• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam charged me twice for my purchase of the Four L4D2 pack :|

Already contacted support. Are they usually fast tracking down these problems?

New Steam client has been released.

Steam Blog said:
The 2010 Steam client is now live! The overhaul changes many things about how information is organized on Steam, and makes it easier to do the most important things on the platform, like play games with friends. We wrote up an overview of what's new, so definitely check that out so that you don't miss anything. As we've mentioned, the beta testing went well &emdash; participants suggested valuable changes and reported lots of bugs for us to squash.

We're very interested in your thoughts on the new client, so please stop by the forums to tell us what you think.

P.S. This is the first post in the official Steam Blog. It's hard for us to believe we've never had a blog until now. Anyway, watch this space for thoughts from Steam central. Coming soon: Mac!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3753/

careksims

Hooray! No longer saying Beta! I love the new Steam. Once I started the beta I couldn't go back to the old one. No more slow-ass IE gallery browser!

Rockstar Week Announced!

Steam said:
Be quick! Short and fast sales on your favorite Rockstar Games all week long. Starting the week off, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is 75% off, but only for 2 hours! Offer ends at 3pm Pacific time. Plus, stay tuned all week for more short and fast sales on your favorite Rockstar Games. Join the Rockstar Community Group for instant notifications on every sale this week!

Or you can go ahead and pick up the Rockstar Collection: 13 best-selling Rockstar Games for 50% off all week long.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3752/

LazyLoki

Kerrinck said:
Same here, keep hoping for a fallout or oblivion sale but it never happens. Too bad I missed out on the christmas pricing error.

Oblivion GOTY edition for € 20 and
Oblivion GOTY edition deluxe for € 25 on sale right now. At least here in Germany :D

Kerrinck

LazyLoki said:
Oblivion GOTY edition for € 20 and
Oblivion GOTY edition deluxe for € 25 on sale right now. At least here in Germany :D

Ouh, isn't that the normal price? Here in the US store, the GOTY edition is 20$ and 25$ for the deluxe one.

Twig

Banned
butts said:
They are torturing me by NEVER having a Fallout 3 sale :\
If it actually pains you so much that there hasn't been a sale, then it's obviously worth it to you to buy it at full price.

Jesus.

butts

Twig said:
If it actually pains you so much that there hasn't been a sale, then it's obviously worth it to you to buy it at full price.

Jesus.

It really is, but I know for a fact the day after I buy it there will be a sale for 50% off.

It's happened before.

Spwn

Slo said:
Doubtful that Liberty City Stories will go on sale so soon after release. :(

If it does, it will probably be something like -15% off. If we're not getting something else for midweek madness then my wallet thanks Steam this week. Already have Max Payne -games and San Andreas. Played through Vice City when I was 15 so I guess it has nothing to offer.

Twig

Banned
butts said:
It really is, but I know for a fact the day after I buy it there will be a sale for 50% off.

It's happened before.
But if it's worth the money, then does it really matter? I mean I've been burned by sales in the past, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I was willing to pay at that price, and so I did.

I JUST DON'T GET CATS.

Suairyu

Banned
Bought Vice City. Never played VC or SA, but received GTA3 on PC when it first came out as a Christmas present. Only got around to completing it this year when stuck at my parents' house with their old PC. Moving from IV to 3 was as painful initially, but I ended up having a load of fun regardless. Now I can experience VC as an upgrade instead of a downgrade. Awesome.

Javaman

Dang, that's an amazing price for the package. It's too bad I own most of them already. Come on Steam, let's get some prorating going!

$2.50? That's less than a sandwich at Jimmy Johns. I'd like to see a sandwich entertain me for more than 20 minutes. If only steam could provide me with games and sustenance...

I tried to stay away from the box of cereal meme on this one.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
chixdiggit said:
Just noticed Darksiders is coming to Steam. I was just going to pick it up for console but looks like I'll wait.

I knew it was coming to PC but it will be on steam? Sweeeeeet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom