• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I think this the worst weekend deal i have seen, from what i have read the game was pretty much a mess from day one, still that's one low price if you were mildy interested in the game.

Tisan said:
I am tempted, anyone know if the single player is worth playing start to end?

Gexecuter said:
I think this the worst weekend deal i have seen, from what i have read the game was pretty much a mess from day one, still that's one low price if you were mildy interested in the game.
Yes at launch there were places in the UK selling it for 17.99, not often do you see a £35-40 game drop that low day 1 :lol

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Son of a bitch.

Go on to try to buy the Indie pack earlier today, and the servers are down. Then I get back later tonight and the deal is over.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Monroeski said:
Son of a bitch.

Go on to try to buy the Indie pack earlier today, and the servers are down. Then I get back later tonight and the deal is over.
Yeah, I missed it too. That deal ended pretty quickly. I'm a sad panda.

RedSwirl

I've been looking for a sort of "in-between" tactical shooter - something more open-ended than GRAW but not as brutal as the old Rainbow Six games. For $7.50 is OpFlash 2 it?

Might give the demo another whirl, but I couldn't determine much from it last time. Don't really care about multiplayer.

Slavik81

vocab said:
I'm passing on this deal. I own the original OFP, and it blows ass.
Man, CGW really did a poor job choosing GotY's. I don't think I've come across one that I've enjoyed. And now you're saying Operation Flashpoint sucked too?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but...

IMACOMPUTA

Slavik81 said:
Man, CGW really did a poor job choosing GotY's. I don't think I've come across one that I've enjoyed. And now you're saying Operation Flashpoint sucked too?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but...

What is CGW?

IMACOMPUTA said:
What is CGW?
Computer Gaming World?

I think I'll pick up OFP: Dragon Rising.

And probably never play it. I think I just like rewarding low priced DD at times.

Edit: Damn the fucking new client crashing when trying to do paypal.

vocab said:
The original was a buggy piece of crap. I gave up on it. This has a metacritic of 76, so I figure it is at least worth a shot. Hopefully not as buggy.

Will Steam patch that game for me?

Edit:
The 2nd PC Patch and DLC pack (Overwatch) for Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising has now been released.

A full fixlist for the patch in a readme file included with the patch download.

PLEASE NOTE - This version of the patch is only for use with the retail boxed version of the game. Digitally downloaded versions of the game should be updated soon.

The second patch also includes new Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising downloadable content - the 'Overwatch' pack. This DLC pack delivers two game-changing multiplayer modes as well as new Fire Team Engagement (FTE) missions.
I guess Steam will handle it. Cool.

Danneee

Sweet! Almost bought it when it went down to €28 last week but at €7 this is a no brainer. Absolutely love the demo and it performs lovely on my laptop.

IMACOMPUTA

speculawyer said:
Computer Gaming World?

I think I'll pick up OFP: Dragon Rising.

And probably never play it. I think I just like rewarding low priced DD at times.

Edit: Damn the fucking new client crashing when trying to do paypal.

oops.. knew i recognized it.
*hands in PC gamer card*

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
vocab said:
It's always nice when people point out when their opinions are invalid, thanks for that.

While OP Fap: Dragon Rising is obviously no ArmA 2 (Which is pure, buggy, awesomeness, playing with friends is brilliant), it should be worth £6.

I'll buy it at lunch-time and give it a bash this weekend.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
xyla said:
No Dragon Rising Weekend deal for germany? weird...

Try searching for the game. On the AU Steam storefront, the special isn't mentioned at all, but it does show up via search with the discount applied.

deleted

JaseC said:
Try searching for the game. On the AU Steam storefront, the special isn't mentioned at all, but it does show up via search with the discount applied.

Thanks, it is discounted. It is strange though, it´s not even listed under specials...

What good Tower Defense games can you guys recommend? Besides Defense Grid and Plants vs Zombies.

Is Harvest: Massive Encounter any godo?

Minsc

Gold Member
ChackanKun said:
What good Tower Defense games can you guys recommend? Besides Defense Grid and Plants vs Zombies.

Is Harvest: Massive Encounter any godo?

Warcraft 3 has a couple hundred, probably not a bad idea, and you get Warcraft 3 as well... it was what started the TD genre too.

They just added 4 levels to Defense Grid btw, and will be putting out a DLC for it sometime in the future.

panda21

LocoMrPollock said:
Heard it was a turd sandwich.

then you heard wrong.

you insult OFP: DR singleplayer you don't just insult OFP: DR singleplayer, you insult me, you insult my entire family.

this is a steam offer that you can't refuse.

The original OFP was a game with awesome community support and with the mission editor nearly endless replayability. The new OFP is not by the same people (who went on to make the ARMA games). No thanks.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
gregor7777 said:
On that topic, how is ArmA 2 holding up these days? What's the final verdict?
ArmA 2 is the pinnacle of all milsim shooters. It plays very well, provided your system is above minspec, at least approaching recspec. SP isn't worth much, treat it as an extended tutorial. Making your own levels is as awesome as it was in OG OFP. MP operations with a team that does the whole coordination thing and shit — unmatched.

Tenks

Is Operation Flashpoint any good? I guess for $7.50 I can't go too wrong. I do like a good single player FPS and I'm almost done with Warhead.

Cru Jones

Minsc said:
Warcraft 3 has a couple hundred, probably not a bad idea, and you get Warcraft 3 as well... it was what started the TD genre too.

They just added 4 levels to Defense Grid btw, and will be putting out a DLC for it sometime in the future.

I'm fairly certain that the first TD maps were in Starcraft, not Warcraft.

Minsc

Gold Member
Cru Jones said:
I'm fairly certain that the first TD maps were in Starcraft, not Warcraft.

You're right, along with AoE II it seems, thanks. I never tried any Starcraft ones, but Warcraft 3 is much more famous for them.

Tenks

WAR3 had a much more robust editor to allow for customization for solid TD games. SC1's TD wasn't anything to write home about. UMS in general wasn't all that popular online for SC1. All about the BGH, baby.

Stitch

Gold Member
This weekend only: 50% off! Two Tribes celebrates last week's addition of the REWIND feature with a 'this weekend only' discount of 50% off. During the weekend Toki Tori will be available for 2.23 EUR, 2.45 USD and 1.62 GBP. The weekend deal starts today (March 5th) at 0:00 CET and lasts until Monday March 8th 09:00 CET.

Roofy

Stitch said:
This weekend only: 50% off! Two Tribes celebrates last week's addition of the REWIND feature with a 'this weekend only' discount of 50% off. During the weekend Toki Tori will be available for 2.23 EUR, 2.45 USD and 1.62 GBP. The weekend deal starts today (March 5th) at 0:00 CET and lasts until Monday March 8th 09:00 CET.

thank you!

bought

Danneee

Dipswitch said:
Does OFP-DR run decently on mid range machines? Got a 2.7GHZ Quad Core and a HD4870 1GB in my rig......

It runs really well on my laptop, 2Ghz i3 processor and ATI 5650 GPU. I think you'll do just fine :)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Stitch said:
Does anyone know if this game works well windowed?

Stitch said:

Bought. I'm surprised it isn't showing in the sales section.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
DennisK4 said:
[Arma II] has no equals. It stands alone at the top. GOTY 2009.

I don't get the very binary split in quality people of this game. I played it for a couple of hours and it seemed like a buggy, broken, bland mess.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Stitch said:
I didn't enjoy any of the indie games in the weekday madness pack, but THIS is a good one. Buy it folks!

Dipswitch

Danneee said:
It runs really well on my laptop, 2Ghz i3 processor and ATI 5650 GPU. I think you'll do just fine :)

Cheers :) My backlog will likely grow again tonight. Damn you Steam and your utterly delectable sales!

Stitch

Gold Member
Lyphen said:
I didn't enjoy any of the indie games in the weekday madness pack

It's impossible to not enjoy Altitude! Impossible do you hear me!? IMPOSSIBLE!!! :mad:
god i love that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom