• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Well, I'll have to take your word on that I guess but the fact is this glitch that rewards already unlocked achievements may have rewarded you for achievements you unlocked through SAM in the past.

So you are not completely innocent in all this like you seem to think.

Yes, I have used SAM on some achievements in the past, like some buggy Walking Dead achievements.

But should I seriously be stoned for what I did in the past? I did not exactly have a time machine to see that the Playfire Rewards were developed.

StAidan

Anyone here use a Wii controller (any version) for playing PC platformers? I can't decide which one to get.

Wii Classic Controller Pro - looks to have the better DPad position at first glance
Wii U Pro Controller - looks like a 360 controller to Windows using the Mayflash adapter

I recently replaced my 360 controller with the Wii U Pro. It goes without saying that the dpad is far, far better than the 360, and has eliminated a lot of frustration for me in Spelunky specifically.

Because the Mayflash adapter preserves button labeling rather than layout, some games I found awkward to control in XInput mode. In those cases, I switch to DirectInput and use x360ce for games that don't support DirectInput controllers.

Jawmuncher

The new AMD Never Settle bundles with Murdered Soul Suspect look nice. Hopefully someone sells those on the cheap just like last time...............

_hekk05

Banned
Yes, I have used SAM on some achievements in the past, like some buggy Walking Dead achievements.

But should I seriously be stoned for what I did in the past? I did not exactly have a time machine to see that the Playfire Rewards were developed.

You should stop using SAM from now on then.

It's funny that a lot of first world countries have transfer caps, but not third world countries.

They be third world countries then.

You're saying you've NEVER done it since the Playfire system started?

fantomena

You should stop using SAM from now on then.

I will still use SAM to idle for cards. But nothing else.

You're saying you've NEVER done it since the Playfire system started?

I don't even know when the Playfire system started. It was actually 1-2 week ago I started reading comments where suers were talking about it. I started trying to use it 2 days ago.

I set my Steam account to public like days ago. So I could not use it before that anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Even still SAM is unnecessary to spoof logging time with uninstalled games. Switching around the ID number of the steam_appid.txt in the game's root folder and just running the game through the executable outside of the Steam launcher does the trick.

Just to clarify a couple of things here:

1) The trick only works with the games that use CEG/"Steam DRM", and
2) Running the game through Steam directly will override the value in the text file, so the game must be launched externally

Dr Dogg

The new AMD Never Settle bundles with Murdered Soul Suspect look nice. Hopefully someone sells those on the cheap just like last time...............

It's quite cheap now as it is. GetGames have it around £19 so I'd expect getting a bundle code you might get an even better price. Really haven't seen anything of this though so can't even judge from the flimsy premise banded about for the last year. Might be another Sqeunix -75% off in 4-5 months purchase for me.

Echoplx

Your post clearly said you used SAM to unlock achievements in games you played that you didn't 100% normally, not that you used it to unlock bugged achievements occasionally.

No, you shouldn't be stoned for it but if you are going to constantly post in this thread bragging about how much you earn you should expect to be called out on it I think.

gabbo

Man if that's the worst you can recall from Prototype 1, you were lucky.
That piece of shit port didn't even have audio for half the people that bought it, and they even went so far as to lock down the PC forums because it was nothing but people complaining about that =p

I only ever encountered a game crashing from menu bug a couple of times. Otherwise I was lucky from that perspective. The game itself had a lot of irritants though.

i9qq1gjwyWKQd.jpg

HoosTrax

Your post clearly said you used SAM to unlock achievements in games you played that you didn't 100% normally, not that you used it to unlock bugged achievements occasionally.

No, you shouldn't be stoned for it but if you are going to constantly post in this thread bragging about how much you earn you should expect to be called out on it I think.
The part that I find kind of funny is all the bragging. I mean, if someone has aspirations to become more than just an amateur game blogger, and do it professionally for a real publication/website, I would kind of hope they have more integrity than to be bragging about getting free stuff or making money off of said free stuff.

Not that game journalism is terribly high on the integrity scale to begin with, but anyways.

JaseC

SteamDB just received a small UI update: DevComp and releasestateoverride subs are now marked as such ("Developer" and "Release state override" respectively). For example:

43081 Steam Sub 43081 [Release state override] 11 minutes ago
43080 Steam Sub 43080 [Developer] 11 minutes ago

Edit: There's a "Billing Type" column now, too.

And in other news, owners of Scourge: Outbreak now also own The Scourge Project (the game's predecessor, which was yanked from sale voluntarily last April). Restart Steam if it's not showing up in your library.

Copons

Guys.

Guys.

Stop attacking fantomena.

Everyone of us has abused something at least once in his life.

Take me, for example, enjoying phat loot gained from two games I played months if not years before even knowing what a Playfire was.

G3dZHRI.png

BRB, counting my cash

Jawmuncher

SteamDB just received a small UI update: DevComp and releasestateoverride subs are now marked as such ("Developer" and "Release state override" respectively). For example:

And in other news, owners of Scourge: Outbreak now also own The Scourge Project (the game's predecessor, which was yanked from sale voluntarily last April).

Why would I want to play a inferior version though?
Then again Dusk Golem said that version was even worse that it was hilarious.

Cth

Anyone here use a Wii controller (any version) for playing PC platformers? I can't decide which one to get.

Wii U Pro Controller - looks like a 360 controller to Windows using the Mayflash adapter

I had similar thoughts about the Pro controller and for the most part it's close.. the trouble is being Nintendo the button layout is different and messes with your head making it difficult to switch for some people.

TRANSLATION:
Instead of Xbox's XY/AB, the WiiPro is YX/BA.. not to mention the thumbstick is positioned differently.

I almost never use it for these reasons and regret getting it to be honest.

I use the 360 controller for PC platforming for what it's worth.

Grief.exe

I would like to see some deals on Return to Castle Wolfenstein in a couple weeks.

Maybe I will play through that while everyone is playing the new Wolfenstein, and do another Sleeping Dogs play through while people have Watch_Dogs.

Jawmuncher

I would like to see some deals on Return to Castle Wolfenstein in a couple weeks.

Maybe I will play through that while everyone is playing the new Wolfenstein, and do another Sleeping Dogs play through while people have Watch_Dogs.

It was like a 1.25 during the GMG sale wasn't it? Regardless it has hit 2.50 so often it's bound to go on sale again before the game comes out.

fantomena

So, to recap

1. you fake scores to rank 1st in games - yep, happily just 1 game as far as I remember
2. you cheat the achievements system in SAM for rewards in Playfire - nope
3. you beg for keys to "review" on a blog no one can read - who says noone can read Norwegian? There is a reason I get keys.

Yep, quite classy man :/

Fixed.

Echoplx

THE ULTIMATE METRO: LAST LIGHT PACKAGE...

CONTAINS "RANGER MODE“ + ALL SEASON PASS CONTENT

The Faction Pack; The Tower Pack; The Developer Pack and The Chronicles Pack

$19.99

Will wait for 75% off

JaseC

Why would I want to play a inferior version though?
Then again Dusk Golem said that version was even worse that it was hilarious.

Well, for those who already owned Outbreak it's essentially a free game, so there's no obligation to actually play it. ;)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

i think it was $2.50 yesterday on GMG.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
56 hours remaining... :|

I feel like i'm missing something with Assassin's Creed 2's story. I've heard good things about it, but it's so incredibly uninteresting.
Ezio's dad get's killed, he becomes an assassin without really knowing what it is and whenever someone say's "that's a templar" he goes stabby-stabby. A bit dry, but a good enough videogame plot. However, the characters are so lifeless and the script so dry (and stupid, especially DaVinci's lines. "Ah yes, the this with the that. Brillianto!") , it's becoming challenging to sit through.
Just completed sequence 9. Area's are pretty repetetive as well.
Don't get me wrong though, i've had a jolly good time. Especially with the side-content. I'm a sucker for collect-a-thoning.

HoosTrax

I had similar thoughts about the Pro controller and for the most part it's close.. the trouble is being Nintendo the button layout is different and messes with your head making it difficult to switch for some people.

TRANSLATION:
Instead of Xbox's XY/AB, the WiiPro is YX/BA.. not to mention the thumbstick is positioned differently.

I almost never use it for these reasons and regret getting it to be honest.

I use the 360 controller for PC platforming for what it's worth.
Yeah the ABXY thing is a concern as well. And I'm really curious if the buttons can be rearranged on the Wii Classic.

I've taken a 360 controller apart for modding, for example, and each ABXY button has a notch cut into it, in a different place, so that you can't merely rearrange the order any way you please (the button labels would end up rotated improperly).

Note to self, don't play Renegade Ops seriously, if ever.
It's not bad, don't remove ever playing it from the table. I mean the 2D portraits might lack the je ne sais quoi of what you'll find at Comiket but it's a solid dual stick shooter that doesn't overstay its welcome. Lots of explosions, and cheesy G.I. Joe comic presentation and plot.

Note to self, don't play Renegade Ops seriously, if ever.

It's an ok single player game but a great coop game. Played through almost all of it with my brother and had a decent time of it.

Also, I really wish that they would bring back Wolfenstein 2009 with the new one coming out. That game was severly underrated. It had a great hub world/open world system and played pretty well, too. I finished it on the PS3 and was looking to add it to my steam library only to find out that it got pulled not too long ago : /

JaseC

$19.99

Will wait for 75% off

It seems Valve made a new billing type for subs that publishers intend to use for both the store and retail keys:

billingtype Store and CD Key (10)

This should clear up some confusion/uncertainty going forward, unless it's the new default.

Edit: Actually, it's not new; rather, SteamDB is only now privy to its existence.

Echoplx

It seems Valve made a new billing type for subs that publishers intend to use for both the store and retail keys:

This should clear up some confusion/uncertainty going forward, unless it's the new default.

Dark Souls 2 uses that new system (I think), my GMG key activated the store sub.

r3n4ud

No. I have been having my Steam account on private for over 3 years because I had the stupid feeling that the other account I had got hacked because I had it on public.

My hacked account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fantomena

you posted this a few days ago man

Okay. I can reveal that I tried using SAM about 2 days ago, but I got bad consciousness, so I removed the achievements using SAM and entered private profile mode.

Anyways, lets move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom