• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xapati

Hey, can I install Bioshock Steam on as many computers as I want? On the bottom of the steam page it says:

Note: Contains SecuROM copy control software. Installations limited to five PCs per license

And if this is the case I'm not touching it.

Xapati said:
Hey, can I install Bioshock Steam on as many computers as I want? On the bottom of the steam page it says:

Looks like it Xapati. I would be more concerned about how many times I can activate it during the year. Sometimes my drives need a patriotic cleansing.

Mrbob

omg omg omg finally :D

Been waiting for Bioshock to go on sale on Steam. Wanted 19.99 but I'll take 14.99! :D :D :D

Now I can see if this game lives up to the hype. Downloading now.

Xapati said:

As of June 20th, all limits to activation of Bioshock have been removed from all releases of the game on the PC. By all means, though, join the rest of GAF and carry on with your anti-DRM histrionics.

It does, and then some. Squirrel yourself away for a playthrough over three or four days with mulitple hours a day, though. This game sort of loses a bit of its shine if you nick and peck at it IMO.

Broseybrose

Mrbob said:
omg omg omg finally :D

Been waiting for Bioshock to go on sale on Steam. Wanted 19.99 but I'll take 14.99! :D :D :D

dont worry, it will :)

Vaporak

Actiss said:
For those who don't have it...

header.jpg

...is $15 this weekend (U.S. only?).

Bought, awesome deal. :D

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Actiss said:
For those who don't have it...

header.jpg

...is $15 this weekend (U.S. only?).
Been meaning to buy this. So bought.

Already beaten it a couple times on my friend's 360, but it's just such a great game.

Xapati said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11647591&postcount=7338

Activation limits removed on BioShock for the PC

Activation limits removed on BioShock for the PC

2K Community Manager

Exclamation Activation limits removed on BioShock for the PC
Good news! As promised, all activation restrictions, including install limits, have been removed from BioShock PC as of today. You don’t have to patch or install anything for this to go into effect for your copy of BioShock – it’s already done!

Enjoy your time in Rapture, and thank you for supporting BioShock and the 2K teams.

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=296125#post296125

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Seems bioshock is $24.99 for aussies, which is a hell of alot cheaper than retail. I'm thinking of picking it up but i dont actually have the PC to run it :lol

fallout

That's a crazy good deal. I almost feel like replaying it ... been meaning to since I upgraded to my 8800GT.

eternal prize said:
does bioshock have achievements on pc?
Nope.

or am I thinking of something completely unrelated?
You might be thinking of the achievements that Valve has with HL2: E2, Portal and TF2 on Steam.

Kritz

Banned
I'd LIKE to pick this up, but $25 AU for a game I already own on the Xbox doesn't really seem all that great to me. It's still about $45 cheaper than what EB are selling it for, though.

Volcynika

Weekend deal: 66% off Savage 2, making it $9.99. Never played nor read much on the game, so I don't know much about it.

theultimo

Volcynika said:
Weekend deal: 66% off Savage 2, making it $9.99. Never played nor read much on the game, so I don't know much about it.
Hybrid RTS/FPS much like battlezone. Excellent game, but very small community.

pilonv1

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=posts&id=1728&cc=AU

Strategy First pack on Steam:

688(I) Hunter-Killer
Alien Shooter: Vengeance
Baseball Mogul 2008
Birth of America
Culpa Innata
Dangerous Waters
DarkStar One
Disciples II Gold
Ducati World Championship
FlatOut
FlatOut2
Fleet Command
Ghost Master
Iron Warriors
Jagged Alliance 2
Making History: The Calm and The Storm
Sacred Gold
Space Empires IV Deluxe
Space Empires V
Sub Command
Vegas - Make It Big

Awesome value.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I wish valve would list upcomming weekend deals, and Grid needs to be one of them. Tried the demo, game kicks asss.

Strategy pack looks ok, flatout is about the only game that interests me in the entire pack.

pilonv1

Yeah my backlog is obscene (mainly XBLA games) but I really want to try Space Empires and Titan Quest has me excited to play Sacred Gold before Sacred 2 comes to 360 this year.

Stuff like FlatOut I already have on console and I'm not interested in the Submarine sims or Baseball Mogul.

Download isn't too much of an issue - I'm on 40gb a month and never go over 30gb. I'll post what the file size is here later tonight.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
pilonv1 said:
Yeah my backlog is obscene (mainly XBLA games) but I really want to try Space Empires and Titan Quest has me excited to play Sacred Gold before Sacred 2 comes to 360 this year.

Stuff like FlatOut I already have on console and I'm not interested in the Submarine sims or Baseball Mogul.

Download isn't too much of an issue - I'm on 40gb a month and never go over 30gb. I'll post what the file size is here later tonight.

Yeah, Sacred and Space Empires are the big ones on the list for me. And I'm well aware that you have FlatOut on 360, since you're about the only person on my friends list putting up competitive times. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot on PC, though...for that price, anyway.

Yeah, lemme know what the damage will be. I'm on 50GB all up - 30 on peak, 20 off - but I've been a pretty huge Steam consumer this month already, so I might have to wait until the last day of billing, hah.

Disciples II Gold and Jagged Alliance 2 are, by far, the best 2 games in the compilation. Not to take away from some of those other games, but those 2 are fantastic. Superb.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
does the demo do the game justice? bioshock is mean.

I did not enjoy the demo much but everyone says its such a great game and all...

Teknopathetic said:
Disciples II Gold and Jagged Alliance 2 are, by far, the best 2 games in the compilation. Not to take away from some of those other games, but those 2 are fantastic. Superb.

I'll agree with that, but I'd also like to say that Birth of America (get the most updated patch for that off AGEOD's forums) and Space Empires IV are really not very far behind. Birth of America especially is a friendly heap o' kickass wargaming.

It's sort of a shame that people won't try any of the Sonalysts games, especially Dangerous Waters, which is about as good as it gets in terms of modern naval stuff if you don't want to go into one of the Harpoon re-releases.

Making History is not a bad game if you don't have Hearts of Iron 2. In which case, there is really no point to playing it over HoI2, WW2 game of the forever.
Alien Shooter: Vengeance, Darkstar One, Culpa Innata, and Ghost Master are decent quality games as well.

otake said:
does the demo do the game justice? bioshock is mean.

I did not enjoy the demo much but everyone says its such a great game and all...

It depends on what you're looking for. I, too, was annoyed at the invisible walls and persistent scripting in the demo, and that also exists in the full game. But it opens up somewhat and you get a lot of abilities which are pretty cool. Come on, you snap your fingers and a guy on the other side of the room bursts into flames. And when you get telekinesis, there's a tennis-ball-shooting machine so you can practice catching and throwing things. How awesome is that?

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Teknopathetic said:

Cool, good to know, man - thanks for heads up. I'll definitely pick it up then. I've only just got back into PC gaming after a long time away, so I'm not recognising a lot of names right off the top of my head...

Volcynika said:
Weekend deal : All things Counter-Strike 50% off

Counter-Strike: Source - $9.99
Counter-Strike Complete - $14.99

Also, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero is 4.99 and Counter-Strike is 4.99. Finally getting Condition Zero!

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
What is condition zero like?

From my understanding, it's just Counter-Strike with better graphics, a single player mode, hostages that have personalities and will try to escape by themselves, and a few more maps and guns.

zoku88

This isn't as big of a deal, but it looks like that Sherlock Holmes game is $2 off for a little while.

Anybody ever play it before?

zoku88 said:
This isn't as big of a deal, but it looks like that Sherlock Holmes game is $2 off for a little while.

Anybody ever play it before?
I want to try that and the Dracula game because I am gay for adventure games, but the damn demo won't download when I click the demo link.

Man if Steam keeps having these weekend deals it is going to mean the end of me, I've bought them all so far! I am so weak willed when I see games X% off.

fushi

Illuminati said:
I want to try that and the Dracula game because I am gay for adventure games, but the damn demo won't download when I click the demo link.

Man if Steam keeps having these weekend deals it is going to mean the end of me, I've bought them all so far! I am so weak willed when I see games X% off.
You can get the demo from the official site:

http://www.dracula-origin.com/en/index.php?lang=en&rub=downloads_info&id=5

The voicework is a bit overblown, but I liked the puzzles.

( By the way, the official website is still selling Dracula Origin at 40 euros: http://focus.gamesplanet.com/game-Dracula-Origin.html )

GHG

Gold Member
Don't know if I'm late with this but Lost Planet (not the colonies version) is now $19.99, half price.

Also, when the hell does Bionic Commando hit?

GHG said:
Don't know if I'm late with this but Lost Planet (not the colonies version) is now $19.99, half price.

Also, when the hell does Bionic Commando hit?

I've been hearing later this afternoon. I forgot that Valve was in Washington, so they probably do their updates towards COB in Pacific Time.

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, the latest installment in the popular WWII action franchise, is now available for pre-purchase via Steam. Those who pre-purchase the game via Steam before it is launched in late September will immediately receive the complete version of Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 free of charge.

This is from the latest news section.

Volcynika

They put three Sega games on it today:

Space Siege
The Incredible Hulk™: The Official Video Game
Beijing 2008™ - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games

dLMN8R

Wow - I can't believe Space Siege is on Steam when Impulse is around. Doesn't GPG have a very close relationship with Stardock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom