warfare 2

is $60 USD/costs 10-extra-of-whatever-currency-your-country-uses

has no pre-order discount

has no dedicated servers

yay Activison

Snapshot King said:
That game will never be 50% off.
World at War was... but COD4 never was.

In fact this weekend's Impulse sale for $30 is the cheapest it has ever been online.

Lothars

Metal Gear?! said:
So Modern Warfare 2

is $60 USD/costs 10-extra-of-whatever-currency-your-country-uses

has no pre-order discount

has no dedicated servers

yay Activison

World at War was... but COD4 never was.

In fact this weekend's Impulse sale for $30 is the cheapest it has ever been online.

I was gonna say that, the impulse sale for COD4 surprised me because I never expected to see it on sale for anything like than full price.

Edit: I also picked up painkiller games in the preorder mainly because when you preordered the newest one you get the previous games free and I enjoyed painkiller when I played it but I couldnt' resist to get all of them for 26.99.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Tim-E said:

so is everyone getting this on console instead? I don't wanna screw up again, I bought L4d on xbox :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom