• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Not the first one nor the expansions. 2 and 3 do let you choose the level though, but I guess you were asking about 1. I don't know if there are cheats to jump to a specific level, you may want to search for them.

There we go.

5YW2Twh.png

does Steam not let you select hard drives when preloading games?

Yep.

didamangi

am I missing something or does Steam not let you select hard drives when preloading games?

It doesn't yet which is bs but you can move the depotcache folder which is where the preload stuff is and junction link it if you need the space.

You still end up installing it on your default steam folder but at least it'll save you space somewhat since it'll take double the size while it's decrypting later.

What's the best way to find the cheapest seller of a game? Want to grab Galcal given the founder's pack offer ends at the end of this month. Someone in the forums is selling it for 53 but its only 44 converted so that's a healthy mark up. Just wondering if there's a better deal.

_hekk05

Banned
I lost saves for Brotherhood and Revelations. So anything UPlay does out of the ordinary might make me suspect that it wants to eat my save.

EDIT: Wonder if Watch_Dogs will suffer the same fate.

On the bright side, if it happens to ACIII you can finally stop playing that crap.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Poor indie spring sale.

steam-indie-spring-sale.jpg

By "Spring Sale" I was referring to something comparable to the Summer, Autumn and Winter Sales (i.e. a period where virtually everything is discounted). The Indie Sale was just... an Indie Sale. ;)

Huh, completely forgot there was a Prototype 2 on Steam. Wishlisted for Summer Sale.

EDIT: Oh hey, "Not available in my Region". No wonder.

Well if you can get Prototype 2 gifted to you and at a 75% discount (right now it's still 40$ and the game is a two year old bomb, wtf Activision) , it's totally worth while.

I am getting a game for a friend, its his bday today. I am torn between The Wolf Among Us and The Banner Saga. He has both of these games on his wishlist. I know both games are different just not sure which he would like more. Also, I know he has never played The Walking Dead. But he does read comics, so that's why I am assuming he has it listed. Just not sure if he reads Fables.

What would you pick?

Friend's Profile

I am getting a game for a friend, its his bday today. I am torn between The Wolf Among Us and The Banner Saga. He has both of these games on his wishlist. I know both games are different just not sure which he would like more. Also, I know he has never played The Walking Dead. But he does read comics, so that's why I am assuming he has it listed. Just not sure if he reads Fables.

What would you pick?

Friend's Profile

Based on his profile, the guy seems more into "gameplay" than story with big hours in Rust, Civ 5, binding of isaac etc.

So Banner Saga would be my guess of the two. But I suspect DayZ would be the bigger winner?

zkylon

zkylewd
the more i play it, the more confused i get on why everyone hates ass creed 3

so far i feel it has the best story of any ass creed 3 to date (desmond bits haven't gone stupid yet but really who cares about desmond), setting is alright, ships are dumb but cool distractions, trees are awesome and really it's just same 'ol ass creed, you hold run+forward and you counter people, just like always

i guess maybe it's exhaustion with the series, which is fair, or maybe is the streamlining of the run+forward "mechanics" being kind of buggy, but really, i think i like this waaaaay better than ass bros.

probably cos i really didn't care so much for ezio (tho da vinci was a total bro!) and because virtual tourism works a lot better if i don't visit italy twice :p

Milamber

the more i play it, the more confused i get on why everyone hates ass creed 3

so far i feel it has the best story of any ass creed 3 to date (desmond bits haven't gone stupid yet but really who cares about desmond), setting is alright, ships are dumb but cool distractions, trees are awesome and really it's just same 'ol ass creed, you hold run+forward and you counter people, just like always

i guess maybe it's exhaustion with the series, which is fair, or maybe is the streamlining of the run+forward "mechanics" being kind of buggy, but really, i think i like this waaaaay better than ass bros.

probably cos i really didn't care so much for ezio (tho da vinci was a total bro!) and because virtual tourism works a lot better if i don't visit italy twice :p
Same questions I have, can't understand the hate. Refreshing after too much Ezio.

Conner does act a bit too much butthurt though.

EDIT: Hahaha...

yxNotWl.jpg

Based on his profile, the guy seems more into "gameplay" than story with big hours in Rust, Civ 5, binding of isaac etc.

So Banner Saga would be my guess of the two. But I suspect DayZ would be the bigger winner?

I thought about DayZ too, but he told me he doesn't want to play it until cars are released and other stuff he likes from the original mod, which he plays A LOT of. lol But ya guess ill just go with Banner Saga. Thanks! :)

-MD-

What would you pick?

Friend's Profile

The Wolf Among Us was his (2nd) most recent addition to his list and he placed it at #1.

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong either way, I would love either game if it was me.

DocSeuss

yeah he's pretty whiny with dem daddy issues but he's like a legit good guy, i like him

who doesn't love trees yo

it's like my favorite thing about the game

He's like this random author insert who basically just gets to walk around telling everyone they suck. The whole game goes out of its way to criticize people it thinks were wrongly reified. Not, like, "oh, here's the truth about them," but like "how can we make them look as BAD as possible?"

So, hey, meet Ben Franklin? First thing he tells you, apropos of nothing, is "I like banging old ladies." George Washington? Never anything other than an idiot. Sam Adams? "Hey, don't you own SLAVES?" like, all the time. Can't get enough of reminding the world he owns slaves, because as we all know, modern sensibilities are totally a thing one can apply to the past.

Connor's a whiny, overly-moralistic guy. He doesn't come across as angry about anything, just... "hey you i am connor beep boop why weren't you born in the 1980s boop beep"

Milamber

So there is only like a 30 year difference from Assassin’s Creed® III and Assassin’s Creed™ V®: Unity and Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag takes place before all that?

EDIT: I thought we were going forwards in time!?

zkylon

zkylewd
He's like this random author insert who basically just gets to walk around telling everyone they suck. The whole game goes out of its way to criticize people it thinks were wrongly reified. Not, like, "oh, here's the truth about them," but like "how can we make them look as BAD as possible?"

So, hey, meet Ben Franklin? First thing he tells you, apropos of nothing, is "I like banging old ladies." George Washington? Never anything other than an idiot. Sam Adams? "Hey, don't you own SLAVES?" like, all the time. Can't get enough of reminding the world he owns slaves, because as we all know, modern sensibilities are totally a thing one can apply to the past.

Connor's a whiny, overly-moralistic guy. He doesn't come across as angry about anything, just... "hey you i am connor beep boop why weren't you born in the 1980s boop beep"

wait who are u talking about -_-

Milamber

Deep down inside me, while playing this game, I can't help but think the only reason this was panned as bad is because American reviewers didn't like the Europeans representation of their nations forefathers.

EDIT: I know I'm wrong, but still just a thought.

zkylon

zkylewd
Deep down inside me, while playing this game, I can't help but think the only reason this was panned as bad is because American reviewers didn't like the Europeans representation of their nations forefathers.

i love that

eat it washington!

JaseC

So there is only like a 30 year difference from Assassin’s Creed® III and Assassin’s Creed™ V®: Unity and Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag takes place before all that?

EDIT: I thought we were going forwards in time!?

Well, you are... as far as the modern-day narrative is concerned. In Black Flag you play an Abstergo researcher whose job is to explore genetic memories for stories well-suited for blockbuster media franchises, hence the jump back in time as far as the historical portion of the game is concerned.

Milamber

Well, you are... as far as the modern-day narrative is concerned. In Black Flag you play an Abstergo researcher whose job is to explore genetic memories for stories well-suited for blockbuster media franchises, hence the jump back in time as far as the historical portion of the game is concerned.

As an over arching storyline concern, this should have been a side story instead of a numbered one.

zkylon

zkylewd
i haven't played 4 or finished 3 so i dunno where the desmond story goes but i think it'd be sweet if they just forgot about modern day entirely

no aliens no pokeballs just people sticking swords on other people

Milamber

i haven't played 4 or finished 3 so i dunno where the desmond story goes but i think it'd be sweet if they just forgot about modern day entirely

no aliens no pokeballs just people sticking swords on other people

No way, I want a complete turnabout. I want an actual full progression storyline with modern times.

DocSeuss

wait who are u talking about -_-

Connor

hahahahaha. I don't know if it's cool to link to personal blogs or whatever, so if it isn't, smack me or something. But, uh... I wrote this on the game. Has nothing to do with what I'm saying here. It's a single draft, iirc, so it's probably rough. Short version is that ACIII is a patchwork assemblage of disparate game parts that don't follow the same train of logic, so what you have is a game that's constantly training players various things, promising something, then reneging on that promise and saying "now do THIS instead."

I found myself playing one part for a long time, then stopping and playing another part... I could never jump between them deftly. AC3 is a bunch of very different games in one body, in other words, and they all want different things.

Oh, and the leads were from Montreal, which, last I checked, was still in Quebec.

JaseC

Wait a minute, I think I heard that you can populate your crew in AC IV with your friends. Or am I wrong?

In the SP campaign, the best you can do is assist your friends' ships within the fleet mini-game and share social chest/convoy/whale locations with them (the latter the game handles itself). Maybe MP is different, I don't know; I don't care enough to try it.

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno, i like him, i don't think he's the deepest dude ever or anything but he looks cool and he isn't white which is enough for me

hahahahaha. I don't know if it's cool to link to personal blogs or whatever, so if it isn't, smack me or something. But, uh... I wrote this on the game. Has nothing to do with what I'm saying here. It's a single draft, iirc, so it's probably rough. Short version is that ACIII is a patchwork assemblage of disparate game parts that don't follow the same train of logic, so what you have is a game that's constantly training players various things, promising something, then reneging on that promise and saying "now do THIS instead."

I found myself playing one part for a long time, then stopping and playing another part... I could never jump between them deftly. AC3 is a bunch of very different games in one body, in other words, and they all want different things.

Oh, and the leads were from Montreal, which, last I checked, was still in Quebec.
well yea but feature creep has been the name of the game for the ass creed series even since 1.

it's just a whole bunch of systems that go unused cos you can simply run past people or counter them to death and actually accessing your inventory is too tedius for you to even bother throwing coins or whatever else you could do

but that's not specific to 3, the whole series is stupid like that

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Soulbringer, which was added to the groupees uk bundle, says its steam on the bundle page, but I have no key on my profile, just a download link :/

also, Blade Symphony got cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom