• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh oh

I shouldn´t have tried the demo.... PvZ is really, really addictive. It was one of the fastest hours I had in the recent times.

I had to buy it.

Mrbob

Man that THQ pack is killer. Shame I own half those games or I would be all over it.

Or if I could gift the games I own I would hop on.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Well...That THQ pack...

Titan Quest, All Three Red Factions, Dawn of War 1 and II, Stalker, and Company of Heroes. With more

So damn tempting

Only reason I want that THQ pack is because for £25 I get 3 GFWL titles :lol yeah I like my Live achievements, but damn it is a sweet pack, enough to keep me game happy for a good half a year there.

Mrbob said:
Man that THQ pack is killer. Shame I own half those games or I would be all over it.

I think if you own it and buy a pack you get a spare copy, might be worth reading up on it.

Twig

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK YOU STEAM HOLIDAY SALE FAR CRY 2 TEN BUCKS WHAT THE GODDAMN SHIT

YES IT'S THE SAME POST I MADE IN THE HOLIDAY SALE THREAD GODDAMNIT I'M FURIOUS

AND BY FURIOUS I OF COURSE MEAN poor

drkOne

Far Cry 2, Osmos and GRID for 20€, just couldn't resist.
Now seeing Batman and DA:O being 40€ if I can get anyone from the US to gift them... I HATE YOU VALVE.

So... looking for an US member who might be willing to help and accepts Paypal as payment method :p

Diablohead said:
Only reason I want that THQ pack is because for £25 I get 3 GFWL titles :lol yeah I like my Live achievements, but damn it is a sweet pack, enough to keep me game happy for a good half a year there.

I think if you own it and buy a pack you get a spare copy, might be worth reading up on it.
No extra copies are given.

Any US-member interested in gifting Batman and Far Cry 2 in change for a Shattered Horizon-guest pass?

Shoot me a PM!

EDIT: It has been figured out.

Zzoram

Dipswitch said:
Does Farcry 2 run well on ATI 4870 based cards? Very tempted to get it, but looking for an excuse not to.....

I have a 4870 512mb and Far Cry 2 runs excellently on it. DX10 mode actually has a better framerate than DX9 mode in this game.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man i am so broke right now, any kind soul would be willing to gift me Plants VS zombies, no? okay... *goes back to crying in the corner*

Diablohead said:
You realise the SH guest passes are only for a few weeks at most right?

Oh, sorry! Of course I meant the guest pass would figure as a thank you to the gifter, not as a payment. Or did you mean the guest pass wouldn't be sufficient as a thank you?

It has already been figured out though.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fuck this year. I've bought so fucking many games, and it looks like Steam will make me double that number before New Year's Eve.

I need a lock on my wallet.

Javaman

Mrbob said:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It's too bad they don't prorate previous purchases. There's quite a few packs I've passed on due to the double dipping required.

nyong

Banned
I got incredibly lucky. Sent an email to Steam support asking if I could get a refund for Dragon-Age so that I could pick up the deluxe version. Yesterday. Today I get the refund, and the deluxe for less than I initially paid.

graywolf323

Mrbob said:

same boat here as well

except I think I own about 3/4th of the games

LovingSteam said:
Hey man, do me a favor and sign into Steam and accept my friend request.

I've always wondered, who are you on Steam?

Seems like the Valve Complete Package has been updated to include Left4Dead 2 now.

Counter-Strike
Released Nov 1, 200088$9.99

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Released Mar 1, 200465$9.99

Counter-Strike: Source
Released Nov 1, 200488$19.99

Day of Defeat
Released May 1, 200379$4.99

Day of Defeat: Source
Released Sep 26, 200580$9.99

Deathmatch Classic
Released Jun 1, 2001$4.99

Half-Life
Released Nov 19, 199896$9.99

Half-Life 2
Released Nov 16, 200496$19.99

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Released Nov 1, 2004$4.99

Half-Life 2: Episode One
Released Jun 1, 200687$9.99

Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Released Oct 10, 200790$14.99

Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Released Oct 27, 2005N/A

Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Released May 1, 2006N/A

Half-Life: Blue Shift
Released Jun 1, 200171$4.99

Half-Life: Opposing Force
Released Nov 1, 1999$4.99

Half-Life: Source
Released Jun 1, 2004N/A

Left 4 Dead
Released Nov 17, 200889$29.99

Left 4 Dead 2
Released Nov 17, 200989$49.99

Portal
Released Oct 10, 200790$19.99

Ricochet
Released Nov 1, 2000$4.99

Team Fortress 2
Released Oct 10, 200792$19.99

Team Fortress Classic
Released Apr 1, 1999$4.99

Individual price
$259.81

Package price
$99.99

Cost to you
$99.99

You save
$159.82

drkOne

drkOne said:
Batman and DA:O being 40€ if I can get anyone from the US to gift them...
So... looking for an US member who might be willing to help and accepts Paypal as payment method :p
Any kind soul? I'll add a bit something for your trouble, since it's saving me around 25€ by getting it on the US Store.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
drkOne said:
Any kind soul? I'll add a bit something for your trouble, since it's saving me around 25€ by getting it on the US Store.

Maybe LovingSteam can help you since he is so awesome otherwise i know a dude in another forum that helps people like you, PM for details, oh wait since the game isn't region restricted i can also gift you the game if you want.

beje

Banned
I'm having a little problem. Looks like the FFXI mega collection cannot be purchased in Europe (no price for it nor buy button). It's supposed to be $20 so I'd be grateful if anybody from the states could buy it for me. I can paypal the money in advance.

Nevermind: I think USA version is designed not to work on Europe and vice versa, and I refuse to pay 40€ (three times as much) for an Euro version.

Seagoon

Ended up buying Plants vs. Zombies and Batman.

I shudder to think what cruel and unusual punishment Valve will be pulling from their sack of horrors in the following days.

I feel like I should be in rehab for this shit. :lol

sohois

LovingSteam said:
Orgun, good boy!

Do you like, work for Valve or something? I have seen you talk about some friend or other connected to Steam who can leak info to you, but your enthusiasm seems otherwise unwarranted. Though, on the other hand, your actions are still far less rambunctious than the average console fanboy, so perhaps you are just a 'Steam' fanboy?

RJT

sohois said:
Do you like, work for Valve or something? I have seen you talk about some friend or other connected to Steam who can leak info to you, but your enthusiasm seems otherwise unwarranted. Though, on the other hand, your actions are still far less rambunctious than the average console fanboy, so perhaps you are just a 'Steam' fanboy?
PC fanboys are a lot more evolved than their console bothers...

senahorse

sohois said:

To be fair, it's hard not to be with the sales they put on.

Oreoleo

x3n05 said:
To be fair, it's hard not to be with the sales they put on.

That part is like an abusive relationship. We just keep opening our wallets, letting Steam suck our monies dry while telling everyone else, "He means well! Honest!" :D

sohois said:
Don't work for Valve but prefer Steam for my PC gaming. I am addicted to thei sales like many others. If that makes me a Steam fanboy then so be it.

sohois

LovingSteam said:
Don't work for Valve but prefer Steam for my PC gaming. I am addicted to thei sales like many others. If that makes me a Steam fanboy then so be it.

I find myself equally addicted; do not concern yourself with my comments, they were half meant in jest, and the other half was just simple curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom