• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
An abysmal response but not exactly surprising. You can try asking radMonkey to look into it for you.

Edit: Since it's been several hours, I'll ask again: anybody up for a Strike Vector four-pack? $5.05 (plus PayPal's transaction fee, if applicable) per head. I need three sets of helping hands.

I think what happened was a bunch of my Play x game for the first time credits from the last month and a half all unlocked at once on my GMG account yesterday and they took this as SAM activity instead of an error with their own system. I sent radMonkey a PM so hopefully someone with some sense can sort this out.

DocSeuss

Some people just gobble up those freebies.

Yeah. Apparently, he's just grabbing up stuff other people didn't. Which I guess is fair, but it's resulting in me getting one receipt a day, every day, from the same person, which is annoying.

Also, I went and counted. Had to edit it. It's not three, it's... eight, so far...

Milamber

Oh, there's a few more than that.

There's even one for Arthea.

2sfn6qI.gif

Vanya is one of the best horse handlers in her regiment. She trains and retrains warhorses, never expecting or wanting more. Until the night that a dragon is dragged into camp in chains. Used to training dangerous animals, Vanya is assigned to tame and train the dragon. She's never encountered a dragon before, but is told that only a woman can train a dragon. As she attempts to reach the wild creature, it resists every trick she knows. When it breaks free and traps her beneath it, it quickly becomes apparent why only a woman can train a dragon. Is Vanya willing to truly tame the dragon? Or will it rip her apart?
VX8sPMo.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think what happened was a bunch of my Play x game for the first time credits from the last month and a half all unlocked at once on my GMG account yesterday and they took this as SAM activity instead of an error with their own system.

That's a rather poor effort if so. It takes all of a few minutes to check somebody's achievement stats for a particular game.

Tizoc

not nearly enough, when we have that many of them as there are games with zombies, we'll be satisfied, I mean myself and Jawmuncher, of course (><)

Fair enough I guess.

EDIT: OH BEFORE I FORGET!

Ran Sleepy Dawgs for the Playfire rewards and it doesn't seem to like my PS4 controller.
Not even DS4tool works well with it, resulting in the Right stick constatnly turning WHEN I am controlling Wei Shen.

How do I make the game work properly with a DS4?

Ask for proof. The only way GMG can ascertain SAM usage is if at least one achievement has a suspicious unlock time (e.g. obviously someone who's only spent an hour with Skyrim couldn't obtain Delver [clear 50 dungeons]).

Edit: Brain fart. Fixed.

Someone in my friends list today managed to unlock the 3 requisite The Ball achievements without unlocking any of the others. Somehow they managed to at least get to the last level to find all the secrets in the game without getting the any of the achievements for finishing all the previous levels! SAM users, you might want to be more subtle maybe?

DocSeuss

Stump should post updated ModBot stats. I'd like to a list of the Top 10 claimers, anonymous (so as to not "name and shame") or otherwise.

Personally, I think modbot should be weighted towards top givers. >_>

I think my ratio of give to get is like 25:1.

In all honesty, I'm actually really happy to give things away and make people super happy. I'm more annoyed seeing a limited number of people pick up a bunch of games.

Oh. Hey. It's 21 games. Next giveaway I do, Kupi, you goin' on the block list. Not that I mind giving games, but good god.

Yeah that's my feeling.

Did you contact them to get your balance resolved or did they contact you?

I just set mine up yesterday, and all my rewards came at once. But definitely didn't get all of them. I wonder if they think it's easier to ban people than resolve their balance issues. Boooo

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
omg the audio samples for those books

(I really shouldn't browse these while logged into my amazon account)

You really should though. Fills up your history and recommendations with some terrible great things.

All of this Modbot talk reminds me that I still have I think two Desura keys that haven't been taken. Please, someone take them. Please.

Deques

In all honesty, I'm actually really happy to give things away and make people super happy. I'm more annoyed seeing a limited number of people pick up a bunch of games.

Oh. Hey. It's 21 games. Next giveaway I do, Kupi, you goin' on the block list. Not that I mind giving games, but good god.

How the heck did he win 21 games from your big giveaway where there are several entrants?

KarmaCow

Seems like a good reason to re-install, if they find a way to put the items on the Steam Marketplace so I can make Steam bux. Otherwise, it's back to CS:GO to grind out some cases because: love that game. Also: Steam bux.

I really doubt you'll be able to make money off it. The system is completely different, I was just being smarmy with the crate stuff.

DocSeuss

How the heck did he win 21 games from your big giveaway where there are several entrants?

I have no clue. But for the past several days, Darth Kupi has won everything he's entered.

FYI, there are still some games that haven't been given away yet. Don't do it for me, do it to stop the Sith.

1953: KGB Unleashed -- MB-3E6E38A91D3B48DF
Dead Space -- MB-CD791E57C7B005CE
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-FB8FAB46DC4C7EFF
Rush Bros -- MB-288C2CFD45903F9C
LOTRO: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-1495799A2427BA53
Magicka -- MB-08CB8BC175B4F88C
And Yet it Moves -- MB-1FEA0EB9456AC95D
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-59B9647E4C560C5C
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-367966FD2AFA145A
Naval Warfare -- MB-E120BE94345AB804
King's Bounty: The Legend -- MB-2BD27A66C4D009B8
Hoard -- MB-9E23DF10D548CB86
Fez -- MB-E5ADD50FA7554611
Dogfight 1942 -- MB-F92FAA75EC0DB9B6

EDIT: how has NO ONE picked up Fez yet?

_hekk05

Banned

Edit: FYI, there are still some games that haven't been given away yet. Don't do it for me, do it to stop the Sith.

Woah. He won most of them legitimately too. They have more than 2 entrants.

I see my name for gun monkeys and hang my head in shame

I have no clue. But for the past several days, Darth Kupi has won everything he's entered.

FYI, there are still some games that haven't been given away yet. Don't do it for me, do it to stop the Sith.

EDIT: how has NO ONE picked up Fez yet?

It should be impossible for one to win multiple games from the same giveaway on the same day when it specifies no winners daily. After the timer, it should be first come first serve

Also fez was in that amazing bundle with guac, antichamber, swapper and dust

oipic

I'm guessing most of those other entrants were, at the time they entered, ineligible - or something like that.

Speaking of ModBot, I take it he's still having server woes? I've been trying to nuke a key for several hours now, but with no joy. I'll try again tomorrow, I guess - I trust Stump has this stuff in hand.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Stump should post updated ModBot stats. I'd like to a list of the Top 10 claimers, anonymous (so as to not "name and shame") or otherwise.

Yeah so would I. But it would most likely engender the type of "end and new thread posts" that were supposed to be mitigated by transitioning the thread to a monthly format.

MUnited83

For you.

It counts as entrants even people who don't qualify for it. The giveaway had rules like not being a lurker, not having won a game the day before, and that you had to do at least one giveaway yourself. The other entrants did not qualify in one or more of those.

DocSeuss

I am actually not wanting to win any games right now, because Tropico 5 is my waifu.

I'm at 999, and I'm wanting it to be 1,000.

aku:jiki

I wish I could've participated in that giveaway, since there were some sweet-ass games in there. Alas, I've never done a giveaway because I'm saving my spares up for two reasons: I want to do a mega-giveaway too, and I want there to be at least one actually desirable game in there. Who really wants C-RUSH or Beatbuddy?

Grief.exe

Someone in my friends list today managed to unlock the 3 requisite The Ball achievements without unlocking any of the others. Somehow they managed to at least get to the last level to find all the secrets in the game without getting the any of the achievements for finishing all the previous levels! SAM users, you might want to be more subtle maybe?

Very Subtle.

Do you have to install playfire? Or is it a website?

I'd be really interested to see the numbers. Anonymous is fine.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I think what happened was a bunch of my Play x game for the first time credits from the last month and a half all unlocked at once on my GMG account yesterday and they took this as SAM activity instead of an error with their own system.
My mom had the same thing happening. Not looking forward to explaining what the hell a SAM is if the Playfire staff thinks that happened because of using a cheat machine. :p
Really don't get why people would use it, makes the rewards less "valuable".

Weird thing; I already unlocked almost every achievement from Arkham City but still got the Playfire rewards. Not complaining, though. They're systems fault, not mine.
Here's hoping that last part stay's that way...

Deques

I'm guessing most of those other entrants were, at the time they entered, ineligible - or something like that.

Speaking of ModBot, I take it he's still having server woes? I've been trying to nuke a key for several hours now, but with no joy. I'll try again tomorrow, I guess - I trust Stump has this stuff in hand.

It counts as entrants even people who don't qualify for it. The giveaway had rules like not being a lurker, not having won a game the day before, and that you had to do at least one giveaway yourself. The other entrants did not qualify in one or more of those.

Did he wait a day to claim another game after he has claimed one? If so has he claimed games from Doc Seuss for almost a month now?

ModBot should take notice about this. Make it self aware!

masterkajo

I started playing The Wolf Among Us today. Played for about 20 minutes and what I have seen so far is really promising. But there is one thing that disturbs me very very much. The messages like "Blabla will remember that" etc. can not be turned off it seems. As anyone found a method for it to be disabled? By fidling with ini files or a mod maybe? There are almost a dealbreaker.

Tizoc

I wish I could've participated in that giveaway, since there were some sweet-ass games in there. Alas, I've never done a giveaway because I'm saving my spares up for two reasons: I want to do a mega-giveaway too, and I want there to be at least one actually desirable game in there. Who really wants C-RUSH or Beatbuddy?

Hook a brutha up with beatbuddy if you got a code to spare~

Deques

I want C-RUSH :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Is the key you're trying to nuke a URL key? If so, stop trying to nuke it and relist the key but add an ampersand at the end.

http://www.buttbundle.com?key=coffeedeadbeef -> http://www.buttbundle.com?key=coffeedeadbeef&

The nuking process requires a level of precision in matching that gets in peoples' way sometimes. If this doesn't work or you're trying to nuke a key rather than a url, can you send me the key and I'll nuke it for you later today?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am actually not wanting to win any games right now, because Tropico 5 is my waifu.

I'm at 999, and I'm wanting it to be 1,000.

If Barbie isn't discounted before the Summer Sale I'll be left with no choice but to store away a significant portion of the games/pieces of software I buy throughout the sale so I don't accidentally pass 2,999. I could buy the game as soon as the sale starts, of course, but knowing my luck it'd show up among the next set of Flash Sales, haha.

DocSeuss

Hey, does anyone know how this GoFundMe stuff works? I'm looking into setting up a campaign after some indie dev people I was talking to recommended it. It's actually for dealing with my health issues--not so much paying for treatment (because who in their right mind would give me $60,000?) as just alleviating the recent pay cut I got as 'punishment' for being sick (my boss is a... strange person, and I'm not having much luck finding other work). I'm looking in to getting on disability, and this'd help until that kicks in.

I just have no idea how to go about one of these successfully, but honestly, I have no idea how else to survive the next few months.

Did he wait a day to claim another game after he has claimed one? If so has he claimed games from Doc Seuss for almost a month now?

ModBot should take notice about this. Make it self aware!

Basically, that is exactly what has been happening. I get one message a day, every day, from modbot saying Darth Kupi has a game.

I don't mind people getting more than 1, but 21 from a single giveaway is absurd.

You could give like... one game away to be eligible?

If you insist. Took one for the team and grabbed Rush Bros.

tumblr_m9rweavvPR1rb9imko6_r1_500.gif

I hope you get a foil from the cards.

oipic

Is the key you're trying to nuke a URL key? If so, stop trying to nuke it and relist the key but add an ampersand at the end.

http://www.buttbundle.com?key=coffeedeadbeef -> http://www.buttbundle.com?key=coffeedeadbeef&

The nuking process requires a level of precision in matching that gets in peoples' way sometimes. If this doesn't work or you're trying to nuke a key rather than a url, can you send me the key and I'll nuke it for you later today?

Ah, I see - it is indeed a URL, Stump. Thanks for the tip, and my apologies for having spammed our resident bot with a handful of needless nuke requests today. Cheers. :)

Nzyme32

I started playing The Wolf Among Us today. Played for about 20 minutes and what I have seen so far is really promising. But there is one thing that disturbs me very very much. The messages like "Blabla will remember that" etc. can not be turned off it seems. As anyone found a method for it to be disabled? By fidling with ini files or a mod maybe? There are almost a dealbreaker.

In the Walking Dead there was a way to turn them off, and I'd assume it's the same for the wolf among us. The only issue is that the option (which I think is under game or gameplay) turns all indicators off as well - so there are no dots on objects you can interact with for example

Deques

Hey, does anyone know how this GoFundMe stuff works? I'm looking into setting up a campaign after some indie dev people I was talking to recommended it. It's actually for dealing with my health issues--not so much paying for treatment (because who in their right mind would give me $60,000?) as just alleviating the recent pay cut I got as 'punishment' for being sick (my boss is a... strange person, and I'm not having much luck finding other work). I'm looking in to getting on disability, and this'd help until that kicks in.

I just have no idea how to go about one of these successfully, but honestly, I have no idea how else to survive the next few months.

It looks a Kickstarter-like site where people can donate to other people who have economic troubles. You should try this if you need those $60k.

JustinBB7

Is lastpass a good idea? I heard about it before but how secure is that? Because everything has leaks like heartbleed shows.

And if I do use it, will I have to change all my passwords on every site all over again? I just read lastpass has a build in heartbleed checker too now so at least that sounds good.

MUnited83

For you.
If Barbie isn't discounted before the Summer Sale I'll be left with no choice but to store away a significant portion of the games/pieces of software I buy throughout the sale so I don't accidentally pass 2,999. I could buy the game as soon as the sale starts, of course, but knowing my luck it'd show up among the next set of Flash Sales, haha.

That reminds me that my 1500th game has to be Mission Runway.

_hekk05

Banned

I attempted to grab dead space, but modbot is still crapping out. Oh well, we'll see if it eventually moves

DocSeuss

It looks a Kickstarter-like site where people can donate to other people who have economic troubles. You should try this if you need those $60k.

I was encouraged to shoot for $800 (essentially, one day a week, every week, for four months), but I don't even expect to be successful.

The kind of luck I have: my brother was given a brand new Ford, entirely free, after his car broke down (it could have been fixed, has less miles than mine ffs) outside a church. I, for my part, have shoes that are getting so worn down, the footprint is almost entirely one solid blob of rubber.

aku:jiki

Hook a brutha up with beatbuddy if you got a code to spare~
I want C-RUSH :D
I will not! Get your own games!

You could give like... one game away to be eligible?
I could, but that'd take the edge off of my first giveaway being as large as I can make it. A huge 2nd giveaway wouldn't make sense, would it? I wasn't complaining about not being able to enter, really. Mostly just wanted to finally post about why I partake in giveaways but never run any myself.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot top ten givers:
JaseC|881 holy shit
xelios|522
The_Super_Inframan|307
Rhaknar|297
jshackles|270
Dusk Golem|266
Lain|209
Hinomura|184
chugen|172
SephirothRK|171

ModBot top ten takers, along with how many games each of the takers has given:
128 | 25 given
126 | 5 given
126 | 46 given
123 | 37 given
121 | 5 given
108 | 3 given
107 | 31 given
106 | 6 given
104 | 32 given
103 | 101 given
101 | 38 given

I attempted to grab dead space, but modbot is still crapping out. Oh well, we'll see if it eventually moves

It's not Modbot crapping out:
GA: Queueing Claims: New claim request _hekk05 for CD791E57C7B005CE 13:14:25.294493 1397135665.29
GA: Claim Process: Poster nominally meets no-lurker requirements: _hekk05 -- 15 13:14:29.575701 1397135669.58
GA: Claim Process: Poster has won in last day: _hekk05. Proof: 1397053921 >1397049269 13:14:29.605424 1397135669.61

The multi-entrant stuff are people who entered but didn't qualify. People on the blocklist, people who are lurkers, people who haven't given games away. Darth Kupi is qualifying for every rule except the "haven't won in the last day", but after a day has passed he qualifies for that again. So it's a "legitimate" use of the system within the confines of the rules in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom