• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

LQX said:
I have most of those games in the Rockstar Collection. If I buy the collection can I gift the games I already have?

Nope. There are very few exceptions to that rule. Only Half-Life 2 and Episode One (if you own them and buy a Valve bundle with them), and the extra copies in a 4-pack (where you get 1 copy and have 3 extras) are allowed to be gifted by personally buying them.

LQX

Zzoram said:
Nope. There are very few exceptions to that rule. Only Half-Life 2 and Episode One (if you own them and buy a Valve bundle with them), and the extra copies in a 4-pack (where you get 1 copy and have 3 extras) are allowed to be gifted by personally buying them.

Gexecuter said:

Crap. Thanks dudes.

£5 for 3 hours? D2D had it for £1.50 less for all of last week. Meh tastic deal.

I've got to say D2D are really beating Steam in the sales stakes recently and I'm really pleased with the service I'm getting, I own nearly 20 games on the service now and couldn't be happier.

Spwn said:
Don't know if this was already mentioned, but X3: Terran Conflict and X3: Gold are -50%.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2199/
Was that announced somewhere?

brain_stew said:
£5 for 3 hours? D2D had it for £1.50 less for all of last week. Meh tastic deal.

I've got to say D2D are really beating Steam in the sales stakes recently and I'm really pleased with the service I'm getting, I own nearly 20 games on the service now and couldn't be happier.
Traitor.

graywolf323

brain_stew said:

not sure what you're talking about but GTAIV was the same price on D2D last week that it is right now on Steam for 3 hours

Scrum said:
I´m thinking of buying the rockstar collection, but I´m wondering how the older games will work with vista.

Manhunt is confirmed to work with an unofficial patch, I can confirm Vice City works (so all three GTA games should be fine) and I've played both Max Payne games on Vista x64 previously as well (at the most you might have to download a sound fix iirc), so you're good.

If you don't already own any of the titles on Steam its a great deal.

graywolf323 said:
not sure what you're talking about but GTAIV was the same price on D2D last week that it is right now on Steam for 3 hours

Not in the UK it wasn't. It was £3.50 here, £5 on Steam now.

Edit: Correction, £3.95 it was.

Acidote said:
Do GTAIV and GTAIV: EFLC still have that SecuRom crap? If they don't anymore I just need that little push to buy them :)

Yes, the two games are integrated with SecuROM. Grand Theft Auto IV has unlimited activations and Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City has 15 activations.

The Whispered World Released
Product Release - Valve

The Whispered World a new adventure game developed by Daedalic Entertainment is now available on Steam. To celebrate the release that game is 10% off for the first week.

The Whispered World whisks the player away to a fascinating fantasy world. Sadwick is a young clown but often far from cheerful. One night, a strange blue creature speaks to him in a dream, and sends him on an adventurous journey. Many dangers await Sadwick, for the world he knows is doomed to crumble and fall. In classic point and click tradition, gamers steer Sadwick and his companion Spot through the game.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3756/

Xzior

Zefah said:
I want that, except just for the games list. I still want access to the community and the store at a quick click of a button, but I want my games list to take up as little space as possible. That is the only thing I dislike about the update.
You mean like this?

7Y741.jpg

Kayhan

Gully State said:
Does anyone know if the ENB series mods work for GTAIV on Steam?
Can you force Steam to not upgrade GTA IV to the latest patch?

If not, I don't think ENB will work with Steam unless the mod author releases a new version.

crimsonheadGCN said:
Yes, it was announced in a pop-up window. It's also the week long deal.
I didn't get that. ):

brain_stew said:
:D

I just go where the best deals are and D2D have been delivering in spades lately but the competition is great. The only winners are us PC gamers! :D
Although I can understand that, it seems like D2D rarely has better deals in my region, and even when they do, I figure Steam will have it on sale at some point... I can afford to be picky considering my backlog. Not to mention that even though I've only been using Steam for like half a year, I'm really OCD about having all my games on it and just about any game purchase I make depends on how it interacts with Steam.

Also, I keep getting these GameSpot newsletters, and at the bottom, they show the most popular games (by page views) of the week, and Rockstar games are practically dominating that list.

GHG

Desaparecido said:
Although I can understand that, it seems like D2D rarely has better deals in my region, and even when they do, I figure Steam will have it on sale at some point... I can afford to be picky considering my backlog. Not to mention that even though I've only been using Steam for like half a year, I'm really OCD about having all my games on it and just about any game purchase I make depends on how it interacts with Steam.

Also, I keep getting these GameSpot newsletters, and at the bottom, they show the most popular games (by page views) of the week, and Rockstar games are practically dominating that list.

Its really not that difficult to add a non steam game shortcut...

Also I disagree with the "steam will have it on sale anyway" notion. When has steam ever had ARMA 1 Gold plus ARMA 2 on sale for under £5? Hell... steam don't even sell ARMA 1. You're doing youself a major disservice with that line of thought.

GHG said:
Its really not that difficult to add a non steam game shortcut...

Also I disagree with the "steam will have it on sale anyway" notion. When has steam ever had ARMA 1 Gold plus ARMA 2 on sale for under £5? Hell... steam don't even sell ARMA 1. You're doing youself a major disservice with that line of thought.
It isn't about having it in the library list so a shortcut doesn't really help, and I don't really care if they haven't had it on sale yet. What I'm saying is that they probably will at some point, and I can afford to wait until then because I have enough games in my backlog to occupy me until the end of the world. Also, not that I'm interested in ArmA, but you say Steam doesn't have the first one, and yet they do... so... wat.

GHG

Desaparecido said:
It isn't about having it in the library list so a shortcut doesn't really help, and I don't really care if they haven't had it on sale yet. What I'm saying is that they probably will at some point, and I can afford to wait until then because I have enough games in my backlog to occupy me until the end of the world. Also, not that I'm interested in ArmA, but you say Steam doesn't have the first one, and yet they do... so... wat.

Wat indeed. They didn't seem to have it when I checked a couple of months ago.

Anyway, my point still stands. Holla at me when they have it with the 2nd one for under a fiver.

GHG said:
Wat indeed. They didn't seem to have it when I checked a couple of months ago.

Anyway, my point still stands. Holla at me when they have it with the 2nd one for under a fiver.

Steam does have ARMA 1. Perhaps its not available in your region?

GHG said:
Its really not that difficult to add a non steam game shortcut....

Yeah, but it is nice to have everything in one place for real. If you install and shortcut, you don't have the ability to delete it and redownload later from steam.

speculawyer said:
Yeah, but it is nice to have everything in one place for real. If you install and shortcut, you don't have the ability to delete it and redownload later from steam.
That's basically what I meant.

GHG said:
They probably will at some point. And I might get it. And then I won't play it for six months. :lol

But I do know that my line of thought isn't completely rational.

Desaparecido said:
That's basically what I meant.

They probably will at some point. And I might get it. And then I won't play it for six months. :lol

But I do know that my line of thought isn't completely rational.

I am with you. There have been many games that have gone on sale on other DD sites that I want; however, I don't buy them since Steam will have the same sale at some point. I prefer to have all of my games on one site.

Kerrinck

So weird, rockstar games are actually showing up here even though they are region locked.
They get removed from the cart as soon as I add them though.

Edit: And it is gone again :(

MNC

Shit, shit, shit. Okay, I have to go to sleep. If Bully goes on sale for a 5er (Euros or dollars) gift it me and I'll pay back.

And X3 is cheaper too D: my wallet am cry again.

Night guys and gogogo bully when I'm awake.

steamID is MNC117, but since I can't accept requests when I'm asleep, mail it to some email account, then forward it to me pleez.

Night.

IceMarker

Fourman said:
I can't add Max Payne to my cart and it took me forever to load the page, anyone else with problems?
Yea, Steam itself and Valve might be having issues right now, my friend just updated to the new Steam and he can't see his games or view his own account history.

I hope they have a deal for Bully sometime this week. I've been interested in playing it for awhile now but don't want to shell out for the pack. Already have enough games I don't want on my list.

Blackheim

Basileus777 said:
Steam is broken. I bought Max Payne but can't get it to show up in my games list.

Try clicking the Games menu on top and then click Manage Gifts and Gist Passes. Worked for me.

Speaking of, I already owned HL2 and decided I'd pick up the Orange Box so I could finally play the episodes + Portal and maybe TF2. SO! I have an extra copy of HL2 that someone can have if there is actually someone out there who hasn't played it :p PM if you want it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom