• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Outlast had just one scary scene. Where you saw the schniedel(penis) of somebody.

The rest wasnt boring at all.

"Schniedel" is penis? Now all I can think of are the goblins in Sacred that run around shouting, "Schniepel!" (I still have no idea what "schniepel" means, but those goblins crack me up. xD )

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait does Dark Souls 2 have cards?
Because if they did it right I bet the backgrounds will be great.

Neither Souls game having cards is a travesty. Optimistically you might assume that Scamco is waiting until the original game is moved over to Steamworks before cards for both titles are released.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Well, playfire could have waited on those DSII rewards. A lot of european people will be getting the physical version of the game and that won't be out till May 2nd for some countries

dot

You were the only person holding me back with my obsession.
Looks like Steam GAF just became Dino Gaf.

a1AYoPw_700b.jpg

That looks like Metal Greymon in some gritty Digimon reboot during the insect apocalypse.

"Schniedel" is penis? Now all I can think of are the goblins in Sacred that run around shouting, "Schniepel!" (I still have no idea what "schniepel" means, but those goblins crack me up. xD )

Schniedel = Schniepel (Just depending from where you are from in germany)

Edit: And this comment is on top of the page....

Jawmuncher

Neither Souls game having cards is a travesty. Optimistically you might assume that Scamco is waiting until the original game is moved over to Steamworks before cards for both titles are released.

I really don't get how these companies can grab an intern or something to throw up some promotional art work. Bet I could manage the work for steam cards by myself within a day.

JaseC

I recall one or two people being curious as to how Maya LT will be priced on Steam. Judging from the registry it seems it's going to be subscription-based:

41139 Maya LT: One Month Sub Bill Monthly less than a minute ago
41271 Maya LT 30Day Recurring Recurring less than a minute ago

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
That last boss fight was rough.
It really was, I almost burned through all my lives. Very unexpected.
Not being able to skip cutscenes became really painfull there. :/

fantomena

I got an extra review code. Be nice, GAF, and play in the dark!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Daylight -- MB-1671E2C3310EC8DE

t1398200503z1.png

What about those who didn't like the original one bit?

Depends on what you didn't like about it. I played Prototype for the first time right before Prototype 2 came out and I enjoyed Prototype 2 much more than the original. The difference for me was that by the end of Prototype 2 you feel incredibly powerful and can use your powers to take out whatever the game throws your way. In Prototype I felt like I had to rely on vehicles and weapons far too much towards the end. There's also a difference in how you get powers, in Prototype you just get experience points and buy abilities and upgrades from a menu. In P2 you gain all of your abilities and most of your upgrades through defeating and eating enemies Megaman-style. Well, except for the eating part. Completing openworld activities also provides you with upgrades. All of the upgrades and unlocks are integrated into the gameplay. But that's why I like P2 over P1, kinda hard to recommend the game when you don't say why you didn't like the first one.

JaseC

Vitrum is a 3D, first person, puzzle/platform game. The main character is an android designed to convert energy from crystals into powers. The android can absorb energy in each of his hands, allowing him to combine different powers. One of the coolest powers is the ability to invert the gravity, because it’s 3d and because the player can freely choose when and where to use it! Vitrum takes place in a desert laboratory full of different colored crystals. Some crystals grant powers, others are harmful to the android.

The player will have to figure out how to use the crystals, solve the puzzles and finish each stage in Vitrum.

$9.99.

15$ per month would be awesome.

$50pm, apparently.

derExperte

Depends on what you didn't like about it. I played Prototype for the first time right before Prototype 2 came out and I enjoyed Prototype 2 much more than the original.

The bossfights in Prototype 1 were terrible, I almost quit the game for good during the last one. Also too many useless abilities scattered around the gamepad, many were contextual with overly complex button combos. P2 felt much more streamlined, too bad about the port quality and that we'll never see P3.

Playfire Rewards for Dark Souls II?

Oh hell yes. Frustrating that they started the counter a couple days before release though.

There's extra time on the clock to compensate.

Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender 3.49€ and Pool Nation 1.34€ https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/aquakitty_milkminedefender_storefront

Aqua Kitty is supposed to be great!

I'm in no mood to conquest, I have an infinite universe to explore!

Uh... one of your keys is showing.

The bloodrayne tease from arksys is the wayforward game, what the fuck, fuck everything

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806058

oh didn't know that game wasn't even on steam, lol, ignore me

I'm just mad

I liked the game on PS3... I'll probably grab it again on Steam.

MUnited83

For you.
I recall one or two people being curious as to how Maya LT will be priced on Steam. Judging from the registry it seems it's going to be subscription-based:
Yeah, a dev on the community forum confirmed that. He also said that he was surprised with the amount of people that wanted to buy a "lifetime" license, and he said the he would look into it but it all depends on the higher-ups.

15$ per month would be awesome.
50$

Ruruja

I hope there's a sequel. I'd assumed that Matt and Trey would be against another game considering the rocky road Stick of Truth had to shelves, but Matt recently said that they're not against the idea and it ultimately depends on how well-received SoT is.

I get the impression Trey is a lot more into it than Matt is. Trey would definitely want to do a sequel.

So GAF what're some must have racing games to own via Steam?
I only have:
Burnout Paradise
Sonic Racing Transformed
Skydrift

Seems like you prefer arcade racing games, in which case most of the DIRT/GRID/F1 games from Codies are worth a shout. Test Drive Unlimited 2 is fun (the physics aren't that great, but you can collect cars and houses and drive in a huge open-world of Ibiza and Oahu.

If you fancy some proper sim-racing games, the simbin ones are your best bet (GTR Evolution, Race 07 etc).

The bossfights in Prototype 1 were terrible, I almost quit the game for good during the last one. Also too many useless abilities scattered around the gamepad, many were contextual with overly complex button combos. P2 felt much more streamlined, too bad about the port quality and that we'll never see P3.

What are your issues with the port?

nexen

holy shit...how is LocoCycle 15gb? Is it the video?

So GAF what're some must have racing games to own via Steam?
I only have:
Burnout Paradise
Sonic Racing Transformed
Skydrift

Need for Speed: Hot Fursuit
Dirt 2
I liked Grid 2 a lot, but opinions of assholes and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom