• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I started to play Year Walk. I'm not feeling it, it has interesting background and atmosphere, and puzzles are clever, musical one (fifth step of it) gave me some troubles even with my perfect pitch (><). I wanna like it, but it's not my type of the game, it seems. OTOH, Dusk Golem should love it.
I stopped at dead babies search this time, not sure I'll continue

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I started to play Year Walk. I'm not feeling it, it has interesting background and atmosphere, and puzzles are clever, musical one (fifth step of it) gave me some troubles even with my perfect pitch (><). I wanna like it, but it's not my type of the game, it seems. OTOH, Dusk Golem should love it.
I stopped at dead babies search this time, not sure I'll continue

I didn't think it was all that great. Puzzles felt disjointed, story wasn't all that there and I never found the way the game made the mythological creatures into game elements all that intriguing. I had way more fun looking up the myths that did exist as well as the basis for the Year Walk itself. It was surprisingly difficult thanks to a lot of these old subjects being relegated to European folklore textbooks.

Arthea

I didn't think it was all that great. Puzzles felt disjointed, story wasn't all that there and I never found the way the game made the mythological creatures into game elements all that intriguing. I had way more fun looking up the myths that did exist as well as the basis for the Year Walk itself. It was surprisingly difficult thanks to a lot of these old subjects being relegated to European folklore textbooks.

ya, I too think that it's more interesting to research on what a game is based on than actually play it. a pity, really

edited: gamersgate Spring sale is bad, funny how bad (><)

zkylon

zkylewd
it's kinda funny tho how ass creed 3 makes the french look like really good guys

like i just chuckled hearing the dudes aboard your ship scream with joy TEH FRENCH ARE COMING!!!

ubisoft so cute lol

<3

Wait, no, I mean I'm on to you!

dang

Arthea

it's kinda funny tho how ass creed 3 makes the french look like really good guys

like i just chuckled hearing the dudes aboard your ship scream with joy TEH FRENCH ARE COMING!!!

ubisoft so cute lol

dang

what do you mean by this?! French are good guys!
I dropped AssCreed3 before getting to better parts, it seems, but damn if it isn't boring like I don't know what, well, maybe less than original AssCreed, but still...

on the side note, we all should make year walking through our steam libraries. Who knows what we would find in there? OTOH, it might be dangerous (><)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
In the SP campaign, the best you can do is assist your friends' ships within the fleet mini-game and share social chest/convoy/whale locations with them (the latter the game handles itself). Maybe MP is different, I don't know; I don't care enough to try it.

MP doesn't include ships, only the standard AC multiplayer. The devs couldn't (or more likely didn't have enough power from the consoles to) make ship based MP work because each player had to mirror the wave patterns of one another.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wonder how they'll treat their AC V French Revolution characters then.
hopefully the same way they're treating washy and co., it'd really suck if suddenly all frenchies are nice people lol

also fingers crossed for marquis de sade to play da vinci in air conditioner 5

what do you mean by this?! French are good guys!
I dropped AssCreed3 before getting to better parts, it seems, but damn if it isn't boring like I don't know what, well, maybe less than original AssCreed, but still...

on the side note, we all should make year walking through our steam libraries. Who knows what we would find in there? OTOH, it might be dangerous (><)
hmm all this year walk talk i feel left out...

also i dunno about better parts, it's still climbing random buildings, nothing more than that. i enjoy it in mild doses but won't go around picking feathers and shit

Anthropomorphised baguettes waving white flags.
i expect templars and assassins fighting over different types of cheese

Arthea

I started playing Cogs, I like it, except timing nature of all game, puzzles are interesting, and imagine my surprise, when I found out that you almost 100% it. You couldn't be taking it for AssCreed, could you? (><)

That wasn't me exactly: I couldn't be bothered doing the heavy lifting for the game during the Portal 2 early release ARG and so I used someone else's save to reach the level where the ARG hook was located. If I'd known that the save was as comprehensive as it was I would've played the game myself or at least used a different one.

oh! (><)
that explains it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I started playing Cogs, I like it, except timing nature of all game, puzzles are interesting, and imagine my surprise, when I found out that you almost 100% it. You couldn't be taking it for AssCreed, could you? (><)

That wasn't me exactly: I couldn't be bothered doing the heavy lifting for the game during the Portal 2 early release ARG and so I used someone else's save to reach the level where the ARG hook was located. If I'd known that the save was as comprehensive as it was I would've played the game myself or at least used a different one.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Could someone check something for me. Are all the thumbnails on my Artwork Showcase broken?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jediyoshi/

Looks like it's the case between FF and Chrome.

Yup, lookin that way.

gZGKTXk.png

zkylon

zkylewd
female main assassin could be alright, tho bromances are half the fun about the ass creed series

like ezio - da vinci and connon - sam adams

but if we gonna have to go with a female ninja chick seems the way to go

Arthea

female main assassin could be alright, tho bromances are half the fun about the ass creed series

like ezio - da vinci and connon - sam adams

but if we gonna have to go with a female ninja chick seems the way to go

I'm OK with this, we generally need more ninjas in games, and female ninjas are even better!
then again Ubi would make her just climb the walls anyways, most of the time :\

Dr Dogg

Wonder how they'll treat their AC V French Revolution characters then.

Marie Antoinette in a starting role feeding the peasants of Paris brioche despite it being a known to be a misappropriation and that she never said "Let them eat cake."

I swear AC has gone all Star Trek now in that every even game is good but the odd ones bad.

Edit: Oh and I assume that Sexy Assassin's search tab is for "research" right?

zkylon

zkylewd
Marie Antoinette in a starting role feeding the peasants of Paris brioche despite it being a known to be a misappropriation that she said "Let them eat cake."

I swear AC has gone all Star Trek now in that every even game is good but the odd ones bad.
which is confusing since

1 - air conditioner 1
2 - air conditioner 2
3 - air conditioner bros
4 - air conditioner capapcom reveraitons
5 - air conditioner 3
6 - air conditioner pirates

u know, as far as main entries go

I'm OK with this, we generally need more ninjas in games, and female ninjas are even better!
then again Ubi would make her just climb the walls anyways, most of the time :\
she could climb pagodas!

there's no pagoda climbing in any prior ass creed

Dr Dogg

which is confusing since

1 - air conditioner 1
2 - air conditioner 2
3 - air conditioner bros
4 - air conditioner capapcom reveraitons
5 - air conditioner 3
6 - air conditioner pirates

But Brotherhood was great.

I'm kind of rolling on the theme of the Assassin you play as and the games they are in as one entry. So AC 1& AC Bloodlines which you play as Altair as one entry. AC II, the DS game, Brohood and Revelations as another, ACIII & Liberation as another and so on.

Prepare for the worst, expect... Well expect running around stabbing and collecting things.

zkylon

zkylewd
gotta love these ass creed bugs

just killed a guard that talked in a woman's voice

also my sword randomly floated about and killed some other dude

Dr Dogg

1389838555985.png

AssCreed games are true successors for Rare's N64 collectathons.

I think playing so many point and click adventure games as a kid has somewhat conditioned me. Sure you can't go around clicking everything in the environment looking for oddities, or rubbing every item together to see if it combine or prodding everyone you meet with your entire inventory in current games but checking off list had replaced it. Ubi are the kings and queens of the checklist game.

They base their entire main storyline on their Brand team!?

Considering AC is their biggest banker, UbiSoft can't afford a flop.

Arthea

Ubi should make leap of fate and do something nobody expects them to do with AssCreed.
like playing not an assassin, but being assassinated one (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom