• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Do we know yet if the Metro Collecton coming to Next Gen consoles is getting any actual beefy updates for it's release? Since I know it's coming to PC as well. Though they could just lazy it up and just bundle the two if they aren't already.

The_Monk

This thread

Regarding anything that is wrong, bragging, or immoral:

T7q7szK.gif

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

$19.99

Will wait for 75% off

Nice, never finished playing it through family sharing because I got frustrated with the no kill run so I'll probably just pick this up soon.

I'm not going to name any names, but I've seen one where the person unlocked every single Super Meat Boy achievement simultaneously (i.e. with the same timestamp), and had like 2 hours total on the game. Dude, come on, if you're going to do that, at least try to not make it so blatant.

Yeah, I saw Portal 2 with 48/51 achievements done in like 9 hours. Super super obvious bullshit.

Poker Night at the inventory with like half an hour played and some really hard achievements already completed.

fantomena

Im really sorry if i have caused any sort of angryness, disturbance etc. for what ive done. I have no intention that anyone will forgive me, so I will take responsiblity and leave NeoGAF if that's needed.

_hekk05

Banned
I will still use SAM to idle for cards. But nothing else.

That's like when a teacher catches a student with a lighter, and said student had been caught and reprimanded for smoking prior to this, and the student's excuse is "But I'm not gonna use it to smoke".

That's lame yo.

Edit: I'm not on a witch hunt. I just want fantomena to tell us he's gonna stop using SAM.

nexen

Speaking of playfire: my rewards aren't registering very well.

I'd estimate only about 1 in 4 of 'first time played' ones are popping.

Also none of the achievement ones are registering for games where I earned the achievement before signing up to playfire. Is that the way it is supposed to be?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh man the custom challenges are hilarious in Batman Origins. This is what the challenge rooms should have been all along. I got 2/3 stars on the first round of a map thanks to the electric fists. It was amazing.

_hekk05

Banned

It must really be your first time playing it in steam, not just after you've joined playfire.

Also none of the achievement ones are registering for games where I earned the achievement before signing up to playfire. Is that the way it is supposed to be?

Yes.

Kiru

Speaking of playfire: my rewards aren't registering very well.

I think you would only get the achievement rewards for the current stuff at the time of registering, not really old past stuff.

Kiru

It must really be your first time playing it in steam, not just after you've joined playfire.
Was there one for Poker Night at the Inventory 1 ? Because I also didn't get the first time play reward there. Maybe it's a common bug.

EDIT: I was wrong, got the one for Poker, but I'm missing one for Gun Monkeys.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hey y'all. Because I love Steam GAF I thought I'd post some numbers here that I won't be posting or linking anywhere else. Thought it would be interesting to see how a game fares on the Weeklong deals.

My game, Cook, Serve, Delicious! went on sale along with 42 other games during 4/14 thru 4/21. Here's the breakdown:

-In total, CSD was the second worst discount of the sale overall at 30% off ($3 off the $10 price), with one other game opting for 10% off (one game bundle was 20% off, however that resulted in a substantial discount of $50 off the $250 price). Eight games had a 50% off discount, and 25 other games went with 60% off or more. I got to choose that discount, of course. I had a few questions from people asking why the discount wasn't as low as they'd like it.

-Alongside the sale I did a new update that introduced controller support, a harder difficulty and new game plus, among other additions. It's hard to gauge how much that pushed the game, as quite a few people seemed happy with it but I didn't see a large amount of shift in terms of coverage. Most YouTube personalities who are covering the game on a weekly basis are still doing so without any of the new features affecting their play styles. My own YouTube vid showcasing the new 2.5 features got about 85 hits total, haha. Having controller support does allow my game to show up in controller enabled game filters and such, however, so exposure on Steam has definitely increased to some degree.

-I was also able to be featured in the new Updates category, however that was buried fairly quickly with update news from other games.

-The last discount for CSD was in December during the Steam Sale, at 50% off and a 75% off flash sale.

My goal was to have double the daily revenue I usually see...and man, that got surpassed pretty quick! Really happy with the results. While the first day of the sale was the largest by far, with a nearly 14x revenue I usually see on a Monday, that's mainly due to being featured on the front page as part of the Weeklong Deals. However sales still stayed pretty strong all the way into the next Monday.

Overall I made $14,243 in gross sales for the week long sales event, which is way more than I had anticipated. I think that's really good for the second weakest discount of the sale, during a non-major sales event, with little exposure on Steam aside from the first day's deal link on the front page.

If you really want to see how well you can do on a sale using the midweek madness or other one game promotional sales, Dustforce devs have a great breakdown (they made about 9x in three days). But yeah, for something I did on my own I'm really thrilled. I'm curious to see how sales will do this week now that I'm back to normal price.

Twinduct

Hey y'all. Because I love Steam GAF I thought I'd post some numbers here that I won't be posting or linking anywhere else. Thought it would be interesting to see how a game fares on the Weeklong deals.

My game, Cook, Serve, Delicious! went on sale along with 42 other games during 4/14 thru 4/21. Here's the breakdown:

-In total, CSD was the second worst discount of the sale overall at 30% off ($3 off the $10 price), with one other game opting for 10% off (one game bundle was 20% off, however that resulted in a substantial discount of $50 off the $250 price). Eight games had a 50% off discount, and 25 other games went with 60% off or more. I got to choose that discount, of course. I had a few questions from people asking why the discount wasn't as low as they'd like it.

-Alongside the sale I did a new update that introduced controller support, a harder difficulty and new game plus, among other additions. It's hard to gauge how much that pushed the game, as quite a few people seemed happy with it but I didn't see a large amount of shift in terms of coverage. Most YouTube personalities who are covering the game on a weekly basis are still doing so without any of the new features affecting their play styles. My own YouTube vid showcasing the new 2.5 features got about 85 hits total, haha. Having controller support does allow my game to show up in controller enabled game filters and such, however, so exposure on Steam has definitely increased to some degree.

-I was also able to be featured in the new Updates category, however that was buried fairly quickly with update news from other games.

-The last discount for CSD was in December during the Steam Sale, at 50% off and a 75% off flash sale.

My goal was to have double the daily revenue I usually see...and man, that got surpassed pretty quick! Really happy with the results. While the first day of the sale was the largest by far, with a nearly 14x revenue I usually see on a Monday, that's mainly due to being featured on the front page as part of the Weeklong Deals. However sales still stayed pretty strong all the way into the next Monday.

Overall I made $14,243 for the week long sales event, which is way more than I had anticipated. I think that's really good for the second weakest discount of the sale, during a non-major sales event, with little exposure on Steam aside from the first day's deal link on the front page.

If you really want to see how well you can do on a sale using the midweek madness or other one game promotional sales, Dustforce devs have a great breakdown (they made about 9x in three days). But yeah, for something I did on my own I'm really thrilled. I'm curious to see how sales will do this week now that I'm back to normal price.

Awesome Job man! Personally I've been eyeing to get it on my tablet. Just waiting for a period where I don't do a daily flash.

bronson

Chubigans - Unrelated to the Weeklong Deals, but I was curious: Have Steam Trading Cards paid off for you in a meaningful way? So far, would you say you've gotten a decent return on the time/effort you spent putting them together? Or is it just something for fans, another part of the feature set?

fantomena

Overall I made $14,243 for the week long sales event, which is way more than I had anticipated. I think that's really good for the second weakest discount of the sale, during a non-major sales event, with little exposure on Steam aside from the first day's deal link on the front page.

Holy shit, that's awesome. :) Are you in development on a new game btw?

Dr Dogg

I noticed that CSD popped up in the updates category before the Weeklong Deals came up. You've been in there a couple of time now? How much difference do you think the added visibilities makes, if only for a minute or two hahaha.

Congrats by the way on what sounds like a great sale for you.

Congrats Chubigans!

Wonder if they will lock some ES dlc behind this release as well.

I hope they don't do it, they already locked some exclusive content for EL in Dungeon of the Endless, or if they do it at least release it later for purchase.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Congrats Chubigans, that's really awesome. CSD is quite a lot of fun so I'm glad more people are getting to enjoy it now.

Jawmuncher

Chubigans - Unrelated to the Weeklong Deals, but I was curious: Have Steam Trading Cards paid off for you in a meaningful way? So far, would you say you've gotten a decent return on the time/effort you spent putting them together? Or is it just something for fans, another part of the feature set?

Curious about this as well since no one has talked much about Steam Cards.

Volimar

Im really sorry if i have caused any sort of angryness, disturbance etc. for what ive done. I have no intention that anyone will forgive me, so I will take responsiblity and leave NeoGAF if that's needed.

Cut off a finger and we'll call it square.

I don't know what the big deal is.

Kiru

Got a question with using a Wii U Pro Controller on PC. I was planning to buy a Wii U down the line anyway as I got the Wind Waker HD Limited Edition here that I can't even play lol. Wanted to use the controller with the Mayflash adapter to make it work as a Xbox one, but people kept saying the layout is different. My question now is, does that even bother me at all when I never ever in my life played on a Xbox controller ? I mean do games actually get more uncomfortable if you have to press the same button shown on the screen but it's only in a different position than for regular Xbox users?

Cth

[..]

Congrats! I appreciate the glimpse behind the scenes as a hobbyist developer. Glad to hear the new update was received well!

Jawmuncher

Was this already posted? : http://groupees.com/spotlight16

Go Go Nippon for 1$.

Holy Shit now it's a dollar.
It sold 10K in it's first week and the Devs said that was a huge success for them. I'm guessing they're really trying to get word of mouth out for whatever they put up next on the steam store.

SteamGAF you all better by this. It's a damn dollar now. It's a lot of fun and not a bad introduction to Visual Novels for those who haven't dabbled in that yet.

Deques

If you just stop all the bragging then you won't have this kind of discussion again. Just don't brag anymore, please

Aitor

What the fudge....so many 75% discounts on licensed Activision games.....must resist and only buy Time Shift...Singularity...

Of the 3 Cabela's games, what is the one that I should get?

dream

I'm afraid that may be the only option.

Echoplx

I hope they don't do it, they already locked some exclusive content for EL in Dungeon of the Endless, or if they do it at least release it later for purchase.

I just checked the forums again and apparently the ES faction will be free for everyone once DotE launches, hopefully it's the same for EL.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I have a confession GAF.

I did something to unlock Super Meat Boy achievements years ago that I had already slaved for on the Xbox 360 so I could get the Golden Potato for the Portal 2 event and Playfire paid me 30 cents for them.

Can I write GMG a check? I feel so terrible I carved SMB into my chest, I can't sleep I can't eat. Please GAF make it stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom