• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
fallengorn said:
Paula Deen posts on GAF!
GHK0508WEpaula003-lg.jpg

Kosma

Banned
Zeno Clash would have been more fun with pad support, never really got into it, but I have to admit it was kind of fun.

Blizzard

Banned
Just wanted to give my own first experience with Steam support. I changed my password to something really tough...and then forgot it myself. :lol And apparently I either didn't set a password question, or else Steam automatically changed it to "what did we last reset your password to", and I guess I didn't even realize I had reset my password before. If I had, I seemed to have deleted the email, maybe due to security concerns, even though I still had Steam emails back from 2007 or something.

So, I made a support account, put in the support ticket via the website at like 1 in the morning last night, and they handled it as of an hour or two ago. Yay! :)

And for the record, you can do it with credit card/email receipt purchase information, along with any game keys you might have...you don't actually need photographs of stuff. I had also saved a couple of keys from games like Trackmania that require the CD key from Steam, so that was nice to have in my support request.

Spwn

Is Broken Sword 3 worth it? I loved the first and liked the second, but haven't checked the later parts of the franchise.

randomwab

Spwn said:
Is Broken Sword 3 worth it? I loved the first and liked the second, but haven't checked the later parts of the franchise.

The third is fantastic. The only one I'd say to stay clear of is the fourth, which isn't bad but it's just not as great as the first three.

Polk

Spwn said:
Not if you aren't fan of Sokoban ;)
Oh, and I'm in credits (I was in the contest Revolution made to chose their cover art).

mandiller

randomwab said:
The third is fantastic. The only one I'd say to stay clear of is the fourth, which isn't bad but it's just not as great as the first three.

I thought the third game was the worst one and actually like the fourth one more. Of course the first two are the only ones that really matter.

Personally I loved the first 3 games. The fourth seemed pretty good but for whatever reason I could never bring myself to finish it.

For the price either of the two that are on there now are definetly worth it!

Aaah broken sword 2, one of the first games I was able to play on my own, first computer long ago. It was a friends copy and he lent me it as I had no pc games at the time. Damn that was a long time ago.

BS2 wasn't really that great at least compared to the first one. There were some enjoyable moments but I felt it wasn't very memorable. I also hated the ending.

Tony on the Revolution forums has said the Broken Sword 1 Directors Cut will be going up at some point too. While I'm not too keen on some of the changes made it'll definetly be worth a pick up. Heck I'll probably get it myself despite already owning the game 3 times already!

It's definetly one of my favourite games of all time though so I do feel the need to support it a bit more than most.

scarybore

NIN90 said:
Wut Broken Sword 2 has a metacritic of 69?
What a load of bullshit.

Yeah, its better than that. It's a shame that the other games aren't available on Steam as of yet. Odder still is that in the UK, the package for both games is 1p more expensive than buying the games separately.

Tony on the Revolution forums has said the Broken Sword 1 Directors Cut will be going up at some point too. While I'm not too keen on some of the changes made it'll definetly be worth a pick up. Heck I'll probably get it myself despite already owning the game 3 times already!

That's good news, I enjoyed playing it on the DS but you really miss the voice acting if you have played the game before.

Coop

randomlyrossy said:

It's definetly one of my favourite games of all time though so I do feel the need to support it a bit more than most.

Nice to hear that it's coming to the PC. What changes did they make to the game besides adding Nico and changing some of the dialogue.

Firebrand

Volcynika said:
I have the game for PS3, but I haven't even played it.

D:

Same, got it a few months ago for the PC (very cheap, but still twice of this sale price) and haven't played it. Tempted to buy it just to have it on my Steam list, but I'll try to hold onto my wallet for the holiday sale. :lol

Dynoro

TRU was a very enjoyable game (played on 360) and well worth it at 75% off. I wasn't too impressed with legends or anniversary but underworld seemed to bring the series up to date. Could've done with a little more exploration though

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I liked Underworld better than Legend in my opinion, but Anniversary is still my fav of the "next-gen" Tomb Raiders... funny because it's a remake of the first. Anyways, I would highly recommend TRU at 7.49$ and it looks and runs gorgeously.

Man, combine this deal with the early holiday sale and the Overlord 2 deal, I am pretty good for now. There were about 12 games I was looking for during the Xmas sale but 8 of those are knocked off the list lol. Love Valve!

I fairly new to the Steam game, the week of black friday deals got to me in a big way :/. I heard TF2 was $2.50 on Halloween, any chance of it dropping down again soon or should I bite the bullet at $20.00?

Captain Blood said:
I fairly new to the Steam game, the week of black friday deals sucked me in :/. I heard TF2 was $2.50 on Halloween, any chance of it dropping down again soon or should I bite the bullet at $20.00?

Christmas. is your next bet if they have one. I want a christmas hat!!

Volcynika

Captain Blood said:
I fairly new to the Steam game, the week of black friday deals got to me in a big way :/. I heard TF2 was $2.50 on Halloween, any chance of it dropping down again soon or should I bite the bullet at $20.00?

Wait till the Holiday Sale. Should have a price cut of some sort then.

Captain Blood said:
I fairly new to the Steam game, the week of black friday deals got to me in a big way :/. I heard TF2 was $2.50 on Halloween, any chance of it dropping down again soon or should I bite the bullet at $19.99?
The Steam Holiday sales are approaching, so you should wait until then.

Tim-E

Captain Blood said:
I fairly new to the Steam game, the week of black friday deals got to me in a big way :/. I heard TF2 was $2.50 on Halloween, any chance of it dropping down again soon or should I bite the bullet at $19.99?

It goes on sale relatively often, but it is worth every single penny at $20.

Boonoo

Captain Blood said:

It will probably drop down during the post Christmas sale. But if you don't have many Valve games you might want to jump on the complete pack. 100 bucks for all of their stuff, including L4D2. If you don't want to jump on that then the Orange box is always a great buy at 30.
TF2 is great, and well worth 20 bucks, but for just a bit more you can get a lot more game, so I would really hesitate to buy it alone at the normal price.

Macmanus

DigitalSoul said:
I'm grabbing TRU, I've wanting to for a while. This deal caught be off guard though.

Likewise. I really enjoyed the last one (Legend?) and was interested in this one but no price ever caught my attention. If I ever get around to playing it though, that is the real question.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Captain Blood said:
If you are fairly new to steam then you probably don't have HL2, so you should probably hold out for an orange box deal. It has been as low as $10, so a $20 deal for the entire OB isn't out of the question at some point over Christmas.

poppabk said:
If you are fairly new to steam then you probably don't have HL2, so you should probably hold out for an orange box deal. It has been as low as $10, so a $20 deal for the entire OB isn't out of the question at some point over Christmas.

I do have the Orange Box on 360 if that counts for anything. I was mostly thinking about picking up TF2 because I hear the community is leaps and bounds better on PC.

rezuth

Captain Blood said:
I do have the Orange Box on 360 if that counts for anything. I was mostly thinking about picking up TF2 because I hear the community is leaps and bounds better on PC.
Triple the content, awesome community and better running. How can you go wrong? :)

G-Fex

I don't know what I'm supposed to do on Stalker. Am I supposed to play it like Fallout? Then again I didn't play that much fallout either. I die too much on this game.

Captain Blood said:

Nope! :lol

Go ahead and buy the Valve complete pack, it'll be the best $100 you've ever spent and keep you going all through 2010 (and beyond) if you need it to.

brain_stew said:
Nope! :lol

Go ahead and buy the Valve complete pack, it'll be the best $100 you've ever spent and keep you going all through 2010 (and beyond) if you need it to.

Or you can wait for the Xmas sale when the complete pack is surely to be 25% off like its been the last two years.

Twig

Banned
G-Fex said:
I don't know what I'm supposed to do on Stalker. Am I supposed to play it like Fallout? Then again I didn't play that much fallout either. I die too much on this game.
Just do the main missions. And do the side missions if you want to. It is very similar to Fallout in that you're just kind of dumped into this world with one core goal and you have to work your way to it, but it also steers you to that goal more efficiently than Fallout did, I think.

As for dying a lot... I don't know what difficulty you're playing at, but eventually you get better guns and you stop dying so much.

Zachack said:
How is the PC port of Underworld? Buggy, solid? Controls ok?

Excellent, never noticed any bugs and performance is great. Used a 360 controller and it worked perfectly.

In other news, looks like Steam's got a new compeitor. Microsoft, are finally going to be selling PC titles through their GFW Live marketplace. It'll be restricted to GFW Live titles, and launching with RE5, Red Faction and a few others as well as special GFW Live versions of World of Goo and Osmos. You can use either points or a credit card, which is kind of nice as you can often stock up on cheap Live points, so it could mean some decent savings if pricing is decent. Press release here:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-US/community/newsarticles/pages/gamesondemandcomingsoon.aspx

NIN90

I wonder when I'll finally start the Tomb Raider Anniversary that I got in that weekend deal. :lol
So, no sale from me on Underworld.

brain_stew said:
In other news, looks like Steam's got a new compeitor. Microsoft, are finally going to be selling PC titles through their GFW Live marketplace. It'll be restricted to GFW Live titles, and launching with RE5, Red Faction and a few others as well as special GFW Live versions of World of Goo and Osmos. You can use either points or a credit card, which is kind of nice as you can often stock up on cheap Live points, so it could mean some decent savings if pricing is decent. Press release here:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-US/community/newsarticles/pages/gamesondemandcomingsoon.aspx

Wait, is MS starting to use GFWL in a meaningful way? Can't be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom