• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11094

The download link there is broken (might be able to find it elsewhere), but if you get the linked mod manager, it comes with the starting scrap mod.

thanks

you rock

But it's FTL. That's like playing someone's Dark Souls save at New Game++ for the first time.

well i'm not necessarily interested in fully understanding ftl, i enjoy theorycrafting a bit but it takes one too many tries to find a strategy that works. so i'd rather make it a bit easier and experiment than just read a guide online or something

i got to the final boss on normal once or twice back when ftl was released but couldn't ever beat him

Its a shame no creatures on the earth today are as amazing as dinosaurs.
I'll be keeping an eye on this game since I didn't even know it existed. Something like this has always been something I wanted to see so it's cool to see it being developed.
What I find fascinating is animal intelligence. I've read some cool examples like crows waiting for red lights at intersections to place walnuts in front of cars so traffic will crack them open. Or a dolphin that were rewarded for collecting garage in its tank, so it gathered all the garage, hid it at the bottom of its tank, and would rip off small pieces to get rewards

Nzyme32

Some old school raptors there. Wasn't it proven that raptors now had feathers?

Yes but not only that, they are actually less than a meter tall on average.

For a game though, obviously the Hollywood reality is more useful. I think it would be nice to simply move to a different dinosaur that was more close to the Hollywood depictions such as Deinonychus

KarmaCow

So Payday 2 added crates!

Well it's not like in recent Valve games at all but it's their attempt to address the luck grind with how you acquire weapon mods. Instead of waiting for the RNG gods to give you a mod, you can now somewhat direct your progression by seeking out items in maps to get mods. It's not retroactive, still grindy, and only applies to the new mods on limited in the DLC (which is paid DLC) but it's something.

I'm curious how this turns out. It's too limited now so I'm hesitant to get the DLC but I hope they iterate and somehow expand it out to the regular mods in the game. I would like a Firebreather at some point.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yes but not only that, they are actually less than a meter tall on average.

For a game though, obviously the Hollywood reality is more useful. I think it would be nice to simply move to a different dinosaur that was more close to the Hollywood depictions such as Deinonychus

The raptors in Jurassic Park were basically Utahraptors with a name change to the more menacing Velociraptor.

Jawmuncher

The steam thread just became Animal Planet

What I find fascinating is animal intelligence. I've read some cool examples like crows waiting for red lights at intersections to place walnuts in front of cars so traffic will crack them open. Or a dolphin that were rewarded for collecting garage in its tank, so it gathered all the garage, hid it at the bottom of its tank, and would rip off small pieces to get rewards

I do tend to forget about that. One thing is taken away and we get another. In this case animal intelligence.

Giraffes are amazing.

The mammal version of Long Neck Dinosaurs

Well I disagree with that - you just have to look. Especially birds which most people don't look closely at - and I don't just mean birds of prey, chickens and crows and pigeons are all pretty amazing but are so common people don't bother to look.

I agree with this. Since when i'm looking at animals I do take a step back while watching them even the more common of them. I just meant in more of the style of dinosaurs in the sense that we don't really have anything that's equivalent to a Trex these days.

______________________________________________________________---

To keep it steam related we need more Dinosaur games.

Arthea

To keep it steam related we need more Dinosaur games.

Dinosaurs are fine, you really should all play FF8, if you know what I mean (><)
but I think we need more games with Dragons, a lot more, and with scary dragons, not cute little ones (cute ones are still better than no dragons at all). I want flying on the dragon the game on steam, even Drakengard series would do.
Zombies got enough attention, now is time for D&D (Dragons and Dinosaurs)! Who's with me?

Knurek

but I think we need more games with Dragons, a lot more, and with scary dragons, not cute little ones (cute ones are still better than no dragons at all). I want flying on the dragon the game on steam, even Drakengard series would do.
Zombies got enough attention, now is time for D&D (Dragons and Dinosaurs)! Who's with me?

Have you tried Divinity II? Should be exactly to your liking if you can get past jank.

Jawmuncher

Dinosaurs are fine, you really should all play FF8, if you know what I mean (><)

The Jurassic Park ripoff in the SeeD garden was the best.
Also i'm all for supporting this D&D movement. We just need a game to lead the charge along with Jurassic World. Really hope the Dino Crisis reboot rumor was true.

I'm obviously not 100% serious here, but with Milamber having his own thing, I can't help but think of this book while reading the lastest discussion.

I want to read that book just to see exactly how the Trex "fits" if you know what I mean.

derExperte

Wants more games with dragons. Doesn't own Divinity: Dragon Commander.

Anteater

Well just completed the achievements for my arkham city playfire rewards.

Now we wait

homer-laughing38swq.gif

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah I second Knurek's recommendation, Divinity 2 allows you to transform into a Dragon that can fly around the map. Just make sure to get the Dragon Knight Saga version instead of Ego Draconis.

Dragon Commander is also worth a look.

Tizoc

I'd say there already is a good number of dragon games on Steam. 2 were released during the past 2 months.

Jawmuncher

If were recommending dragon games while not on PC (Though the first game was but I have never played it)

If you can emulate Drakan: The Ancients Gate is amazing.
It's like Elder Scrolls and Zelda but with a dragon you can call whenever you want and ride on. It's an amazing game that gets ignored to often in the PS2 lists.

Just when I thought I had my Playfire issues sorted out, they claim I used SAM and banned me. That's a big fuck you considering I never used SAM on my account ever. My account is worth a lot and I'm paranoid about using it because of things like this.

GMG you've lost another customer. Thanks for nothing.

Arthea

I'd say there already is a good number of dragon games on Steam. 2 were released during the past 2 months.

not nearly enough, when we have that many of them as there are games with zombies, we'll be satisfied, I mean myself and Jawmuncher, of course (><)

derExperte

If were recommending dragon games while not on PC (Though the first game was but I have never played it)

It's like Elder Scrolls and Zelda but with a dragon you can call whenever you want and ride on. It's an amazing game that gets ignored to often in the PS2 lists.

Drakan was released on PC too, great game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakan:_Order_of_the_Flame Okay, different game. But why was a sequel to a PC-only game only released on PS2?

Just when I thought I had my Playfire issues sorted out, they claim I used SAM and banned me. That's a big fuck you considering I never used SAM on my account ever. My account is worth a lot and I'm paranoid about using it because of things like this.

Were you using the client or the site?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

The first game Drakan: Order of the flame was released on PC.

Edit: Damn it, beaten to post again.

Jawmuncher

Drakan was released on PC too, great game.

Yeah I never did play the original but the sequel was amazing.
Was odd though how it was only on PS2 when the original was PC.
It must have been because of Sony throwing money at it, since their logo is on the box.
But i'm not quite sure why they would to begin with.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I've always been fascinated by Dinosaurs. Their designs like spiked tails and ... spiked heads always suggested to me that God exists, he has a plan for the universe and at least at some stage he was a six year old boy just making cool shit and seeing it fight.

Nice prototype.

So he's a sadist now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Ask for proof. The only way GMG can ascertain SAM usage is if at least one achievement has a suspicious unlock time (e.g. obviously someone who's only spent an hour with Skyrim couldn't obtain Delver [clear 50 dungeons]).

Edit: Brain fart. Fixed.

Were you using the client or the site?

Mostly used Vulcan.

I really have no idea how they jumped to this conclusion. I am just so pissed right now. I had about $10 credit waiting to get sorted but they just banned me instead.

Ask for proof. The only way GMG can ascertain SAM usage is if two or more unlinked achievement have suspicious unlock times.

Already did. They told me it's not up for discussion and all that so I'm not really holding my breath.

Arthea

Yeah I never did play the original but the sequel was amazing.
Was odd though how it was only on PS2 when the original was PC.
It must have been because of Sony throwing money at it, since their logo is on the box.
But i'm not quite sure why they would to begin with.

so here is the plan:
firstly we need Drakan, Drakengard, Dino Crisis, Dragon Dogma, Breath of Fire on steam, that would be a good start. Then from this point all zombies has to be replaced by D&D to make up for past mistakes in game development.

Jawmuncher

so here is the plan:
firstly we need Drakan, Drakengard, Dino Crisis, Dragon Dogma, Breath of Fire on steam, that would be a good start. Then from this point all zombies has to be replaced by D&D to make up for past mistakes in game development.

Sounds good to me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Already did. They told me it's not up for discussion and all that so I'm not really holding my breath.

An abysmal response but not exactly surprising. You can try asking radMonkey to look into it for you.

Edit: Since it's been several hours, I'll ask again: anybody up for a Strike Vector four-pack? $5.05 (plus PayPal's transaction fee, if applicable) per head. I need three sets of helping hands.

derExperte

Ouch. A few days ago I questioned how they determine who cheated and who didn't because there are a bunch of situations that can look like someone used SAM. This plus that they claim they'll report banned users to Steam makes me already want to stop using Playfire again.

derExperte

Oh, there's a few more than that.

Normally my wife and I prefer to act out our human/dinosaur fantasies in full-on cosplay getup, but when I threw my back out in the incident at the factory last year, I was forced to take a hiatus from donning the 80-pound bakelite triceratops costume I usually instigate our lovemaking sessions with. As the frequency of our booty sessions dwindled over the ensuing months, I tried EVERYTHING -- stegosaurus pheromones, Flintstones reruns, the latest Dinosaur Jr. album -- but nothing worked. I began to despair that our love life was over until I found this book. It has made everything better.

So Payday 2 added crates!

Well it's not like in recent Valve games at all but it's their attempt to address the luck grind with how you acquire weapon mods. Instead of waiting for the RNG gods to give you a mod, you can now somewhat direct your progression by seeking out items in maps to get mods. It's not retroactive, still grindy, and only applies to the new mods on limited in the DLC (which is paid DLC) but it's something.

I'm curious how this turns out. It's too limited now so I'm hesitant to get the DLC but I hope they iterate and somehow expand it out to the regular mods in the game. I would like a Firebreather at some point.

Seems like a good reason to re-install, if they find a way to put the items on the Steam Marketplace so I can make Steam bux. Otherwise, it's back to CS:GO to grind out some cases because: love that game. Also: Steam bux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom