• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.e.r.g

€2,49 for Frontlines? Damn thats cheap, can't even get a cheeseburger for that! Game don't appeal all that much to me though =/

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm kinda tempted, £3.74 is fuckall, i spent a fiver on lunch yesterday, but i got other shit to play/concentrate on..

sk3tch

PTCoakley said:
Anyone getting Frontlines? 75% off this weekend. I figure for $7.50 it's not gonna hurt to try it, but I remember it being pretty bland when I played it at release. Wonder if there's even a community for it...

my question as well...how's the community? it was fun on 360 in the demo i played...has to be even better on pc as long as there are folks playing...

Star Wars Galaxies™: The Complete Online Adventures Now Available and 50% Off until November 26th

November 19, 2009, 10:38 am - Valve - Product Release

Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures is the most complete Star Wars Galaxies experience ever, and now includes An Empire Divided™, Jump to Lightspeed™, Rage of the Wookiees™, and Trials of Obi-Wan™, plus the all new Star Wars Galaxies™ Trading Card Game: Champions of the Force!

Tempted to buy it to see how bad it gotten and to see if any of my friends still play from 2004. lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ninja Blade Now Available!
November 19, 2009, 12:46 pm - Valve - Product Release
Ninja Blade, an exciting action packed title from Noviy Disk is now available on Steam for 10% off for the first week!

Shard said:
Ninja Blade Now Available!
November 19, 2009, 12:46 pm - Valve - Product Release
Ninja Blade, an exciting action packed title from Noviy Disk is now available on Steam for 10% off for the first week!
Had no idea this was coming to steam / PC

Relix said:
Was Frontlines any good?
Shawn Elliot seemed to like it way back when. Supposedly a pretty competent BF clone.

I doubt there's much of a community present nowadays, though there are bots... and I guess this sale will ensure that at least someone else will be playing it.

I'm almost tempted at that price.

Just for you folks in the states, you can have someone in Europe gift you Frontlines for $3.70 instead of paying $8.00. Sure its only $4.30 difference but it may be enough to push you over the edge.

LovingSteam said:
Just for you folks in the states, you can have someone in Europe gift you Frontlines for $3.70 instead of paying $8.00. Sure its only $4.30 difference but it may be enough to push you over the edge.

FUCK! Too late now. Someone should have said so earlier.

I got Ninja Blade off of Gamersgate last week. Maybe it will be different in the Steam version but the game completely broke for me when running at 60fps :lol Really bizarre, my character would start warping randomly causing me to fall off of edges. Luckily it has an option to lock the framerate to 30 which fixed it for me.

Blood Bowl Dark Elves Edition Pre-Purchase Now!

November 19, 2009, 1:20 pm - Valve - Product Release

This video game adaptation of Games Workshop's famous board game combines a fine balance of tactics and bonecrunching action! Blood Bowl Dark Elves Edition offers 2 radically different game modes, 9 different races, and much more. Pre-purchase Blood Bowl Dark Elves Edition and save 10% until November 26th!

Just appeared on the Steam news feed.

Has anyone played this game yet? I always was mildly interested in it because it kinda reminded me of a fantasy version of Mutant League Football.

Relix said:
Can anyone recommend me some games available in Steam in the vein of Dragon Age and Baldurs?
Not much to choose from really (from what I can see)...

I guess the Freedom Force games are kind of similar when it comes to combat and such (tactical, real-time, party-based, experience points, talents and all that) but you won't find world exploration (since it's mission based) or deep conversation trees in those.

The Witcher is good if you want the RPG parts without having a full party.

Then there's KotOR of course.

Fallout 2 (and 1)... sort of.

That's all I can find.

DeaconKnowledge said:
So how come I haven't heard any noise about Shattered Horizon?
I played it when it came out, but that's about it. It's a cool game and all, though I will probably never get really into it just because of how straight-forward it is.

Kosma said:
How much is Ninja Blade?

Not like I dont have Steam on or anything...

26,99? DAMN THATS CHEAP FOR A NEW GAME
it's a pretty cheap port. all the keyboard commands are just typed out in a cheap font next to the 360 controller graphics on all the qte stuff, even if you use a 360 controller. hehe. I had the same issue with it I've had with recent IOI games (mini ninjas, k&l) where there is constant stuttering throughout if my usb keyboard/mouse are plugged in. so I have to unplug those and plug in a 360 controller to play. but except for this annoyance it's a-ok

Mimir

Danne-Danger said:
Fallout 2 (and 1)... sort of.
Do not get the Fallout games on Steam; they're extremely overpriced. Grab Fallout 1 from GoG, and if you enjoy it, pick up Fallout 2 from them as well. You'll save a decent amount of money.

kswiston

Mimir said:
Do not get the Fallout games on Steam; they're extremely overpriced. Grab Fallout 1 from GoG, and if you enjoy it, pick up Fallout 2 from them as well. You'll save a decent amount of money.

I got the Fallout games from GoG in a B1G1 promotion. Fallout 1 and 2 for $3 each. Can't go wrong with that.

I'm actually glad that the Steam deal is something I can pass up this week. The last three weeks have been brutal. I picked up LFD2 (split with friends on 4-pack deal), Crysis, Overlord pack, Hearts of Iron 3, Team Fortress 2 (yay for $2.50 double dips!), The Witcher, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on Steam. I also bought Dragon Age: Origins and Demigod from Impulse, and Vampire: The Masquerade from D2D. Almost bought Crayon Physics from D2D, but decided to wait for a Steam Deal (hopefully it will be at least 50% off during the Holiday sale).

I need to cut myself off of buying DD games for the next month...

Zzoram

Mimir said:

Or wait and see what the Boxing Week sales will be like. Every game is required to be on sale during that time. It ranges from 10%-95% off depending on the game.

So I bought Frontlines...

There are currently 56 players online spread over 2 servers. Could be bad timing but... yeah. At least you can get into a game if you want.

The good news is that the game has a single player campaign where the missions play out like a scenario in ET/QW, meaning that you complete an objective (demolition, capture the point etc.), the map opens up more and you can progress to the next task. I only tried one mission so far but it's pretty fun to shoot stuff. :p

Well worth the euro price if you want a short distraction.

Frontlines is not good at all.

It runs badly for the graphics it gives you.

There's no voice in multiplayer.

The single player is a glorified tutorial. It's a pretty good glorified tutorial, but still.

You can't even finish the single player because it will crash when trying to start the last few levels.

Javaman

Metal Gear?! said:
Frontlines is not good at all.

It runs badly for the graphics it gives you.

There's no voice in multiplayer.

The single player is a glorified tutorial. It's a pretty good glorified tutorial, but still.

You can't even finish the single player because it will crash when trying to start the last few levels.

Meh. I'm only on the first level so far and it's been well worth the $7.50. The weapons pack a punch and there's so much destructable things around. The intro was pretty sweet as well.

mrgone

Shit! The AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaaAAAAaAAAAA sale is done already, just as I decide I want it :(. I guess tuesday to thursday doesn't mean all of thursday

Relix said:
Can anyone recommend me some games available in Steam in the vein of Dragon Age and Baldurs?

Not on steam, but Planescape: Torment and the Icewind Dale series utilize the engine that Baldur's gate series uses (If I recall correctly-- Its been a while). Planescape airs on the side of very dialogue heavy, whereas the Icewind Dale series is a bit more action oriented.

JdFoX187

Banned
Javaman said:
Meh. I'm only on the first level so far and it's been well worth the $7.50. The weapons pack a punch and there's so much destructable things around. The intro was pretty sweet as well.
Yeah, the games is really fun. I don't know how the PC version is since I only played it on the 360, but it was my go-to FPS for quite a while.

Danne-Danger said:
Shawn Elliot seemed to like it way back when. Supposedly a pretty competent BF clone.

I doubt there's much of a community present nowadays, though there are bots... and I guess this sale will ensure that at least someone else will be playing it.

I'm almost tempted at that price.
Bought it for a tenner when there were still people around playing it and in hindsight I regret it. Bland, uninspired, generic etc. Campaign was really bad too.

edit:
Oh bought it already and happy too - not everyone is equal I guess :D .

Zzoram

It seems that Steam now finally keeps track of total hours played, not just hours in the past 2 weeks. Oddly enough, it didn't start tracking the moment it was updated to display this information. It says I've played 77 hours of Plants vs Zombies but for it to have counted that, it must've started counting months ago. Most of my games list 0 hours though so it probably doesn't track back to the beginning of the year.

It's kinda annoying that they haven't removed the L4D2 demo from games owned and stats pages yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom