• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
If anyone's feeling like being super rad today, find some way to grab me (Steam ID's Kritz7) and see if you can gift me the pack. I'll then shoot you back the money via paypal.

EDIT: Non-US peeps can look at the page via this link: http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us.

EDIT2: I'll be working for the next 9-10 hours so if you are feeling super rad today, try to hold it. Or at least send me a PM. Timezones!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
First two PMs to me with an e-mail to send it to get Vice City for free from me.

Edit: taken by Kerrinck and Andvary.

Oh shit, there goes my cereal for the next two weeks, I hope you guys enjoy it while I starve at breakfast.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
2 Hours? Damn. Put San Andreas up there i want that, i have the PC version of VC on disc.

Andvary

Stallion Free said:
First two PMs to me with an e-mail to send it to get Vice City for free from me.

Edit: taken by Kerrinck and Andvary.

Oh shit, there goes my cereal for the next two weeks, I hope you guys enjoy it while I starve at breakfast.

:lol

Thanks Stallion Free!

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
€43 for GTAIV, Episodes from Liberty City, GTA3, SA, VC, Bully, Max Payne 1&2, and Manhunt... with some extra candy on the side. That's hard to match.

Also, you can download GTA1 & 2 for free from Rockstar's website. Atleast you could.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
neoism said:
guys, can I buy L4D2, and play Gerry's mod with it.... Is it considered a steam engine game?

Also does LD42, and Gerry's mod have 360 pad support???

I think you have to load the stuff from L4D2 and L4D1 in order to use it in Gmod. Gmod does not come standard with those models. There are tutorials on how to do it on the interwebs but i'm too lazy to find them.

Thomper

Kosma said:
GTA 1 and 2 are not available in the EU.

That sucks.
They're not for sale anywhere. You get them for free with the purchase of the Rockstar or GTA Pack, but can't buy them seperately. It's always been that way. Probably because you can download GTA 1 and 2 for free on Rockstar's own site, and so it would be kinda silly to sell them on Steam.

http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
xyla said:
Can someone buy Vice City for me? Can´t buy it in germany. I'll paypal you the money.

Hey, sorry I couldn't help you out, I went to go eat dinner and the sale was over when I came back. If they put San Andreas on sale tomorrow, you are my top priority.

Kerrinck

Stallion Free said:
Hey, sorry I couldn't help you out, I went to go eat dinner and the sale was over when I came back. If they put San Andreas on sale tomorrow, you are my top priority.

Will send him the vice city you gifted me, since I got one extra copy from my brother.
Just make sure he thanks you for sacrificing your cereal for our pleasure.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
crimsonheadGCN said:
It's a Steamworks title. Was revealed a few days ago when the system requirements were released.

Wait the system requirements were released? :lol . I guess i totally missed this bit of news.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Affeinvasion said:
If anyone is pissed at the wonkiness of 360 controller in Vice City check out this thread on the Steam Forums...seems to work like a charm so far (if you can take the 5-10 minutes to set it up).

Is there some form of auto-aim once you set up the controller? I have only ever bothered using the mouse in those games and it didn't seem very thumbstick friendly.

vocab

Only reason you need a controller for VC/SA is to fly. The game is actually better with Mouse and Keyboard, but flying is next to impossible with it.

evlcookie said:
Wait the system requirements were released? :lol . I guess i totally missed this bit of news.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20942476&postcount=3616

DieH@rd said:
MINIMUM
Connectivity: Online Steam account
Sound : 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound
DirectX : DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive Space: 12GB
Operating System: Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1, Windows 7
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.4Ghz or better, Intel Pentium 4 530 3.0Ghz Processor or better
RAM: 1GB XP, 2GB Vista / Windows 7
Video Card: NVIDIA (GeForce 8800/GeForce GT220) 256MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon X1900 256MB graphics card or better (must support pixel shader 3)

OPTIMUM
Connectivity: Online Steam account
Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or equivalent onboard sound
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive Space: 12GB
Operating System: Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1, Windows 7
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core 2.60Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Dual Core 2.13Ghz
RAM: 2GB XP, 3GB Vista / Windows 7
Video Card: NVIDIA (GeForce GTS 240) 256MB graphics card or better, ATI Radeon HD3870 256MB graphics card or better (must support pixel shader 3)

Not bad, i haz 4670. It will be more than playable.

Baha

vocab said:
Only reason you need a controller for VC/SA is to fly. The game is actually better with Mouse and Keyboard, but flying is next to impossible with it.

Yup, I had a hell of a time beating those missions on a mouse & kb but I did! Anyways, Vice City is definitely worth it at $2.50, a lot of the fun I had was driving around the city listening to my custom radio music in between missions.

kuYuri

Affeinvasion said:
If anyone is pissed at the wonkiness of 360 controller in Vice City check out this thread on the Steam Forums...seems to work like a charm so far (if you can take the 5-10 minutes to set it up).

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=848465

I may use this. I've actually been playing Vice City recently before the sale and I got to a mission where I have to use an RC Helicopter. It's janky as hell trying to control it with KB/M, so hopefully this will allow me to at least get past this mission with less trouble.

kamspy

Red Scarlet said:
wtf is all this? It's all dumb/annoying now.

First person I've read on GAF who agrees with me.

New Steam is bunk. I want my simplicity back. I see enough of that Flashy crap on the internet as it is. I like my Steam nice and sterile. Free from aero glass and sliding jpgs and autoplay videos.

Minsc

Gold Member
kamspy said:

New Steam is bunk. I want my simplicity back. I see enough of that Flashy crap on the internet as it is. I like my Steam nice and sterile. Free from aero glass and sliding jpgs and autoplay videos.

View > Small Mode?

Edit: pic
Steamsmallmode.jpg

MNC

Red Scarlet said:
I knew exactly where to click for whatever, now it's like some new program I have to learn again. I am not good with computers.
oh god how did you get here i am not good with computer

You are in the minority bulleta, the new design is sleek and sexy!

chixdiggit

Volcynika said:
Since Darksiders is confirmed to have Steamworks

$36.99 preorder at Newegg

They did that with Metro 2033 and they didn't cancel my order, so hope they do the same for those that bite on it.

So this means I can get the disc version, activate it through Steam and never use the disc again just like Just Cause 2??

Twig

Banned
kamspy said:

It never had aero glass and the autoplay videos have been gone for a while now.

Besides, there are options to beat Steam back into an ugly piece of shit, if you should so choose, like Minsc pointed out.

Joe Molotov

Twig said:

Besides, there are options to beat Steam back into an ugly piece of shit, if you should so choose, like Minsc pointed out.

If you poke around on the Steam forums, some people have made skins that look a lot like the old version of Steam.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Minsc said:
View > Small Mode?

Edit: pic
Steamsmallmode.jpg

I want that, except just for the games list. I still want access to the community and the store at a quick click of a button, but I want my games list to take up as little space as possible. That is the only thing I dislike about the update.

epmode

Twig said:
It kinda bugs me that Steam doesn't work with Aero. I was hoping that a new revision would finally figure it out but it looks like they just don't care.

Twig

Banned
epmode said:
It kinda bugs me that Steam doesn't work with Aero. I was hoping that a new revision would finally figure it out but it looks like they just don't care.
I agree. I prefer all my programs to at least have some semblance of cohesiveness, but I guess what with the Mac version coming soon (and apparently now a Linux version), it might be more trouble than it's worth. Orrr they just want Steam to look the same across all platforms, so it's easily identifiable. But then why would they make it easier to skin this time around...

Maybe someone will be able to make a skin that works with Aero? I... doubt it, though. I'm not sure how great this new skin shit is, but I doubt it has THAT much flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom