• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah Red Faction runs pretty well, has some weird "bugs" though (or at least they seem like bugs to me).

-No auto login to live. Always have to click to go online. Not a huge deal, but the four other GFW Live games go on automatically.
-119hz. Again probably doesn't matter, but why can't I set to 120?

Sort of getting the hang of it too. Like the regular bad guy transport it says it auto aims at enemies when you're driving, but it doesn't do that at all for me so I have to get out and take care of business myself and the cursor sensitivity and movement feels really weird in that view.

Fredescu

AstroLad said:
Yeah Red Faction runs pretty well, has some weird "bugs" though (or at least they seem like bugs to me).

-No auto login to live. Always have to click to go online. Not a huge deal, but the four other GFW Live games go on automatically.
-119hz. Again probably doesn't matter, but why can't I set to 120?
True, both things happen to me too. Or at least I get 59hz instead of 60.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Onoes, it's GFWL? I shudder.

Haven't booted it up yet, just so much awesome stuff to play, but perhaps I can wait for that patch as an excuse.

legend166

I played through Fallout 3 to completion, and only figured out it was GFWL at the end when I went to have a look at the DLC. I could have got all those achievements, but no.

Fredescu

legend166 said:
I played through Fallout 3 to completion, and only figured out it was GFWL at the end when I went to have a look at the DLC. I could have got all those achievements, but no.
Hah, I did the exact same thing.

I'm gathering people who want to get in on a 4 player purchase of Borderlands from Steam. If we order before release, it will cost you $33.75 (plus tax I think). PM if you want in. We are looking for 2 more people.

legend166 said:

Jeff on the Bombcast was saying that you can just pull down the console and use commands to give yourself all the achivements, so take heart! :lol

All is not lost.

Edit: Check your PM's, Speculawyer.

Edit Edit: nvm :(

Blizzard

Banned
Blast Processing said:
Jeff on the Bombcast was saying that you can just pull down the console and use commands to give yourself all the achivements, so take heart! :lol

All is not lost.

Edit: Check your PM's, Speculawyer.

Edit Edit: nvm :(
Blast Processing, just post in the Borderlands co-op thread (and maybe the main thread as well) and start your own 4-person group. Actually, try PMing Sebulon3k first, and tell him I sent you. If that doesn't work out, I got 3 people within a matter of hours, so it shouldn't be hard. :)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Almak said:
Never thought I could have as much fun playing an adventure game as I do playing Machinarium.

This game is excellent. Best PC point and click thats come around in a long time.

zoku88

HK-47 said:
This game is excellent. Best PC point and click thats come around in a long time.
Interesting, can you tell me more?

Actually, maybe I'll just check if there is a demo

EDIT: Oh, there is. dling.

EDIT2: Oh, I already dled and forgot about it XD

Rufus

zoku88 said:
Interesting, can you tell me more?

Actually, maybe I'll just check if there is a demo

EDIT: Oh, there is. dling.

EDIT2: Oh, I already dled and forgot about it XD
Play it, now.

EDIT: Are you playing yet?

EDIT2: I hope you are.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I really need to support the makers through buying Machinarium, but I'm dead broke right now. I'll be picking it up in a couple weeks though, surely.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I may be wrong but I think I heard that (despite RF1 running flawlessly) RF@ has all kinds of software bugs on modern OSs and might not be playable without major tweaking.

benjipwns

Banned
Back when they added it to GameTap I played some of Red Faction 2 and it ran just fine. Although I got bored of its impressive genericness and quit on the third or fourth level.

I'm on Vista.

GameTap may have edited it to work however, they do that.

Dementia

I've never played the original Half-Life, so I was thinking of buying it asap while that 55.8% off weekend deal is still in effect. My only question is, should I buy the original Half-Life, or Half-Life Source? They're both the same price, so would the slightly improved graphics of source be worth it or does the original play better?

Dementia said:
I've never played the original Half-Life, so I was thinking of buying it asap while that 55.8% off weekend deal is still in effect. My only question is, should I buy the original Half-Life, or Half-Life Source? They're both the same price, so would the slightly improved graphics of source be worth it or does the original play better?

Neither, get the anthology with Blue Shift and OF instead.

epmode

Dementia said:
Most of the changes in HL:S are really jarring. I'd go with the original. And play the actual remake (Black Mesa) when it's released thirty years from now.

Dementia

Hasphat6462 said:
Yes you can. But I think Steam charges an extra dollar with a debit card purchase though.
Nope. I've always used a debit card to buy stuff from Steam and have never been charged an extra dollar.

Kosma

Banned
Ok question here: Can my nephew from the States gift me games on Steam?

I mean this way I could let him buy any game I want for cheap on the cheap US Steam, and then just gift it to me while I paypal him the money.

Kosma said:

I mean this way I could let him buy any game I want for cheap on the cheap US Steam, and then just gift it to me while I paypal him the money.
Yes, but quite a few games are cheaper on the UK Steam store.

careksims

Kosma said:

You can. I gifted a couple games to my friend in England a couple times. :)

Dementia

Hasphat6462 said:
Was it through PayPal or did you put in your card like a credit card?
It's a Bank of America debit card that i entered just like any other credit card.

Anyway, I've been playing Half-Life 1 for a lot of the night. It's my first time play it, and so far it is a blast. I'm up to 'On a Rail' though I'm sort of lost on what to do next. I've been wandering around the tunnels on the cart and on foot for probably an hour and I can't figure out how to change the track switches. I'm probably missing something really simple, but I assume I'll stumble upon whatever it is I need to eventually though. Overall the puzzles (or level objectives...) seem a lot more complicated, and certainly less obvious, than in HL2. I remember in the Blast Pit level I got the power back online, and then wandered around trying all sorts of ridiculous shit for at least an hour before I realized that the metal grate covering the ladder leading to the fuel/oxygen chamber could be broken with the crowbar. So I powered up the fan and to my annoyance it seemed to do absolutely nothing. I threw grenades on top of the fan, thinking i just needed to get rid of the boards obstructing the top of the chamber, but it still seemed to accomplish nothing, and in my frustration I tried to commit suicide by jumping onto the giant fan only to find myself floating up towards a vent entrance I was looking for.:lol

The graphics look surprisingly decent for ~10 year old game, but I think the crummy res textures is the source of a lot of the difficulty. It's hard to tell what is interactive or not.

Playing through HL1 is making me really anticipate the remake Black Mesa Source, which, by the way, does anyone know if there has been any news on since that trailer was released last fall? Last I heard it was supposed to be released by the end of 09, but that was a while ago and the year is almost over.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Hinomura said:
"Offer available in North, Central, and South America only."
Or to people who have US based friends with Paypal accounts.

Mwhahaaha, bought.

Volcynika

I'm at work and I can still buy things from Steam. GODDAMN YOU VALVE

I knew you could do this a long time ago, just never had the reason to!

I enjoyed the bit I played, will play sometime.

Twig

Banned
Volcynika said:
Another Steam MIDWEEK MADNESS!!1!1!!

Assassin's Creed for 75% off ($4.99)
SO WHAT IS THIS A REGULAR THING NOW

TWO SALES A WEEK PLUS RANDOM SALES POSSIBLE

I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THIS SALING IT'S A WORD I JUST MADE IT UP

Blizzard

Banned
Aww hell naw, it's getting to the level of "Random fairly high profile game for $5? I might as well, right? I probably won't lose my Steam games due to some autoglitch in the system, so I'll just spend $5 more...and $10 more..."

I may convince myself not to get Assassin's Creed though. I still haven't even finished Mirror's Edge. :lol I actually tried to play the last few real levels after messing with it and modding and so forth, and got stuck in a giant room with at least two waves of cops. And I'm not even to the fabled server room yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom