• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - announcements, updates and WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Wow - I can't believe Space Siege is on Steam when Impulse is around. Doesn't GPG have a very close relationship with Stardock?"

Space Siege isn't published by Stardock.

"They better find a way or i won't be getting it.
Not downloading a different DD client just for this game. Flock & the new Bionic Commando better come to Steam and hopefully this will come later somehow."

Gamersgate is very good. You don't have to run their client to play the game, just to download it.

GHG said:
Also, when the hell does Bionic Commando hit?

Not at all apparently.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...eviews_for_Bionic_Commano_Rearmed?num=10&pg=2

Actually, I do have some bad news on the Steam front. At the last minute, we've been unable to reach mutually agreeable terms with Valve on BCR, so they won't be carrying it (unfortunately you'll have to get it elsewhere). I won't get into the details but we do continue to have a good relationship with Valve and future Capcom titles we expect to be carried on Steam.

You'll find BCR available tomorrow on Direct2Drive at 8AM PST. Other sites (like our Capcom e-store and Gamersgate.com) will come on shortly thereafter.

Within a few days (or perhaps sooner, just waiting on some package tests), you'll find it at more than a dozen other sites (including BestBuy.com, Nvidia.com, CircuitCity.com, etc.).

Edit: Beaten, whoops.

Thomper

Aeris130 said:
50% off Trackmania United.

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=app&AppId=7200

Is it worth upgrading from my free copy of Nations, and how's the community (meaning custom maps etc.)?
GET IT NOW! So very worth it. Nations is just the tip of a huge iceberg. There's all sorts of new environments with cars that handle differently, there's the Platform and Puzzle modes, and the community is very active. There's tons of custom maps.

Aeris130 said:
50% off Trackmania United.

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=app&AppId=7200

Is it worth upgrading from my free copy of Nations, and how's the community (meaning custom maps etc.)?

doit.gif

DO IT.

How is the community?

I don't think you'll run into a single non-custom map on any server. And the chances of you seeing the same track more than once is really, really, really slim unless you frequent the same server, and even then it could be pretty slim.

There's never a time when a server is empty and due to how online play works, playing on foreign servers is no problem whatsoever.

I have a question, can other people see my user created 3D model of a car or can they only see user created skins for cars that come with the game?

"I have a question, can other people see my user created 3D model of a car or can they only see user created skins for cars that come with the game?"

That stuff will be sent to other players as you play and they'll eventually see your skin/model.

dLMN8R

I posted a pretty huge Trackmania information thread on other boards, I'm in the process of putting it up here. It'll help you folks out, for those of you trying to decide if United is worth it over Nations.

Dawn of War II & Multiwinia have both been added to the Steam "coming soon" page.
I just hope that DoW is reasonably priced in comparison to internet retailers. I like getting games on Steam as it means i can use them wherever i am but i'm not gonna pay a huge premium for them.
DoW isn't the sort of game i'd use anywhere other than my desktop though so i guess that one doesn't matter.

Thomper

Can Americans gift Beyond Good & Evil game to Europeans, or is that also restricted? If any US-GAFfers know or would like to try, I'd love to buy the game for 5 dollars. Restrictions on digital downloads are stupid.

Capndrake

First time the weekend deal is different in different regions? (I know it's just because BG&E isn't available in PAL regions, but still)

Doytch

SenseiJinx said:
How's the game work without a gamepad? I've never played BG&E, but this would be the perfect excuse...

I played it last year with keyboard. I don't recall any problems or game-breaking stuff.

Roquentin

Thomper said:
Can Americans gift Beyond Good & Evil game to Europeans, or is that also restricted?
I would also like to know if this is possible. However, remember that selling or trading gifts is prohibited on Steam.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
SenseiJinx said:
How's the game work without a gamepad? I've never played BG&E, but this would be the perfect excuse...

curious about this as well...

Nabs

BiasedGamer said:
Audiosurf for $4.99 in Europe (well, Poland at least).

EDIT: If you don't have Audiosurf yet, go buy it NOW.

It's 4.99 in the states as well. If you enjoy music you must buy this shit.

bee

according to that banned joystick site, steam is going to be the ONLY way to buy silent hill homecoming on pc, no retail release at all

Menaged

Abe's Oddworld (both first games) are NOW on Steam!
You can buy each at 10$ or both at 15$ (10% off till september 4th).

Needless to say I'm already downloading :)

epmode

bee said:
Xpadder is neat but there's a big difference between using it to move a few button inputs around vs re-creating console gamepad controls in a game that only supports WASD+mouselook (and no anaolog movement at all).

I'd really love to have a link to an Xpadder configuration file that does exactly this, though. I'd buy the PC release in a second if one existed.

Twig

Banned
Menaged said:
Abe's Oddworld (both first games) are NOW on Steam!
You can buy each at 10$ or both at 15$ (10% off till september 4th).

Needless to say I'm already downloading :)
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm not sure where to put this, but:

I have a free guest pass for Team Fortress 2. Who wants it?

First person to PM me with their Steam ID gets it.

And she is gone! Thanks for playing, there are no parting gifts.

Volcynika

And apparently this weekend, if you pre-purchase Far Cry 2, you get the original Far Cry for free, offer ends this Tuesday.

Volcynika said:
And apparently this weekend, if you pre-purchase Far Cry 2, you get the original Far Cry for free, offer ends this Tuesday.
Ubisoft delivers. Far Cry 2 doesn't appear on Steam in Europe- it's a fair assumption that none of their fall games will. Especially in light of this interview: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/all-about-yves
Yves Guillemot: First, our money - the pound or the euro - is very strong and because of that the turnover from those countries is heavier than they used to be. So for Ubisoft turnover Europe is actually more important than the US now, and by more than 5 per cent. It's become a very strong market for us.

Thanks Ubisoft!

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Volcynika said:

i don't think that game has aged well.

M3wThr33

Banned
Volcynika said:

Portal is ONLY worth $10.
FarCry is already free if you don't mind a McDOnald's ad on the loading screen.

Zzoram

Volcynika said:

Good enough for me to preorder over Steam now. I was going to buy FarCry 2 on Steam anyways (Steam is no tax), and the freebie is enough to make me do it now.

Has there been any news on when The Witcher will finally be available through Steam? I would like to get it, but only through Steam since I have so much trouble with the other DD services.

dLMN8R

crimsonheadGCN said:
Has there been any news on when The Witcher will finally be available through Steam? I would like to get it, but only through Steam since I have so much trouble with the other DD services.
It'll probably be whenever the Enhanced Edition is released.

The latest MMO to arrive on Steam is Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures. It will be available for an additional 10% off for one week until Sept 11. All games are available via Steam, a leading online platform for the delivery and management of PC games with over 15 million accounts worldwide. For more details, please visit www.steamgames.com

There's no way I can use my existing product key. :( Hope they add the ability to.

Now that Steam has both EVE-Online and Age of Conan, I wonder what will be the next MMORPG? I hope World of Warcraft (it won't :( though), Lord of the Rings Online, and WAR: Age of Reckoning will be added in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom