• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
D4Danger said:
24odqte.jpg

Totally unrelated, but which skin is this, one of the default ones?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
TouchMyBox said:
Restarted my client and sure enough, ValveTestApp :)
Just restarted to use the current beta, but mine does not have that, so it's not a 100% occurrence.

Anyway, I like that Steam skin MisterAnderson, thanks for the heads up.

Quick question about DoW2: I'm a little ways into the single player (level 7 Force Commander) and was wondering; is the single player space marine only? Or will it shift perspectives like SC/WC?

I ask because I assumed this is how the campaign would play out but the way the story is going something tells me it's only space marine, unless the game is really, really long. Really loving it so far, by the way.

Edit: I also don't have that SteamApp490 thing on my games list.

Zzoram

MisterAnderson said:
Quick question about DoW2: I'm a little ways into the single player (level 7 Force Commander) and was wondering; is the single player space marine only? Or will it shift perspectives like SC/WC?

I ask because I assumed this is how the campaign would play out but the way the story is going something tells me it's only space marine, unless the game is really, really long. Really loving it so far, by the way.

It's only Space Marine.

Also, Starcraft II will only be Terrans (following 2 expansion packs filling in Zerg and Protoss) but will have a short Protoss prologue (or epilogue?).

SCII will also have single player training levels designed to familiarize players with all 3 races.

Zzoram said:
It's only Space Marine.

Also, Starcraft II will only be Terrans (following 2 expansion packs filling in Zerg and Protoss) but will have a short Protoss prologue (or epilogue?).

SCII will also have single player training levels designed to familiarize players with all 3 races.

Oh ok. Yeah I'm aware of SC2's trilogy, can't wait. Doesn't bother me that the campaign is space marine only, was just curious so I knew what I was in for, heh.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
MisterAnderson said:

There are bits on Tau and Ork campaigns in the system files, and the word Chaos popped up a few times, so expansions are definitely under works. Which will come first, no one knows. I'm hoping for Chaos.

No love found for my Necrons...

Stop It said:
Just restarted to use the current beta, but mine does not have that, so it's not a 100% occurrence.

Anyway, I like that Steam skin MisterAnderson, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, it's gone now.

epmode

Man, I hope Lucasarts treats the X-Wing series with the respect the adventure games are getting. I would murder for higher-resolution support.

LovingSteam said:
Same way I knew about the other games I tell you guys about :) A buddy of mine.

So when do we get a Star Wars pack with Republic Commando and Battlefront for 15 bucks? I know I am not the only one waiting for a drop of these games.

biocat

LovingSteam said:
KOTOR will be part of the next package of Lucasarts games on Steam.

Nice. I missed out on playing this when it first came out. Is the Lucasarts package going to come this week?

NIN90

Is it safe to buy games on steam through a proxy? Like when I want buy something that is not available in my country?
Or will they ban me for something like this?

Could a skin increase font size in steam? Or is there any other way to increase font size in steam? I use my 40" TV for my computer and things get pretty small in the steam client if I lean back in the couch. A minor inconvenience but the talk of skins above made me wonder if a solution may exist.

Dina

Bah, I don't really like Men of War. the voiceacting is extremely off-putting and after losing the first mission and really can't be bothered to turn back. The game is kind of hard on the player without handing out proper help, imo.

legend166

NIN90 said:
Is it safe to buy games on steam through a proxy? Like when I want buy something that is not available in my country?
Or will they ban me for something like this?

I think it's safer to have someone in the US gift them to you.

TheExodu5

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Bionic Commando Rearmed finally hits Steam for $9.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/21680/

Wow. :lol

Full price though...they should have launched it with a $5 weekend deal or something. Not going to double dip on this one. It doesn't offer online coop on the PC side, right?

Great news about KOTOR though! Never got a chance to play it. If it's released for $10, it'll be a friggin' steal.

Macmanus

Kestastrophe said:
Were there any decent mods for KOTOR?

Their really isn't much to mod, is there? I just went through it again on the PC about a month ago and the graphics surprisingly enough held up pretty well. They just need to include larger screen resolution support and you're pretty much good to go.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If they do end up releasing it (KOTOR) on Steam, I hope they also bring out a retail patch to let it run in Vista without jumping through burning hoops. That was one buggy-ass game, even at launch. I'm sure it'd crash consistently with today's graphics drivers.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
TheExodu5 said:
Wow. :lol

Full price though...they should have launched it with a $5 weekend deal or something. Not going to double dip on this one. It doesn't offer online coop on the PC side, right?

Great news about KOTOR though! Never got a chance to play it. If it's released for $10, it'll be a friggin' steal.
Co-op made it into the PC version.

DirtRiver

Who oh I hope Kotor isn't outrageously priced, keep it below 10 euros please and I will buy it without even thinking about it (and isn't that what you want?)

About Rearmed, yeah if it was a little bit less costy I would buy it, although I already have the XBLA one, I would like to see how that game holds up on the PC.

pilonv1

Tropico runs really well on my laptop, although I can't get widescreen resolutions or run in in hardware mode.

Haven't tried Tropico 2 yet though.

Here's a question, does anyone have constant problems with getting the updates, store and community tabs working?

The solutions here work from time to time, but not 100% of the time.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Fucking IE.

vertopci

Lyphen said:
If they do end up releasing it (KOTOR) on Steam, I hope they also bring out a retail patch to let it run in Vista without jumping through burning hoops. That was one buggy-ass game, even at launch. I'm sure it'd crash consistently with today's graphics drivers.

I replayed both of them recently. First one crashed like mad; I probably easily had a total of at least 500 crashes :lol

Sith Lords didn't crash so much but...there's a shitload of bugs. Some prevent you from moving certain characters development foward. Some quests are unfinishable. Sometimes you'll get dark side points when you should get light side points, etc.
And it was rushed. Could have been one of the greatest RPGs ever if they didn't rush to get it out in time for Christmas :(

Javaman

Tolkienfanatic said:
Here's a question, does anyone have constant problems with getting the updates, store and community tabs working?

The solutions here work from time to time, but not 100% of the time.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Fucking IE.

I had all kinds of trouble with the steam tabs with IE8 but they worked fine when I uninstalled it and went back to IE7.

_Angelus_

Banned
Haeleos said:
Bionic Commando ReArmed was the best game released last year. No joke.

I just beat the game this morning on 360 and loved it overall. The game play mechanics were pretty original for me,loved the platforming and gun action. Its awful that this game bombed,such a fun game.
I think I may buy the PC version now,Steam sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom