• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Thanks to JaseC for helping me get Republic Commando! Hasn't been on sale for years so decided to pull the trigger on a Russian copy.

Dunno, whether I'm excited enough to cancel my cheaper retail copy which is delayed and get the digital version of dark souls 2. Hmm, choices.

I would place playing the game at a higher priority than the Black Armor edition, and I love the BAE.

Cheddahz

Banned
Dunno, whether I'm excited enough to cancel my cheaper retail copy which is delayed and get the digital version of dark souls 2. Hmm, choices.

If you really want the Black Armor Edition, it normally pops up on Amazon Warehouse Deals for around $70 (it comes with the game, which you could just sell off or trade in, making all of the extras only $20 to $30)

fantomena

Thank you based trading cards.

77e6a224bb.png

raining-money.gif

Zafir

If you really want the Black Armor Edition, it normally pops up on Amazon Warehouse Deals for around $70 (it comes with the game, which you could just sell off or trade in, making all of the extras only $20 to $30)
Well, I'm from the uk hence the delay issue. I may just get a digital copy and sell the key from the retail edition in though. Will have to see how cheap I can get the digital edition for.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I really hope some of these really blatant SAM abusers don't ruin Playfire rewards for the rest of us. I mean I have seen some profiles where people aren't even trying to cover their tracks.

Cheddahz

Banned
Well, I'm from the uk hence the delay issue. I may just get a digital copy and sell the key from the retail edition in though. Will have to see how cheap I can get the digital edition for.

Ahh alright (had no idea you were in the UK). Your idea is probably your best bet if you really do want the Black Armor Edition though (I'll admit, it does look sweet)

Hello again, you came back!

The user probably tried out the first Crash Bandicoot, got frustrated that he/she kept on dying for dumb reasons, and broke their Vita in frustration

HoosTrax

I really hope some of these really blatant SAM abusers don't ruin Playfire rewards for the rest of us. I mean I have seen some profiles where people aren't even trying to cover their tracks.
I'm not going to name any names, but I've seen one where the person unlocked every single Super Meat Boy achievement simultaneously (i.e. with the same timestamp), and had like 2 hours total on the game. Dude, come on, if you're going to do that, at least try to not make it so blatant.

Grief.exe

I'm not going to name any names, but I've seen one where the person unlocked every single Super Meat Boy achievement simultaneously (i.e. with the same timestamp), and had like 2 hours total on the game. Dude, come on, if you're going to do that, at least try to not make it so blatant.

That would be horrible if the service had to be cut back or disbanded due to the cheaters. Hopefully Playfire can find a way to ban those users as I enjoy the service.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yet another small piece of evidence to suggest Pride of Nations may be on its way back: the developer and publisher details for the game's four pieces of DLC were just changed:

Changed publisher – Paradox Interactive › Slitherine Ltd.
Changed homepage – www.prideofnationsgame.com › http://www.ageod.co.uk/products/486/details/Pride.of.Nations
Changed developer – Paradox Development Studio › Ageod

I'm still waiting on Rise of Prussia, AGEOD.

Thanks to JaseC for helping me get Republic Commando! Hasn't been on sale for years so decided to pull the trigger on a Russian copy.

saoirsepattycake7ojy8.gif

Deques

how...
aren't cards avg like 10cents each

I made a rough estimation on how many games it took for fantomena to get that much money.
If cards were sold at 6 euro cent per card and each game had like 8 cards. It would required around 300 games to get around €150. That's around 2500 cards. A lot of clicking and confirmation when putting cards on the market

fantomena

That would be horrible if the service had to be cut back or disbanded due to the cheaters. Hopefully Playfire can find a way to ban those users as I enjoy the service.

There was actually a glitch 2 days ago in the Playfire Rewards system. It seems that the glitch have checked every achievementI have ever received and placed them into the rewards system. So I made 18$ out of that glitch.

Same thing happened to this user on CAG:

0021a6e244.png

Dr Dogg

Someone posted in the Playfire thread that it could be possible with some of the achievements they are selecting, as in stupidly hard or grindy, that they could be on the look out for abusers.

On a note about SAM even removing achievements has made my profile look dodgy as some of the Sleepy Dawgs ones are tied into the Social Club stats so at one point on Saturday I unlocked 6 in one go and yesterday morning another 8. Whilst a good idea I think I'll give it a miss in the future.

Someone posted in the Playfire thread that it could be possible with some of the achievements they are selecting, as in stupidly hard or grindy, that they could be on the look out for abusers.

On a note about SAM even removing achievements has made my profile look dodgy as some of the Sleepy Dawgs ones are tied into the Social Club stats so at one point on Saturday I unlocked 6 in one go and yesterday morning another 8. Whilst a good idea I think I'll give it a miss in the future.

Yeah, some of them are quite shameless, e.g.

But there are definitely situations where funky things can happen. For example, Arcen games (such as The Last Federation, which currently has some rewards up) don't use CEG, so it is possible to play them away from Steam and gain achievements through the game's internal logging system. When you log back into Steam they then all trigger at once, which I guess might look a bit dodgy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does it fix some of the more glaring issues of the first? rows of identical soldiers moving lockstep in the same area/base? That's the worst one I recall

I don't remember seeing that, so that's a good sign.

Kiru

I never understood this. You can just open up the game and alt tab to idle. Unless you live in a 3rd world country with internet caps.

That's exactly the reason though, maybe not 3rd world country... People are just to lazy to download ~15GB games if they will just idle them for cards.

Turfster

Does it fix some of the more glaring issues of the first? rows of identical soldiers moving lockstep in the same area/base? That's the worst one I recall

Man if that's the worst you can recall from Prototype 1, you were lucky.
That piece of shit port didn't even have audio for half the people that bought it, and they even went so far as to lock down the PC forums because it was nothing but people complaining about that =p

I never understood this. You can just open up the game and alt tab to idle. Unless you live in a 3rd world country with internet caps.
Even still SAM is unnecessary to spoof logging time with uninstalled games. Switching around the ID number of the steam_appid.txt in the game's root folder and just running the game through the executable outside of the Steam launcher does the trick.

you know what you must do. Out them so we can publicly stone them

i for one am consistently impressed whenever fantomena posts about either getting free games or having hundreds of dollars in credit

that's not how you spell 'annoyed'

Dr Dogg

Yeah, some of them are quite shameless, e.g.

Yeesh! I've only play about 4 games when it came out but the intro scene where you get taken down the "The Inventory" is about 10 mins long before a hand is even dealt and theres a long arse loading screen in there as well.

But there are definitely situations where funky things can happen. For example, Arcen games (such as The Last Federation, which currently has some rewards up) don't use CEG, so it is possible to play them away from Steam and gain achievements through the game's internal logging system. When you log back into Steam they then all trigger at once, which I guess might look a bit dodgy.

Yeah I've had some games where it's not downloaded the achievement schema before I started it in offline but it logged them in the games system so when I did finally come online it never gave me them until I deleted the whole install and started again. They clearly are designed around being played online at the same time you unlocked them ie time stamps are at upload not unlock.

RS4-

Let's face it, Prototype 1 & 2 are bad.

And the whole SAM thing, can't tell what's legit anymore. Idle for cards and unlock achievements.

re: Poker Night 2. Feels bad when you can't win a tournament, and can't skip dialog. Poker Night 1 on the other hand was a cakewalk.

Echoplx

I actually never used SAM for the rewards, only to idle trading cards. :)

Well, I'll have to take your word on that I guess but the fact is this glitch that rewards already unlocked achievements may have rewarded you for achievements you unlocked through SAM in the past.

So you are not completely innocent in all this like you seem to think.

_hekk05

Banned
Well, I'll have to take your word on that I guess but the fact is this glitch that rewards already unlocked achievements may have rewarded you for achievements you unlocked through SAM in the past.

So you are not completely innocent in all this like you seem to think.

1393408947045.gif

What does the defense have to say for himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom