• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Oh nice, it's downloading now. It does remind me that I never ended up playing the previous DLC.

I hope there's a sequel. I'd assumed that Matt and Trey would be against another game considering the rocky road Stick of Truth had to shelves, but Matt recently said that they're not against the idea and it ultimately depends on how well-received SoT is.
Hopefully they do, Stick of Truth was excellent and would love to see another one.

So GAF what're some must have racing games to own via Steam?
I only have:
Burnout Paradise
Sonic Racing Transformed
Skydrift
Grid is good, haven't played 2 yet.
Anything by Codemasters will at least be decent.

Steam GAF seems to like Dirt 2.
Blur
Next Racing Game
You guys missed Sega Rally and Outrun
:(

derExperte

What are your issues with the port?

Constant stuttering which gets worse until your memory is full and the game crashs is the most severe one. Can be reduced by limiting the game to one core but it doesn't run smooth. Too high system requirements for how it looks, it can bring high end systems down. Many scripting bugs and other smaller issues, I'm sure the Steam forum is full with threads about this. Not everything is port-related but it's obvious the dev was in the process of getting shut down.

I only have:
Burnout Paradise
Sonic Racing Transformed
Skydrift

Was Grid mentioned? Dirt 2 was and I enjoyed the lesser liked Dirt 3 almost as much. And even Dirt Showdown.

jediyoshi

Hrm

7ok8t9T.png

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Can any of you Steam database experts take a quick nosey and confirm for me if Clan Of Champions is region free/cross trading free ? It's from 2012 so I think it's fine from looking on Steamdb.

Just one of those games I've always wanted (it's basically like Gladiator Begins and I loved that game) but it's for me like Timeshift is for JaseC. The bastard is never on sale, like ever. Might pick it up on payday if I can get it cheaper.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can any of you Steam database experts take a quick nosey and confirm for me if Clan Of Champions is region free/cross trading free ? It's from 2012 so I think it's fine from looking on Steamdb.

Just one of those games I've always wanted (it's basically like Gladiator Begins and I loved that game) but it's for me like Timeshift is for JaseC. The bastard is never on sale, like ever. Might pick it up on payday if I can get it cheaper.

It is.

Never played Portal 2, so I was thinking of taking the opportunity of it being on sale on Steam to give it a try and at the same time to earn some Playfire rewards.

Are these achievements here below hard to get in just 3 days' time without overdoing walkthroughs and guides(hence spoiling the fun)?
How much time should I expect to sink into it?

Code:
Portal 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
Portal 2 - unlock Dual Pit Experiment - £0.10
Portal 2 - unlock Bridge Over Troubling Water - £0.10
Portal 2 - unlock Vertically Unchallenged - £0.10
Portal 2 - unlock Preservation of Mass - £0.25
Portal 2 - unlock Pit Boss - £0.25
Portal 2 - unlock Door Prize - £0.25
Portal 2 - unlock Schrodinger's Catch - £0.25
Portal 2 - unlock Talent Show - £0.50
Portal 2 - unlock Portal Conservation Society - £0.50
Portal 2 - unlock Triple Crown - £0.50

donny2112

Are these achievements here below hard to get in just 3 days' time without overdoing walkthroughs and guides(hence spoiling the fun)?

Don't know about the Co-Op ones, but the single-player ones are easily doable in a 10-hour playthrough. You will need a guide on where/how to get them, though, so you don't pass them up in the course of the playthrough. You can always start a new game at the beginning of a level, but you may want to plan to get them on the first time through.

Aerocrane

I only have:
Burnout Paradise
Sonic Racing Transformed
Skydrift

FlatOut 2. Great fun arcade racer with emphasis on physical racing, pushing the opponents out of the way and crashing into things. FlatOut 3 is a horrifying piece of crap game that you shouldn't ever even consider buying. Ultimate Carnage is graphically nicer than FlatOut 2, but it is really just FlatOut 2 for the Xbox 360, which is why it uses GFWL.

KiDdYoNe

Begging time!

Not sure if anyone remembers me, since last few months i just read you guys, but still. Maybe anyone will find himself in a situation, when you got new Bundle Stars bundle and don't really need the Call of Juarez — i'd really love to get it. Charity or few cents from me — works both for me. Thanks guys!

Don't know about the Co-Op ones, but the single-player ones are easily doable in a 10-hour playthrough. You will need a guide on where/how to get them, though, so you don't pass them up in the course of the playthrough. You can always start a new game at the beginning of a level, but you may want to plan to get them on the first time through.

Thnks for your reply.
10 hours in 3 days' time requires some commitment, but it sounds like pretty much doable if I start right away.

Aerocrane

Begging time!

Not sure if anyone remembers me, since last few months i just read you guys, but still. Maybe anyone will find himself in a situation, when you got new Bundle Stars bundle and don't really need the Call of Juarez — i'd really love to get it. Charity or few cents from me — works both for me. Thanks guys!

Check your PMs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Questrun keys are up on groupees (Indie Bundle)

which groupees had always remember me again?

fantomena

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tabletop Simulator -- MB-0B355D0302F9E84E

t1398193798z1.png

Kiru

Never played Portal 2, so I was thinking of taking the opportunity of it being on sale on Steam to give it a try and at the same time to earn some Playfire rewards.

Code:
I only 100% the Singleplayer and those achievements listed aren't that hard to get. You might get them on your first playthrough if you are like me who wants to hear every bit of dialog and discover every place in the game a bit further. Also you can easily pick a mission if you missed one of them during your first playthrough.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
meh I have Always Remember Me from indiegala and no key yet

You might get them on your first playthrough if you are like me who wants to hear every bit of dialog and discover every place in the game a bit further.

Yes, I pretty much take my time, I don't like rushing things missing some bits of text or hidden secrets, that's why it usually takes me much longer than others to finish a game.

Rhaknar

Overcast Walden and the Werewolf keys are also up at groupees

jediyoshi

I just scanned an Anarchy tag, and had that happen. I hope it's not an issue, I made it through the main game without problems.

Game not booting for me since the update, though I see the discussion boards aren't blowing up about it so I'm guessing it's something on my end. Verifying contents not fixing it x_x

Volimar

Tabletop simulator should be called Rube Goldberg Device: The Game. I can imagine people having a lot of fun setting up some complex stuff.

Kiru

Yes, I pretty much take my time, I don't like rushing things missing some bits of text or hidden secrets, that's why it usually takes me much longer than others to finish a game.

Schrodinger's Catch achievement is pure luck though, can't even know that achievement exists if you don't look it up :D

Milamber

So not all of the kinks were quite worked out...

You should've seen him talking with that expression. Wish I had been running fraps.

If you had ShadowPlay you could just hit record and it will take the last 5 minutes (if you set it to get it) of your gameplay till when you stop it.

Code:

Played Portal 2 from the beginning and clocked about 6 hours before I got all reward achievements.
You might want to look up guides for 2-4 of the SP-achievements (Door Prize, Pit Boss, Schrodinger's Catch and Preservation of Mass), the rest you get from just playing.
The co-op achievements, which also are the most valuable ones, you can get in 10 minutes (plus maybe 20-30 mins to unlock a specific level).
Shoot me a message if you need someone to do the co-op part with and I'll help you out (or just add me on Steam).

Anteater

Okay, so here we go...

Things worth mentioning:
I think Evopollution is greenlit, so it should eventually have a steam key.
The Maw is an Xbox 360 code I had hanging around in my "freebies" list. If nobody takes it, whatever; but if you do, you'll need a Xbox 360 account to use it and an Xbox 360 to play it on.

Thanks, entered for X-Blades.

DocSeuss

Schrodinger's Catch achievement is pure luck though, can't even know that achievement exists if you don't look it up :D

You're telling me. I couldn't get back to the glass fast enough, it broke out, bounced around the room without hitting the floor for about five seconds before I caught it. Got the achievement. Felt incredible.

Milamber

Compared to $195/month Autodesk asks on their site, it's a steal. :\

Most people in my office don't realize Adobe Acrobat Professional is not $15~20 and/or free. Even if I tell them it's worth an entire motorcycle per license, they don't believe me yet they still ask me to install it anyways.

HoosTrax

Most people in my office don't realize Adobe Acrobat Professional is not $15~20 and/or free. Even if I tell them it's worth an entire motorcycle per license, they don't believe me yet they still ask me to install it anyways.
I bet most of them are just using it to read PDFs too.

Knurek

Yea, wish my company could afford more than one license.
Can't you just hack Reader exe resources, so that it shows up as Acrobat for them? :)

Milamber

I bet most of them are just using it to read PDFs too.

Nope, they want to convert their Word files with graphs to PDF and the other building wants to edit the graphs and convert the PDF back to Excel and they bitch when it messes up.

EDIT: "Hey Milamber, can you get this PDF into Word so I can edit something?"
"It's a Picture of a menu in PDF format"
"I know that but I want to change the prices on it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom