• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't toy with my heart, woman!

Available: April 24th, 2014
This game will unlock in approximately 2 days and 21 hours

iboiQViIUKVSc4.gif

DukeBobby

Cancelled my Dark Souls 2 Black Armor edition pre-order, and got it from GMG for £21.25 using the 25% off code and my playfire money.

Not bad.

Cth

Jeez, modders for Tabletop Simulator have recently added:

Arkham Horror
Fluxx
Unspeakable Words
Pokemon
MtG

And probably a bunch more presumably since I don't check reddit.

Anyways just wanted to point out that there's an active modding community going on if anyone was on the fence about picking up a copy.

Do they Lego games let you just grab things like minikits and just exit the level right there with that progress saved? I had to go back for a Stan Lee in a Marvel level and I really don't want to play the whole level a third time.

Grief.exe

Do F.E.A.R. games allow you to load up specific levels after you have beaten the game?

I seem to have misplaced my save file when I reformatted and I need some help.

I was on Interval 08.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Do they Lego games let you just grab things like minikits and just exit the level right there with that progress saved? I had to go back for a Stan Lee in a Marvel level and I really don't want to play the whole level a third time.

In Lego Hobbit they do so I suspect the same is true for Lego Marvel.

Hanzou

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-5D66C52DDA5EBC72 - Taken by Alduin. 8 entrants total.

t1398143125z1.png

Single code is for the three games listed, Good luck and Enjoy!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Arkham Horror
Fluxx
Unspeakable Words
Pokemon
MtG

Anyways just wanted to point out that there's an active modding community going on if anyone was on the fence about picking up a copy.

Oh wow, this game keeps sounding better and better. 12 bucks is a steep price for a game on Steam, though. I generally avoid paying more than 5 dollars a game now.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Arkham Horror
Fluxx
Unspeakable Words
Pokemon
MtG

Really glad I decided to take up JaseC's offer. Checking around, the games of Clue, Monopoly, and Cards Against Humanity mods also exist.

Well it seems I am 80% of the way through Half Life 2 and I have to say it has been a revelation. Now I understand why it is so well regarded by most and was so highly praised upon its release. I played the original XBOX port years ago but quit part way through Ravenholm when I realised that I was forcing myself to keep playing it rather than because I was actually enjoying it. This time round I've pretty much enjoyed it all from start to finish. Yes, even Ravenholm. Each chapter seems to take an eternity to finish though. Were these considered particularly long when the game was released? I am not much of an FPS fan but the impression I get is that they would be considered overly long these days.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So I just wasted an hour doing a Portal 2 coop achievement only to learn you apparently get achievements in local coop. Ahh. All for 30 cents too!

Zimbardo

what would you guys think is the better game to get @ $33?

South Park: The Stick of Truth
Titanfall

?

i'm thinkin about buying one of them on GreenManGaming, but i'm not really sure which ....kinda leaning towards South Park.

or would you wait and not buy either one right now? :p

anyway, thx.

-MD-

Titanfall

?

i'm thinkin about buying one of them on GreenManGaming, but i'm not really sure which ....kinda leaning towards South Park.

anyway, thx.

South Park. Though it's typically 14 hours or so long for most people so it's up to you if you think getting a multiplayer game will provide more value in the long run.

SP is the best game I've played this year though.

UnrealEck

Titanfall

South Park's short. Pretty shallow gameplay too. Not that challenging either. It's a fun game though if you like the show.

I'd go for Titanfall if you enjoyed the beta or if you like fast-paced CoD style multiplayer shooters.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Do F.E.A.R. games allow you to load up specific levels after you have beaten the game?

I seem to have misplaced my save file when I reformatted and I need some help.

I was on Interval 08.
Not the first one nor the expansions. 2 and 3 do let you choose the level though, but I guess you were asking about 1. I don't know if there are cheats to jump to a specific level, you may want to search for them.

zkylon

zkylewd

Titanfall

?

anyway, thx.
haven't played south park but know that titanfall will bleed you with map packs

Cth

Oh wow, this game keeps sounding better and better. 12 bucks is a steep price for a game on Steam, though. I generally avoid paying more than 5 dollars a game now.

Really glad I decided to take up JaseC's offer. Checking around, the games of Clue, Monopoly, and Cards Against Humanity mods also exist.

In case anyone else needed convincing:

62-3-1398130361.jpg

Here's a list of the mods up on Nexusmods:
http://www.nexusmods.com/tabletopsimulator/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=2

And some of the ones on the official forum:
http://www.berserk-games.com/forum/community-custom-creations/

didamangi

Apparently you can't get achievements in splitscreen. so no. :)

I for sure did the Portal Conservation Society cheevo in local and nothing popped.

Wrote this yesterday:

Achievements are disabled in local coop sadly, though there is a way around it.

- Enable console in the keyboard options
- Click "Play Cooperative" and wait for it to load the friends list.
- Bring up the console and type ss_map mp_coop_start

Be wary this will unlock all the chapters after the first tutorial though, so you'll get the achievements for finishing all the coop maps, though the playfire rewards didn't include that so no big deal.

Yeah I didn't feel healthy after Hobbit. And yet I'm still tempted to do LOTR and Marvel up to 100%.

I know that dark urge. I want to start Batman 2 since I'm on this comic kick now but I know it'll melt away another 30 hours of my life when I have real life responsibilities that need some tending to.

mannerbot

I kinda want to actually play the coop mode. :)

add me here and we can probably knock out a few levels today. 2 of the achievements are in the first 3 test chambers.

Oh, your earlier post was about trying to get an achievement in local splitscreen only to find out that you don't get achievement for doing that. You were missing a "don't" in your post so I thought you meant that you would've had a way easier time doing it yourself in local. But if it took you an hour for just the one achievement maybe I don't wanna do these after all? u_u

alr1ght

Well it was mostly trying to figure out how to do a specific room, which I've got down pretty much now. You still have to play through the coop to unlock the rooms, though.

So Prototype 2 is all kinds of stupid fun. Been playing a New Game+ on Hard and burned through roughly half the game in one sitting. It's just so much fun navigating the openworld because the controls are so simple, it's just two buttons. Just two buttons but they allow you to do so much so effortlessly and it's so satisfying. You'll be running up walls, vaulting over anything in your way, running as fast as the Flash, leaping over buildings and flying through the air like Superman. I might actually 100% this game in fairly short order, there's only 5 achievements left to get.

ED2BF889745A078082CD2C99F526C00B4160AA16

E3A54FE549B128E6563E3760EF4C5A8D68C0B188

D7929707F3FAE3E7574220B150EDDAAA7FFD98B4

Heller smash!
969A2DFB710472135FF56BF1590D433A82D7A7EB

Heavy armor Heller skin
251208A0CD31F0CA70BAAD2B8DB37FB1E3B9841F

1B167A24F68D989EF47C69A417897F4FA9425208

ADEB34BDC6A0659C1A9E4E63D12789DBC413FEE0

Alex Mercer skin you can unlock by completing challenges and openworld activities
D58AB8FD3C39E4A269B2B338CD0CB4186F85F0A6

Zombie Alex Mercer skin, Heller's voice is replaced with Zombie growls.
A9358ED201DF999546B69A6EF448375F7181A024

Zombie Heller skin, same thing with the voice. Zombie growls for the in-game dialogue and cutscenes. The rendered cinematics still shows regular Heller.
421EFDFB3825567E7242FF94D593E2EEA5A9F700

mannerbot

Well it was mostly trying to figure out how to do a specific room, which I've got down pretty much now. You still have to play through the coop to unlock the rooms, though.

Yeah, I played through all of coop a while ago but somehow I didn't get a single achievement for it, weird stuff. Would that be an issue?

Milamber

So Prototype 2 is all kinds of stupid fun. Been playing a New Game+ on Hard and burned through roughly half the game in one sitting. It's just so much fun navigating the openworld because the controls are so simple, it's just two buttons. Just two buttons but they allow you to do so much so effortlessly and it's so satisfying. You'll be running up walls, vaulting over anything in your way, running as fast as the Flash, leaping over buildings and flying through the air like Superman. I might actually 100% this game in fairly short order, there's only 5 achievements left to get.

Huh, completely forgot there was a Prototype 2 on Steam. Wishlisted for Summer Sale.

EDIT: Oh hey, "Not available in my Region". No wonder.

alr1ght

Yeah, I played through all of coop a while ago but somehow I didn't get a single achievement for it, weird stuff. Would that be an issue?

Local? If you have all the test chambers unlocked via online co-op I'm assuming you could host (and choose the level) and I could show how to do that specific achievement.

Huh, completely forgot there was a Prototype 2 on Steam. Wishlisted for Summer Sale.
plenty of prototypes on Steam these days. :)

mannerbot

Local? If you have all the test chambers unlocked via online co-op I'm assuming you could host (and choose the level) and I could show how to do that specific achievement.

No, I did them online. I hope that I have the test chambers unlocked but yeah, not sure.

Anteater

EDIT: Oh hey, "Not available in my Region". No wonder.

Same, didn't know there's a prototype 2 on pc

and it's not available for my region either, I kind of like how publishers like to hide all these games from me, to make sure I can't give them money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom