• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Volcynika said:
Yeah, their Facebook fan page posted the trailer for it and some PC people commented on it and were complaining, and then some other people told them to be quiet and quit whining :lol
I'm sure those PC gamers have a sense of entitlement, right? :lol

Volcynika said:
Yeah, their Facebook fan page posted the trailer for it and some PC people commented on it and were complaining, and then some other people told them to be quiet and quit whining :lol

Time to add Gearbox to the list of PC Devs who abondon the pc.

Volcynika

Just to be clear, the people that told PC people to quit whining were just other people on Facebook, not Gearbox people. But yeah, it's annoying to get slighted like this. Still broken online = :(

Zzoram

Volcynika said:
Just to be clear, the people that told PC people to quit whining were just other people on Facebook, not Gearbox people. But yeah, it's annoying to get slighted like this. Still broken online = :(

Gearbox may have done a better console port than some games, but it wasn't a great port. Things like no mouse scroll for quest logs may seem small but they look sloppy when you consider how easy and obvious it would be to add.

MoFuzz

Zzoram said:
Gearbox may have done a better console port than some games, but it wasn't a great port. Things like no mouse scroll for quest logs may seem small but they look sloppy when you consider how easy and obvious it would be to add.

Pfft, the game is not balanced for mouse wheel scroll, get off your damn high horse. Why don't you just man up and use a gamepad and scroll down using the right thumbstick like the rest of us on consoles.

On a serious note, considering how the game looks, it should run a little better performance wise. Too many dips below 60 fps for my taste.

I guess Gearbox aren't exactly posterboys for optimization because as far back as Halo through all the Brothers in Arms titles, they all ran quite poorly considering the tech being used.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Sinatar said:
Plants vs. Zombies midweek sale for 50% off: $5.
I was waiting for the Christmas Sale, but it can't get better than this. I can't believe i Actively bought a PopCap game.... :lol

At least the price is good on this one.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
gregor7777 said:
What? :lol

Peggle is awesome. Popcap knows their shit.

Sure, Peggle is awesome. But i have a hatred from the earlier days of popcap, where crappy games (like, Alchemy or smth) were up to 25 usd.

They are much much better nowdays, when it comes to pricing.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Steam is so evil that it's having at least two sales a week: Mid-Week one and another one on the Weekends.

We're all going to go out of business that way.

TheExodu5

Banned
* Username: TheExodu5
* Steam_ID: STEAM_0:0:548473
* Profile ID: 76561197961362674
* Custom URL: ex
* Steam member since: September 24, 2003
* Last calculation: November 24, 2009

Account value: $2324.11

$2558.73 without packages

Argggh. Up to 137 games (though I guess a few are mods?). edit: 128 not counting mods/demos/SDKs.

tjohn86

TheExodu5 said:
* Username: TheExodu5
* Steam_ID: STEAM_0:0:548473
* Profile ID: 76561197961362674
* Custom URL: ex
* Steam member since: September 24, 2003
* Last calculation: November 24, 2009

Account value: $2324.11

$2558.73 without packages

Argggh. Up to 137 games (though I guess a few are mods?). edit: 128 not counting mods/demos/SDKs.

How did you do that?

TheExodu5

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Everytime I use that I get nauseous. 536 games all bought :(

If this helps (it won't :lol), how many of those games have you played for more than 5 minutes? How many have you even installed?

Steam is evil, I tell you.

D4Danger said:
This account is private

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Mine does that even though my account is not set to private. To see them, I have to remove the nice URL feature and use my steam ID.

TheExodu5 said:
If this helps (it won't :lol), how many of those games have you played for more than 5 minutes? How many have you even installed?

Steam is evil, I tell you.

LOL if I actually answered that it would make me feel even worse than how much money I have spent on the games lol. I agree, Steam is as evil as the need for a big E-Peen. lol.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
It's set to public but still doesn't work. I did what gregor7777 said and put in my steam id.

Steam member since: November 26, 2004
Account value: $313.91
$493.73 without packages

not that much to be honest. I normally just buy the weekend deals and Valve games.

Javaman

Curse you Steam!

171 Games.
Account value: $1554.89
$2056.14 without packages
Steam member since: September 15, 2003

Some of these are inaccurate though. I think I paid $10 for Far Cry 2 and only $20 for the Witcher. It's not counting weekend deals, only combo deals.

TheExodu5

Banned
gregor7777 said:
Mine does that even though my account is not set to private. To see them, I have to remove the nice URL feature and use my steam ID.

Any way to finding out your SteamId without booting up a Source game?

edit:nvm you answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom