• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I remember a multiplayer only game that pitted humans vs. Dinosaurs that had pretty good animations for the T-Rex/Raptors. I hoped the devs would make a single player game where the PC was a dinosaur, but that dream has never materialized.

Are you talking about Primal Carnage?
But that game is awesome and easily the best dinosaur game to come out in ages.
But yeah sucks we won't see a SP game from the dinosaur side unless the Primal Carnage Genesis has that in as chapters (They never deconfirmed so it's a possibility)

didamangi

Just got an email from playpark. PSO2 beta in SEA started approx 1.5 hrs ago.

Yup.

0je2Bib.png
6EJKLfd.png

I remember a multiplayer only game that pitted humans vs. Dinosaurs that had pretty good animations for the T-Rex/Raptors. I hoped the devs would make a single player game where the PC was a dinosaur, but that dream has never materialized.
But yeah sucks we won't see a SP game from the dinosaur side unless the Primal Carnage Genesis has that in as chapters (They never deconfirmed so it's a possibility)
There's a Projekt Red developer who's working on a single player game called Raptors where you play a raptor during the era, leading your pack, hunting, experiencing the meteor strike and extinction. Right now it's only in prototype phase, but you can play it here
http://www.kubold.com/?page_id=189

aku:jiki

There's a toy store right by our office that claims to be educational and wholesome and shit, i.e. they don't sell violent toys etc, but their dinosaur corner has absolutely no material including the feathers. One of these days it's going to annoy me enough that I walk in and tell them about it. I'll be wearing a fedora when I do it.

ok someone explain me how to ftl

i'm tired of watching my family die

General tips:
* When learning the game, stick with beam weapons and get as many as you can. Target the enemies weapons first so that you stop them from firing. If you are successful, then hit their shield to make taking out the hull easier.
* Using the teleporter can be very effective, just make sure to upgrade it at least once first, so you can always get your crew back, even if you teleport them into a bad spot.
* Cloaking is still pretty much a must buy. Use it to avoid any missiles thrown your way and anything nasty from the final boss.
* In the new version, hacking is very effective. With upgraded sensors you can time it so you hack just as their weapons are about to fire, draining them back to zero again.
* By and large, drones and missiles are more difficult to use, so avoid them until you get the hang of the game.
* By the time you reach sector 3, make sure you have at least level 2 shields and can get through level 2 shields in return or you will be screwed. So purchase accordingly to this point.

More advanced tips:
* Weapon pre-igniter is easy mode. Always try to have 120 scrap in case it shows up.
* If you are boarded, move your crew into the healing bay, power it up and then flush out the O2 from the rest of the ship. This forces the enemy into a fight in your healing bay, which you will win every time.
* The rock crew members are immune to fire. So setting a room on fire and then teleporting them in is a nice way to ensure an easy win (using fire bombs especially, but see above with upgrading your teleporter first).
* For the final boss, your goal should be to take out the missile launcher first and then kill all the other crew EXCEPT the person in the beam weapon. If you do this, the ship will be seriously underpowered next time you face it and basically can't hurt you and can't repair itself. If you kill all the crew, it'll turn into a mechanised ship and will be much harder, so be careful.
* Download the mod from the ftl site to give you a little more starting scrap. It isn't too OP and stops the early game from being so random.

Some old school raptors there. Wasn't it proven that raptors now had feathers?

The raptors in the game have feathers.

Actually it is pretty impressive. There are massive rough patches like no water once you enter it and the camera is almost as bad as Dragon's Dogma once you latch onto a Dinosaur, but there is no question it is pretty damn cool.

I've always been fascinated by Dinosaurs. Their designs like spiked tails and ... spiked heads always suggested to me that God exists, he has a plan for the universe and at least at some stage he was a six year old boy just making cool shit and seeing it fight.

Nice prototype.

Jawmuncher

The raptors in the game have feathers.

Actually it is pretty impressive. There are massive rough patches like no water once you enter it and the camera is almost as bad as Dragon's Dogma once you latch onto a Dinosaur, but there is no question it is pretty damn cool.

I've always been fascinated by Dinosaurs. Their designs like spiked tails and ... spiked heads always suggested to me that God exists, he has a plan for the universe and at least at some stage he was a six year old boy just making cool shit and seeing it fight.

Nice prototype.
Its a shame no creatures on the earth today are as amazing as dinosaurs.
I'll be keeping an eye on this game since I didn't even know it existed. Something like this has always been something I wanted to see so it's cool to see it being developed.

Mugatu

Its a shame no creatures on the earth today are as amazing as dinosaurs.
I'll be keeping an eye on this game since I didn't even know it existed. Something like this has always been something I wanted to see so it's cool to see it being developed.

Well I disagree with that - you just have to look. Especially birds which most people don't look closely at - and I don't just mean birds of prey, chickens and crows and pigeons are all pretty amazing but are so common people don't bother to look.

zkylon

zkylewd
General tips:
* When learning the game, stick with beam weapons and get as many as you can. Target the enemies weapons first so that you stop them from firing. If you are successful, then hit their shield to make taking out the hull easier.
* Using the teleporter can be very effective, just make sure to upgrade it at least once first, so you can always get your crew back, even if you teleport them into a bad spot.
* Cloaking is still pretty much a must buy. Use it to avoid any missiles thrown your way and anything nasty from the final boss.
* In the new version, hacking is very effective. With upgraded sensors you can time it so you hack just as their weapons are about to fire, draining them back to zero again.
* By and large, drones and missiles are more difficult to use, so avoid them until you get the hang of the game.
* By the time you reach sector 3, make sure you have at least level 2 shields and can get through level 2 shields in return or you will be screwed. So purchase accordingly to this point.

More advanced tips:
* Weapon pre-igniter is easy mode. Always try to have 120 scrap in case it shows up.
* If you are boarded, move your crew into the healing bay, power it up and then flush out the O2 from the rest of the ship. This forces the enemy into a fight in your healing bay, which you will win every time.
* The rock crew members are immune to fire. So setting a room on fire and then teleporting them in is a nice way to ensure an easy win (using fire bombs especially, but see above with upgrading your teleporter first).
* For the final boss, your goal should be to take out the missile launcher first and then kill all the other crew EXCEPT the person in the beam weapon. If you do this, the ship will be seriously underpowered next time you face it and basically can't hurt you and can't repair itself. If you kill all the crew, it'll turn into a mechanised ship and will be much harder, so be careful.
* Download the mod from the ftl site to give you a little more starting scrap. It isn't too OP and stops the early game from being so random.
ty

know the name of that mod? i'd love to have a bit of an easier time

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Mmm, thats the game. Nice to see that there is still a chance.

There's a Projekt Red developer who's working on a single player game called Raptors where you play a raptor during the era, leading your pack, hunting, experiencing the meteor strike and extinction. Right now it's only in prototype phase, but you can play it here
http://www.kubold.com/?page_id=189

I have to check this out. :)

Well I disagree with that - you just have to look. Especially birds which most people don't look closely at - and I don't just mean birds of prey, chickens and crows and pigeons are all pretty amazing but are so common people don't bother to look.

Yeah, birds do get overlooked for some reason. Crows and pigeons are pretty amazing, I like to study them when they visit my house, but most people see them as pests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom