• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spwn

Stitch said:
This weekend only: 50% off! Two Tribes celebrates last week's addition of the REWIND feature with a 'this weekend only' discount of 50% off. During the weekend Toki Tori will be available for 2.23 EUR, 2.45 USD and 1.62 GBP. The weekend deal starts today (March 5th) at 0:00 CET and lasts until Monday March 8th 09:00 CET.

Great! I promised myself I'll buy Toki Tori immediately when it's on sale.

Dennis

Banned
kinoki said:
I don't get the very binary split in quality people of this game. I played it for a couple of hours and it seemed like a buggy, broken, bland mess.
Well, it is much better now after all the patching, but it obviously plays very different than other, more CoD like, shooters.

ARMA 2 is just not a game that will ever appeal to everybody.....to say the least.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
kinoki said:
I don't get the very binary split in quality people of this game. I played it for a couple of hours and it seemed like a buggy, broken, bland mess.
Well, it has its faults, and to be honest, most of the enjoyment comes from your own involvement in the game. If you can't get into it, you'll probably find the idea of ArmA 2 being super-awesome ridiculous. Just like it is with CS:S — some people hate hate hate it, find it bland, boring, repetitive, cheat-infested etc, but as soon as you're becoming somewhat invested into it, it rams its claws into you and doesn't let go. Similar things could be said about Mount&Blade, Civilization, Sim City and a lot of other games, although to different degrees, obviously.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit Toki tori at $2.50?! now that's what i call a good weekend deal, there's no excuse at this price, do you hear me everyone? get Toki Tori.

EDIT: Also space rangers 1 and space rangers 2: reboot and now available on steam, is weird that Space rangers 2 isn't listed because i though you needed to have it in order to play the reboot expansion.

Roofy

every week i hope in vain for dead space to go back on sale.

i feel like an utter idiot for not picking it up during the holiday sale

Roofy said:
every week i hope in vain for dead space to go back on sale.

i feel like an utter idiot for not picking it up during the holiday sale

Same here. I own it for the PS3 but I badly want my PC version. I'd buy it now, but I can wait on another sale.

Sloegr

Spotless Mind said:
Just saw the Toki Tori deal. BUY IT PEOPLE!!

Absolutely. These guys know how to handle an Indie game. This sale in addition to the bonus levels and rewind feature that they've added should be enough to hook anybody who likes puzzle games.

I'd love it if other console downloadable titles get this treatment.

sol_bad

Can someone please help me out here?

Where can I get a 6 button control PAD for PC to play Street Fighter 4 with?

I have tried using 2 PS2 to USB adapters to use my old SF 15th Anniversary control pad but I'm having no luck.

panda21

sol_bad said:

I have tried using 2 PS2 to USB adapters to use my old SF 15th Anniversary control pad but I'm having no luck.

i think maybe the madcatz sf4 pads work on the PC?

you can also use the ps3 controller if you plug it in via usb, although that possibly needs some software to map it and make it work

So in the past few day I've grabbed Flashpoint, Toki, and Bob for ~12 dollars. Insane.

Also, not Steam but Total Annihilation is now available on Impulse.

Volcynika

News I don't think was posted yet:

Just Cause 2 Pre-Purchase Now
MARCH 5, 2010, 3:11 PM - VALVE - GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Pre-purchase Just Cause 2 on Steam and receive 10% off until it is released!

Dive into an adrenaline-fuelled free-roaming adventure. As agent Rico Rodriguez, your orders are to find and kill your friend and mentor who has disappeared on the island paradise of Panau.

R.U.S.E Public Beta Coming March 9, Pre-Load Now
MARCH 5, 2010, 3:08 PM - VALVE - GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

The free R.U.S.E. Public Beta will be available on Steam on March 9th! Pre-load now and be ready to play the moment the beta is available.

Also, be sure to join the official RUSE Steam Community group for the latest details and information about the beta and the upcoming game release.

(I know we knew this was coming to Steam but preload available)

hamchan

Stitch said:
This weekend only: 50% off! Two Tribes celebrates last week's addition of the REWIND feature with a 'this weekend only' discount of 50% off. During the weekend Toki Tori will be available for 2.23 EUR, 2.45 USD and 1.62 GBP. The weekend deal starts today (March 5th) at 0:00 CET and lasts until Monday March 8th 09:00 CET.
Can't say no to that price.

What are all the major DD services anyway?

Steam
GOG
Impulse
GamersGate
Direc2Drive

Am I missing any that have decent sales?

Edit: Speaking of which, Flock! is on sale for $3.95 at D2D, ends today, I think.

Struct09

LocoMrPollock said:
What are all the major DD services anyway?

Steam
GOG
Impulse
GamersGate
Direc2Drive

Am I missing any that have decent sales?

Edit: Speaking of which, Flock! is on sale for $3.95 at D2D, ends today, I think.

*puts on flame suit*

Games for Windows Live

Batman was $12.50 for a few days, SFIV is $20 right now

52club

Man getting those four new maps for Defense Grid reminded me just how great of deal that game was for $5. I just about feel guilty about the amount of gaming I've gotten out of that game for the price I paid. I hope to see some for pay DLC in the near future to reduce my guilt:D .

Sysgen

52club said:
Man getting those four new maps for Defense Grid reminded me just how great of deal that game was for $5. I just about feel guilty about the amount of gaming I've gotten out of that game for the price I paid. I hope to see some for pay DLC in the near future to reduce my guilt:D .

Funny you say this because that's how I felt about Killing Floor which I've played for nearly 150 hours. I paid $5 for the game through Steam and felt so guilty about it that I bought both skin packs.

sol_bad said:

Buying a Saturn USB pad off Ebay is the only correct option.

Also, I know its not Steam, but most of you probably missed it and its unavailable on Steam, but Condemned Criminal Origins is available for $3.73/£2.50 at Gamer's Gate this weekend:

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-COND/condemned-criminal-origins

An excellent atmospheric horror game, one of Monolith's true forgotten gems. I highly recommend you all pick it up at that price.

causan

toki-tori-wiiware-ss1.jpg

gregor7777 said:
Bought on GAF hype alone!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i was browsing the indie section of the steam store and came across this:

33ejvpx.jpg

:lol pretty cool ad it's just too bad it's not on the main page, at least i don't think so, come on steam get on it!

52club said:

I felt the same way about Defense Grid. Everytime it's on sale, I gift it out to a few people to make up for the price I paid ($5).

panda21

Struct09 said:
*puts on flame suit*

Games for Windows Live

Batman was $12.50 for a few days, SFIV is $20 right now

god damnit i already bought like 3 games on steam this weekend and now this..

although if you look at the UK page it says 50% off but doesnt actually give a price :S

edit: its also 50% off on impulse

Xapati

gregor7777 said:
I felt the same way about Defense Grid. Everytime it's on sale, I gift it out to a few people to make up for the price I paid ($5).

Defense Grid recently ninja-updated. It seems they added a few new free levels :D

Baha

Despite having more than enough to buy Toki Tori on Steam ($3.81 usd) paypal keeps cock blocking my purchase with some bullshit about the purchase amount being greater than my current funds (no sales tax or service fee so wtf??).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Baha said:
Despite having more than enough to buy Toki Tori on Steam ($3.81 usd) paypal keeps cock blocking my purchase with some bullshit about the purchase amount being greater than my current funds (no sales tax or service fee so wtf??).
You have to have enough for the regular price to complete a transaction with PayPal, for some reason.

In the last few days I see that they have been playing around with the beta's store front page, moving things about on the right hand side a little. I like how we can see what our friends bought, own, played last and how many overall steam clients are online. They also fixed the in-game text issues I was getting last week.

Twig

Banned
The wish list thing is awesome, but much like the categorizing, it's pretty inconvenient to use if you just want to go through and add a bunch of stuff. ):

kamspy

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
The Operation Flashpoint deal does sound nice, but I don't know...

I know.....it's garbage. Even if it was free it wouldn't be worth your bandwidth. I spent too many hours trying to make that game good. It's too fundamentally broken to even be a little fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom