• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, steam is a mind-reader in the past few weeks all the games i've considered buying have all got their prices cut.

I have the opposite problem. All these deals lately are things I either already have or have no interest in.

Runus

Bought Overlord pack. How can I not buy 2 games and an expansion for 8 bucks. Sigh....damn you steam and your deals.

b.e.r.g

wmat said:
You can copy and crack Steam games out of the Steam folder, maybe that has something to do with it. I'm not sure though..
You can copy and crack everything, especially retail cds, but install limits are a no-buy for so many. Basically the retail has 0 DRM while the Steam version has 2 DRMs... that's just stupid.

graywolf323

b.e.r.g said:
You can copy and crack everything, especially retail cds, but install limits are a no-buy for so many. Basically the retail has 0 DRM while the Steam version has 2 DRMs... that's just stupid.

what are you talking about? the retail Crysis games still have the SecuROM attached

Mrbob

The complete pack (which includes overlord 2) is cheaper than overlord 2, crazy. :lol

I did get everything in the package in case someone is wondering.

hahaha, this is great, i had just asked a few pages back if crysis has ever been discounted. I might have to jump at this now. Is it worth it to get the maximum pack or just buy one or the other?

Late last month: "I'll skip buying anything beyond DA:O until Black Friday."

Yesterday: "Well crap, I loved Battlestations Midway so I'll grab Pacific, but that's it."

Earlier today: "Demigod for $15? I've been dragging my feet for too long and this price is too good, but no more until until Black Friday."

Mrbob said:
There is a crazy overlord deal going on right now on Steam.

I just bought the overlord complete pack for 8.75!

Includes Overlord, Overlord expansion, and Overlord 2.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/12710/

Argh!

Zzoram

Steam sales have made me impulse buy so many games that I don't have time to play, and probably never will. Yet somehow, extending the length of my Steam Games list still feels good.

tjohn86

Zzoram said:
Steam sales have made me impulse buy so many games that I don't have time to play, and probably never will. Yet somehow, extending the length of my Steam Games list still feels good.

Feels so good... why does it feel so good!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
So there have been 4 Steam deals this week, right? I honestly fear the holiday sale.

Zzoram said:
*looks at long list of games*

Feels good man.

Firebrand

Zzoram said:

Pretty much. I was still trying to rationalize buying Mass Effect as I don't know when the hell I'm gonna be able to play through that, and now this... Thought at first I'd get only the first Overlord, but seeing how the expansion+sequel is only €3.50 more... and full price of just the sequel is an insane €50... sigh.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Crysis Warhead, Overload complete, Demigod on Impulse

By all that is good and right in this World, the temptation is so strong! I should buy them all! But my will must be stronger. Curse you, damnable digital download sales!

Sloegr

gregor7777 said:
Activation limits are pretty much the one kind of DRM that will guarantee I won't purchase the game.

Yep, same for me. Other DRM will keep me away until the price is heavily reduced, but activation limits are a dealbreaker.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Overlord pack = so bought. I was scared when I saw the games didn't appear in my game list though, quick restart solved that.

Will have to buy Crysis (separated of course) and Overlord pack.

The Witcher, CoD4, Mass Effect

And I still want to buy Torchlight

Fuck Steam

Why is the Crysis Complete Pack 15 bucks more then buying both games separately?

I got a new job today, so I can indulge myself:D

Mrbob

Easy_D said:
Overlord pack = so bought. I was scared when I saw the games didn't appear in my game list though, quick restart solved that.

I had the same thing happen to me. Bought and weren't in my list. Restart worked as well.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Mrbob said:
I had the same thing happen to me. Bought and weren't in my list. Restart worked as well.
Me too. I would have got all panicky if it wasn't for looking here first.

I was thinking of buying Overlord 2 at some point, so this price for all three is irresistible.

Damn you Steam, I was vowing not to buy any more games this year literally 30 minutes before this deal went up you bastards!

Red Scarlet

I was kind of hoping they'd do L4D1 for free this weekend to try to get some more sales for 2 (and to play with a couple folks that don't have 1).

They just recently had a 15 dollar sale. The lowest they might go is five bucks which is absolutely fantastic.

On another topic...

I just recently got a group invite on Steam. I haven't had my account for very long. How do group invites work? What benefits do they have?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
evlcookie said:
What's up with the crysis pack price? I get to pay an extra $15 for the maximum pack because ... it's maximum?

6h6qhi.jpg
It's probably a bug on the system. Pay close attention and you'll see it's a 15 USD discount on each title, and a 15 USD discount on the pack itself (as opposed to being a 30 USD discount).

I'm betting on it being just a bug.

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah the activation limit on Crysis is bullshit, but I'd still say the game is more than worth it...$30 for the double pack is a good deal. Definitely one of the best shooters on PC (despite the awful story).

Twig

Banned
goddamnit overlord goddamnit

I bought Cleark Sky not knowing about the activation limits (but did they remove the limits? I thought I read something about it).

I wonder if it's anything more than sheer laziness that SecuROM is not removed from Crysis on Steam.

Firebrand

JosM88 said:
I just recently got a group invite on Steam. I haven't had my account for very long. How do group invites work? What benefits do they have?

Mostly stuff for the community tab in the Steam client. Webpage, announcements, schedules, combined stats, group chat etc. Left4Dead also uses them to search for "Friend" games, which is nice.

Firebrand said:
Mostly stuff for the community tab in the Steam client. Webpage, announcements, schedules, combined stats, group chat etc. Left4Dead also uses them to search for "Friend" games, which is nice.

It seems like a pretty useful feature. I'll just hold on the invite for now.

thanks

Psy-Phi

NOW steam gets the overlord expansion. I bought it on D2D like 6 months ago because it came with the expansion and couldn't find it in stores at all. Of course I still bought it again, Steam is easier to download from than D2D (faster too), and it came with Overlord 2.

And Crysis...been waitin for you at that price, step right in. I'll bend over nice and easy for you and Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom