• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Illuminati said:
* FAINTS *

zx5hg8.jpg
HOLY FUCK.

*bought*

Damn this all better work well in Vista. UFO: Enemy Unknown is probably my single favourite PC game of all time.

steamjpg.jpg

hurry hurry hurry lol

calder said:
http://members.shaw.ca/caldermuyo/misc/steamjpg.jpg[IMG]
hurry hurry hurry lol[/QUOTE]Oh you have Sherlock Holmes, how is it? The only Sherlock Holmes adventure game I have is The Case of The Serrated Scalpel, but I can't install it due to the fact it is on 5.25" disks.

calder

Illuminati said:
Oh you have Sherlock Holmes, how is it as an adventure game? The only Sherlock Holmes adventure game I have is The Case of The Serrated Scalpel.
It's quite good, solid adventure mechanics as you'd expect from Frogwares, good puzzles and a surprisingly effective horror element to the story. Overall I'd prefer Awakened to Dracula: Origin if you are familiar with their most recent adventure release. Sadly I've never played Case of the Serrated Scalpel, though I was hunting around for it a few months back after seeing it referenced in a thread here.

zoku88

^ Your avatar always reminded me of Moriarty. A coincidence that you got the Sherlock Holmes game. I just dled the demo for that.

Twig

Banned
crimsonheadGCN said:
There's no way I can use my existing product key. :( Hope they add the ability to.
It's really dumb that we can't use our existing product key. At this point it's worthless. I pay a subscription fee, there's no reason I shouldn't be allowed to just download it via steam and continue paying said subscription.

Well, actually, I'm not playing it anymore at the moment, so I don't particularly care. But both this and EVE annoy me in that way.

At the very least, there should be a way to log into your AoC/EVE account on the Steam store page in order to download the game.

sk3tch

I've been debating buying Age of Conan all morning...but I think I've talked myself out of it based on reviews and other opinions around the web. Sounds like it is still kinda "beta" at this time. Plus, $44.99 and $12+/mo...yikes. I guess I will just wait for Warhammer!

Twig

Banned
sk3tch said:
I've been debating buying Age of Conan all morning...but I think I've talked myself out of it based on reviews and other opinions around the web. Sounds like it is still kinda "beta" at this time. Plus, $44.99 and $12+/mo...yikes. I guess I will just wait for Warhammer!
At the risk of turning this into an AoC thread (I know we already have one, but some people might read this one and not that one!)... Yeah, I would definitely not recommend AoC at this juncture. I loved my time with it, had a ton of fun, but Funcom has done little in the way of fixing bugs or adding content. I only played for three months, and while some bugs were fixed, they were mostly little bugs. Not the memory leak bug, which crashed my game three times a day. From what I hear, that's still not fixed. SO DUMB.

Anyway.

Guys, why should I want X-Com? What makes it better than other SRPGs? I'm looking for a short summary, here, not some in-depth analysis! (I like SRPGs, too, so it probably wouldn't take much to convince me!)

Twig

Banned
dLMN8R said:
Crysis and Crysis Warhead - now on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17330/
O: O: O:

EA games on Steam. Please let this be a sign of things to come!

Please. ):

Gumboy Adventures is pretty fun. I got it in some indie pack a looong time ago with Gish and... maybe something else? I'd say it's worth $5. No clue about Tournament, though. It's multiplayer. I've heard it's nowhere near as good from some and I've heard it's still pretty good from others. SHRUG.

Twig

Banned
Mass Effect and Spore on Steam would make my fucking day.

But for some reason I kind of doubt it will happen.

EA on Steam? Excellent news but come on, not saving a single cent by buying the Crysis complete pack is really stingy. Throw them together for $50 (The original Crysis is a year old now afterall) and I'd bite no questions asked.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hopefully this means burnout paradise will be on steam day 1, alot of people are asking for that to happen on the burnout forums, have been for awhile.

However im wondering if i even bother with the PC version or just grab a ps3 and BP since im sure most gaffers would be playing it on a console.

Lets hope EA do bring their games to steam which hopefully removes the usual bullshit people have to go through with ea's own downloader. There was a recent crysis thread regarding some guys troubles with the game over ea's downloader.

Somnia

Little off topic, but anyone care to comment on my new pc specs?

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB
Power Supply: 750 Watt
Graphics Processor: Single 896MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260
Memory: 4GB† Patriot EP+ Low Latency Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 x 1024MB
Motherboard:NVIDIA® nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
Operating System: Windows Vista® Ultimate
System Drive: 500GB SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 16MB Cache
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeGamer High Definition 7.1 Audio
Monitor: 22" Samsung 2253BW – 1680 x 1050 (2ms) Widescreen Flat Panel

dLMN8R

Somnia said:
Little off topic, but anyone care to comment on my new pc specs?

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB
Power Supply: 750 Watt
Graphics Processor: Single 896MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260
Memory: 4GB† Patriot EP+ Low Latency Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 x 1024MB
Motherboard:NVIDIA® nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
Operating System: Windows Vista® Ultimate
System Drive: 500GB SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 16MB Cache
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeGamer High Definition 7.1 Audio
terrible. Time for a major upgrade.

Sanjay

Somnia said:

You can now play everygame* at max settings with that monitor.

*except Crysis, maybe Warhead

Kritz

Banned
Fuckballs. EA jacked up the price of these games for Australia. Crysis is $60, Warhead is $30and the complete pack is... either $90 or $95. They've got two entries on the pack.

Sigh. I mean, it's still $40 / $20 cheaper than in stores. But it kind of urks me that EA's charging us more on a digital game. I wonder how this compares to EA's online Australian store (Where the prices are also inflated).

EDIT: $80 for Crysis on the EA store. That's interesting.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Kritz said:
Fuckballs. EA jacked up the price of these games for Australia. Crysis is $60, Warhead is $30and the complete pack is... either $90 or $95. They've got two entries on the pack.

Sigh. I mean, it's still $40 / $20 cheaper than in stores. But it kind of urks me that EA's charging us more on a digital game. I wonder how this compares to EA's online Australian store (Where the prices are also inflated).

Huh? It still lists the game as $30 on the AUS store but thats in US currency. So after you convert it, its about $38.

Kritz

Banned
evlcookie said:
Huh? It still lists the game as $30 on the AUS store but thats in US currency. So after you convert it, its about $38.

crysii.PNG

Wait what?

EDIT: OH, oh okay. Crysis is the only game that got a price boost. Warhead is the same.

... That's odd?

GHG

Gold Member
Wait... the enhanced version of the Witcher comes out this month!?!? Holy shit. Finally. I've had the game for so long but have held off playing it till the enhanced version drops. Finally.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Kritz said:
[/IMG]http://bungiefans.org/kritz/crysii.PNG[/IMG]

Wait what?

EDIT: OH, oh okay. Crysis is the only game that got a price boost. Warhead is the same.

... That's odd?

Some late updates then by the looks of it, ah that blows.

GHG said:
Wait... the enhanced version of the Witcher comes out this month!?!? Holy shit. Finally. I've had the game for so long but have held off playing it till the enhanced version drops. Finally.

fuck yeah...preorderin when I get paid :D

GHG

Gold Member
Xdrive05 said:
So does this mean there's no SecuRom on the Crysis games when purchasing via Steam?

Yep. No hassle. Thats why I'll be gladly buying the crysis pack off Steam even though it'll cost a little more.

Blizzard

Banned
GHG said:
Yep. No hassle. Thats why I'll be gladly buying the crysis pack off Steam even though it'll cost a little more.

Are we SURE there's no SecuROM? Didn't Bioshock have an extra DRM? >_____>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom