• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costanza

Banned
I asked this a few weeks ago but nobody was interested. Gonna try again.

I have a code for Shatter on PSN. Would anybody be willing to trade me a gift of the Steam version for it?

teacupcopter said:
Hey,
Me and a friend both live in Australia.
Me and a friend both want the rockstar bundle on sale for 42.49 USD
Me and a friend can't get it because it's not on offer in Australia

Anyone who can gift one to me and one to a friend I will pay (I'm a bit new to paypal but I'm not too stupid so just tell me how) the cost of two + the fees with paypal plus I'll throw in 10USD extra for your troubles just to gift one to me and gift one to a friend :)

PM me or email me at owenscully at gmail dot com or steam me at http://steamcommunity.com/id/owenscully/home

any time over the next couple of days while the sale is on... I would love you forever please! :)

Quoting myself because of all the free code/game quotings

I am offering a free 10USD for whoever does this :)

geeko420 said:
does what?
What I quoted bro :(
I will pay you for two rockstar collections + fees + give you 10USD for your trouble
you need to gift me a rockstar collection and gift my friend one

it's not available on our store

teacupcopter said:
What I quoted bro :(
I will pay you for two rockstar collections + fees + give you 10USD for your trouble
you need to gift me a rockstar collection and gift my friend one

it's not available on our store

Just PM me, I've already sorted a couple out with it already. I'm in the UK though so its £30GBP, but that works out more or less the same.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
AnkhWeasel said:
Is... is it on Steam sales? If not, I dunno, man.

I actually did do a paper on Valve software for my Business Policy class. Had to talk about competition they face (broke it down to games, source engine, and steam), was their strategy working, do you see it working in the long run, etc. I got an A on it i think and my teacher wrote some comment like "I have never heard of this but now i know...". Basically while most people were doing stuff like JetBlue and GM i did a freaking video game company.

zombieshavebrains said:
I actually did do a paper on Valve software for my Business Policy class. Had to talk about competition they face (broke it down to games, source engine, and steam), was their strategy working, do you see it working in the long run, etc. I got an A on it i think and my teacher wrote some comment like "I have never heard of this but now i know...". Basically while most people were doing stuff like JetBlue and GM i did a freaking video game company.
That's the way to go.

zombieshavebrains said:

Would be interested in reading it.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Eh i'll try to find it on my hard drive tomorrow but i didn't go as in depth as i wanted and i had to remember the audience i was writing to. If some of you REALLY want to read it then i'll let you.

poweld

Is anybody else having the problem with Vice City where your mouse's vertical movement is extremely sensitive and not responding to the game's mouse adjustments? I'm running Win7 x64.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
poweld said:
Is anybody else having the problem with Vice City where your mouse's vertical movement is extremely sensitive and not responding to the game's mouse adjustments? I'm running Win7 x64.

Yeah, I have that issue, just manuallly lower your mouse sensitivity outside of the game and leave it on default in game.

AgentOtaku said:
GTAIII deal is stupid IMO =/
Just buy the Rockstar pack...

Some people probably don't have the $40 extra just sitting there. Or they already own a bunch of the pack and don't want to double-dip. Or whatever. Choice is good.

Volcynika

AgentOtaku said:

Some people only want specific games, rather than a whole lot of games they might never play. This is why these smaller deals are good for those people. And possible budget issues come into play as well.

It's not that hard to understand.

Roofy

AgentOtaku said:

considering that many people already bought the Max Payne pack and GTA:IV during the holiday madness and the general disinterest in playing through GTA I & II and Metal Arms, im glad i can pick the remaining couple that i dont already have.

choice is always good.

bully is the only one i feel compelled to pick up still *crosses finger for next lightning deal*

JRW

vocab said:
Good god. Is there anyway to make GTAIV run decent? I get 50-70 fps, but the draw distance is causing like popup micro stutters. If I turn view distance to 100% it runs better, but man this game is a mess for PC.

Same issues here I figured it would be more optimized by now. It actually runs decent but the random & frequent pausing is annoying. (i7 920 / 6gb / gtx 260 / win7 64bit).

Volcynika said:
Some people only want specific games, rather than a whole lot of games they might never play. This is why these smaller deals are good for those people. And possible budget issues come into play as well.

It's not that hard to understand.

Guess I'm just figuring most have picked it up at this point as they've had a few different Rockstar/GTA pack deals I believe.

Ledsen

wtf are Valve (or is it Rockstar) thinking? How can they have 2-, 3-hour deals when a huge proportion of their userbase can't even take advantage of them? These last two deals happened in the middle of the night for christ's sake! This is why you have 24-hour deals at minimum, not everyone lives in the US Valve...

Blizzard

Banned
Sigh, thanks to the new Steam the community page didn't work so I tried to log in manually. I then of course realized I didn't remember my password since I never use it. My own personal saved hint didn't help me since I apparently couldn't figure out some detail of my hint. My own hint about my secret question's answer apparently doesn't work despite there only being like TWO POSSIBLE ANSWERS I CAN THINK OF for the question. I made sure to put a valid question last time this happened too! :( It says that either my answer is wrong or my new password is invalid, but I even tried a simple new password and I don't know any rules that Steam has for passwords.

Q8D3vil

again.....
i don't have paypal so i'll trade 50$ gift from amazon usa or buy 50$ game with rockstar pack

fuck the region shit :(

pm me if you are interested

edit: i forgot about my moneybookers account, i can use it to send money even though i don't know how it works ( the site says it the receiver don't need an account to receive the money).
so that's a third option, 50$ using moneybookers :D

legend166

I just know I'm going to miss the San Andreas sale. It'll happen when I'm sleeping.

That's why I'd love if I could organise something with an American to buy it for me if they see it on sale and I'll PayPal them the cash.

dLMN8R

Ledsen said:
wtf are Valve (or is it Rockstar) thinking? How can they have 2-, 3-hour deals when a huge proportion of their userbase can't even take advantage of them? These last two deals happened in the middle of the night for christ's sake! This is why you have 24-hour deals at minimum, not everyone lives in the US Valve...
It's a marketing tactic to keep people hooked on the Steam web site throughout the day, looking at it a lot more than they otherwise would.

Reminds me of Woot-offs!

benjipwns

Banned
maus said:
i bought gta3 and it's a pretty awful port that i will probably never play again
IIRC it draws/renders everything, even if you can't see it, and has a lame texture streaming system. Vice City fixed all this to the point you can actually play it pretty well on a 500 Mhz Celeron with a GeForce MX 420.

legend166 said:
I just know I'm going to miss the San Andreas sale. It'll happen when I'm sleeping.

That's why I'd love if I could organise something with an American to buy it for me if they see it on sale and I'll PayPal them the cash.
Even if you're American... during the week, nobody's checking the site all day. Not to mention that last sale ended at 1AM EST.

graywolf323

Q8D3vil said:
again.....
i don't have paypal so i'll trade 50$ gift from amazon usa or buy 50$ game with rockstar pack

fuck the region shit :(

pm me if you are interested

edit: i forgot about my moneybookers account, i can use it to send money even though i don't know how it works ( the site says it the receiver don't need an account to receive the money).
so that's a third option, 50$ using moneybookers :D

if you have Amazon then you already have an Amazon Payments account - https://www.amazon.com/?tag=neogaf0e-20

kinda like PayPal

legend166

Desaparecido said:
Even if you're American... during the week, nobody's checking the site all day. Not to mention that last sale ended at 1AM EST.

Well I have to find someone to gift it to me anyway since I can't buy it in Australia.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
we dont have games like max payne or gta 3 on the german store - is it possible to gift games which arent avaiable in your own store ?

legend166

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Haha, wow. Me too. Oh well. $2.50 is nothing these days it seems.

I was under the impression the PC versions of the PS2-era GTA games were vastly superior to their console counterparts, especially with mods.

So I think it's less to do with it being a bad port and more to do with GTA3 not aging all that well.

Blizzard

Banned
I figured out my own notes and got the problem fixed. :D My settings page shows no icon, but the community/profile pages now seem to work and show an icon, so hopefully things are in a working state now.

Oreoleo

legend166 said:
So I think it's less to do with it being a bad port and more to do with GTA3 not aging all that well.

Agreed. It was kind of surprising loading the game up today and realizing, "Oh wow we really have come a long way in 9 years." (In regards to open world games, anyway)

legend166 said:
I was under the impression the PC versions of the PS2-era GTA games were vastly superior to their console counterparts, especially with mods.

They are..... i think there PC specs sucks or they might need to reinstall or update there GFX drivers, i currently have San Andreas install and game runs beautiful with SRT texture mod..

benjipwns

Banned
No, GTA III IS a bad port. On a good system today you won't notice compared to VC and SA, but if you're trying to run them on a laptop or something lower end you definitely will. As noted above, GTA III draws/renders everything within the draw distance, even things you can't see, VC/SA don't.

Truespeed

maus said:
i bought gta3 and it's a pretty awful port that i will probably never play again

Not true at all. I just bought it and the game plays pretty well and looks pretty good considering it was released in 2003. Oh, and it doesn't contain SecuROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom