• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Thanks y'all!

Is that after Steam's cut or before?

Before Steam cut, I should probably point that out. Updated my post.

Chubigans - Unrelated to the Weeklong Deals, but I was curious: Have Steam Trading Cards paid off for you in a meaningful way? So far, would you say you've gotten a decent return on the time/effort you spent putting them together? Or is it just something for fans, another part of the feature set?

I think it's a cool feature and something I'll definitely do for future games. It's easy exposure and a nice extra bit of money. I dunno how much I can say about the revenue split on trading cards and such, what do y'all know about that so far?

Holy shit, that's awesome. :) Are you in development on a new game btw?

I am, one that I'm super excited about but haven't announced any details on, probably for a while. Eying an early 2015 release.

I noticed that CSD popped up in the updates category before the Weeklong Deals came up. You've been in there a couple of time now? How much difference do you think the added visibilities makes, if only for a minute or two hahaha.

Congrats by the way on what sounds like a great sale for you.

Yeah it's weird that it can still show up on rotations in the Update category. I'm not complaining though! :D

Gotta run out for a sec, I'll follow up on any questions when I get back if there are any.

Dr Dogg

I don't know if I'm going mental but since when did Steam start showing which people in your freinds list are using Big Picture Mode and more importantly why does it tell you? Is it a case of "Hey we got this new mode yet that you have to try" kind of deal you think?

Jawmuncher

I have a confession GAF.

I did something to unlock Super Meat Boy achievements years ago that I had already slaved for on the Xbox 360 so I could get the Golden Potato for the Portal 2 event and Playfire paid me 30 cents for them.

Can I write GMG a check? I feel so terrible I carved SMB into my chest, I can't sleep I can't eat. Please GAF make it stop

Buy a game without using your credit and all is forgiven.

_hekk05

Banned
Holy Shit now it's a dollar.
It sold 10K in it's first week and the Devs said that was a huge success for them. I'm guessing they're really trying to get word of mouth out for whatever they put up next on the steam store.

SteamGAF you all better by this. It's a damn dollar now. It's a lot of fun and not a bad introduction to Visual Novels for those who haven't dabbled in that yet.

I don't wanna buy stuff with my debit card though. Haiz

Cth

Got a question with using a Wii U Pro Controller on PC. I was planning to buy a Wii U down the line anyway as I got the Wind Waker HD Limited Edition here that I can't even play lol. Wanted to use the controller with the Mayflash adapter to make it work as a Xbox one, but people kept saying the layout is different. My question now is, does that even bother me at all when I never ever in my life played on a Xbox controller ? I mean do games actually get more uncomfortable if you have to press the same button shown on the screen but it's only in a different position than for regular Xbox users?

Button layout wise, probably not if you've never played on an xbox before.

Thumbstick would be the only remaining obstacle.. on PS3 and Xbox, the buttons are above the thumbstick. For years having my brain trained to reach up to hit buttons from the thumbstick became an issue because I had to reach down to hit the buttons which felt unnatural movement wise.

If you use the D pad it may not be an issue, but I never liked D pad controls. I see why they did the layout that way.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I think it's a cool feature and something I'll definitely do for future games. It's easy exposure and a nice extra bit of money. I dunno how much I can say about the revenue split on trading cards and such, what do y'all know about that so far?
They tell you it's a 20/10 split when you sell something on the Market

I don't know if I'm going mental but since when did Steam start showing which people in your freinds list are using Big Picture Mode and more importantly why does it tell you? Is it a case of "Hey we got this new mode yet that you have to try" kind of deal you think?
It's had that indication all along. I dunno why it's a necessary distinction but I guess it's no different than the mobile and browser chat indicators.

I have a confession GAF.

I did something to unlock Super Meat Boy achievements years ago that I had already slaved for on the Xbox 360 so I could get the Golden Potato for the Portal 2 event and Playfire paid me 30 cents for them.

Can I write GMG a check? I feel so terrible I carved SMB into my chest, I can't sleep I can't eat. Please GAF make it stop
dave is not ok

Kiru

Button layout wise, probably not if you've never played on an xbox before.

Thumbstick would be the only remaining obstacle.. on PS3 and Xbox, the buttons are above the thumbstick. For years having my brain trained to reach up to hit buttons from the thumbstick became an issue because I had to reach down to hit the buttons which felt unnatural movement wise.

If you use the D pad it may not be an issue, but I never liked D pad controls. I see why they did the layout that way.

Thank you for your input. Sounds okay for me.

My mom just said I have birthday tommorrow.

I did not even remember my birthday. What.

HOW

Bundlestars Conquest Bundle:

• A Game of Dwarves Gold (includes Pets, Star Dwarves & Ale Pack DLCs)
  • King Arthur II: The Role Playing Wargame
  • Call of Juarez
  • American Conquest
  • Lucius
  • Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars
  • Cossacks: European Wars
  • 99 Levels to Hell
  • Ballpoint Universe - Infinite
  • Incoming Forces
  • Xpand Rally Xtreme
  • Hyper Fighters

I have a confession GAF.

How do you sleep at night?

I literally and figuratively don't believe this.

Dr Dogg

It's had that indication all along. I dunno why it's a necessary distinction but I guess it's no different than the mobile and browser chat indicators.

Huh weird that I've only just noticed it. Maybe not that many peeps on my friends list use BPM. Only thing I can think as to why it's there as a notification is to let people know if you send someone a message you might be waiting a loooong time for a reply if they're not used to the text input of BPM.

Grief.exe

I think you got distracted by the Cthulhu sale which was running at the same time :p

Yeah was $2.49 on the 20th April. Ah well there will probably be another etailer who has a sale on in and around Wolf '14's release. If not it's always on sale during Quakecon... which is in August.

I was in Vegas so my browsing potential was limited. I heard about the Cthulhu sale from quickly browsing the Steam thread.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Nice info chubigans!
I haven't dedicated much time to the game yet (it's the type of game that it's easy for the screw up real hard XD), but at least have got a couple of friends to buy it :)

I remember reading that the Jurassic Park game wasn't exactly good, but I can't really assess that as the game keeps crashing past the prologue :(
Looks like I won't get the playfire achievements in time
also fuck that straight flush achievement :mad:

Thats like my last birthday.... i didnt knew that i had birthday 2 months later after i looked at my passport.

Groupees seems to have a problem with Paypal right now.

Yeah seems like Smash Bros. I hope they get some Indie Games Characters. That would be awesome. To beat the hell out of Bastion Kid with Super Meat Boy.

Twinduct

Maybe birthdays are not so "important" to me anymore. Im growing up I guess.

Don't get me wrong, it's not about being important. It's just one of those things like your cellphone number. Shit is suppose to have been ingrained if only because it happens so many times.

I actually blame my 2nd grade teacher for it, wrote that date like a thousand times.

It's been the most enjoyable thing I have played all year no joke.
Haven't played much granted but still.
Hah, I was just doing an impression of the seemingly easy to impress MC which is pretty much the extent of my knowledge on the game. By most enjoyable do you mean it's bad in a good way, or just good? I'm blank on it.

fantomena

Don't get me wrong, it's not about being important. It's just one of those things like your cellphone number. Shit is suppose to have been ingrained if only because it happens so many times.

I actually blame my 2nd grade teacher for it, wrote that date like a thousand times.

Yeah, I see.

Sometimes when I check that I have my school laptop in my back 10 times before I go to bed, and when I go to school next monring somehow I have forgotten the laptop...

That's some weird shit.

Tellaerin

Possibilities:

1.) That may not be your mom. Check carefully to make sure this woman didn't accidentally wander in from another house and mistake you for her son.

2.) You may actually be a clone. Play along with your "family" for now, and escape as soon as possible. It's not safe there.

3.) Senility may be setting in. This is especially true if your age is approaching the triple digits. Consult your physician... if you can remember who he is. Or who you are.

Good luck, man. Be careful out there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Alright GAF - Transformers: War for Cybertron or Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Maybe birthdays are not so "important" to me anymore. Im growing up I guess.
That can't be it.

I'm trying really hard to make a Lost themed joke but I can't think of any good ones.
Should really rewatch the series oneday.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Hmm... Is Castle of Illusion worth getting? I heard it has locked resolution and framerate.
Those two have been fixed in a patch. Well, it's still locked, but at 60FPS instead of 30.

Really enjoyed my time with the game. Simple platforming fun. It's quite short though, around three hours.

Dr Dogg

Alright GAF - Transformers: War for Cybertron or Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines?

Deus Ex with Vampires, Vampires! You know it makes sense.

Honestly dude whatever takes your fancy. I don't know how much replayability either of the Transformers games have after you've played them once (don't they have co-op as well?) but Bloodlines has replayability in spades. If not just for the differing dialogue choices and boy can they get whacky.

i recommend ppl not go through with this Poker Night 2 achievement '%1'

you need to win about 13 tournaments in a row, which can take 20 minutes or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom