• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

OK so Flatout 2, Grid 2 and Dirt 2 are recommended.
Mind you I want games that have a kickass sense of speed, Burnout-like crashes are a bonus, as well as superb graphics.

Should I wait for the upcoming Grid: Autosport and see if it's good?
Ridge Racer Unbounded is not bad, has crashes. It's also from Bugbear.

There are too many of these first person exploration games out. I used to buy and play all of them, but no time no more :(

Vitrum and Fract do look good though.

Okay, so here we go...

Things worth mentioning:
I think Evopollution is greenlit, so it should eventually have a steam key.
The Maw is an Xbox 360 code I had hanging around in my "freebies" list. If nobody takes it, whatever; but if you do, you'll need a Xbox 360 account to use it and an Xbox 360 to play it on.

Thanks for A New Beginning

So I started playing Skyrim last week. Oh god, so much fun. This is my first Elder Scrolls games and one of my first WRPGs in general... I think the only other one I've played is Fable 1 (great game btw). There's just so much to do, I love it.

leftovers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Sector -- MB-BE448A6A4E31490B - Taken by Stumpokapow. 5 entrants total.
Dino D-Day -- MB-353F2CC16825301B - Taken by Cth. 5 entrants total.
Bridge Project -- MB-BA17FE61B916988B - Taken by The Grim Heaper. 3 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-271146082A45B238 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 1 entrants total.
Sine Mora -- MB-19396B794528B8BA - Taken by dream. 3 entrants total.

t1398198806z1.png

MRORANGE

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for May

Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for each month by submitting mini recommendations.
Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in May that is on Steam.
2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
3. Send me a PM with what you have written.

Deadline:
t1398870000z0.png

Who is doing what:

- Killer is Dead - Dr Dogg
- Always Sometimes Monsters - BinaryPork2737
- The Forest.- Grief.exe
- Wolfenstein - Levyne
- Battleblock Theater - dark_inferno
- Transistor - MMBosstones86
- M.A.V. - More_Badass

Rainy Dog

Oh, that's a shame though. Couldn't you link it at another time though? (I ask because I have no idea how the Steam integration actually worked there)

I think you needed to set up a Steam ID by signing into Steam with your PSN ID and then redeem the Steam code as you were also signed into your PSN ID whilst playing Portal 2 on the PS3. Something like that.

But I created a new Steam ID from scratch so couldn't do it. I'm happy enough giving Gaben a few quid for the PC version though, no regrets.

fantomena

HOYL SHIT! FUCKING MEGATON! I FOUND MY RETAIL BOX OF LOST VIA DOMUS AND THERE WAS A NOTE WITH A STEAM KEY. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT GOT THERE.

lost6.gif

sorry for the caps lock, but Im happy

Grief.exe

cK5LaD7.png

Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for each month by submitting mini recommendations.
Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in May that is on Steam.

Deadline:
t1398870000z0.png

Who is doing what:

I'll send you something on The Forest.

Levyne

Banned
cK5LaD7.png

Rules:

Deadline:
t1398870000z0.png

Who is doing what:

I guess I could do Wolfenstein. Though I feel weird recommending a game that's not out yet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
HOYL SHIT! FUCKING MEGATON! I FOUND MY RETAIL BOX OF LOST VIA DOMUS AND THERE WAS A NOTE WITH A STEAM KEY. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT GOT THERE.

Wait, retail copies include a Steam key?

cK5LaD7.png

Rules:

Deadline:
t1398870000z0.png

Who is doing what:

- The Forest.- Grief.exe
- Wolfenstein - Levyne

Wrote you a PM about Battleblock Theater. I hope its okay.

derExperte

New non-beta update. http://store.steampowered.com/news/13104/

General
Added support for regional EULAs
Improved caching of leaderboard API requests
Improved handling of warnings on unrecognized links in chat
Fixed bug causing Windows service log message "Error: Failed to poke open firewall"
Fixed installing games from older retail discs
Fix message shown when you unblock someone
Improved keyboard accessibility in block/unblock success dialog
Fixed removing empty sub folders after game updates
Fixed SteamGuard UI problem preventing login in rare configurations
Fixed launching games dialog getting stuck in "Preparing to launch..." state
Fixed installed apps detecting content updates
Fixed inability to install games or force updates outside of the auto-update time window, if specified
Fixed repeated attempts to apply pending updates to a game that is currently running

Windows
Improved Steam overlay compatibility with 64-bit games, especially under Windows 8.1
Fixed a hang that occurred when opening the overlay for the second time in some games

Mac OS X
Improved initial startup time when launching Steam
Fixed crash in some newer games when launched from Steam

Linux + SteamOS
Updated the steam-runtime for Ubuntu 14.04 compatibility
Fixed potential hang when using certain UI toolkits that relied on SIGCHLD
Fixed a game crash occurring when more than ten processes were attached to the Steam overlay, fixing "CID The Dummy" on Linux
Added support for setting voice input device in Big Picture

Big Picture
Load correct localized eula if the language changes in the Choose Language panel
Fix progress % displayed for items that are queued for download
Fixed a bug in Web browser where big pages would be erroneously clamped
Fixed UI for pre-loading games
Added login help support for forgotten password and account name

Virtual Reality Mode
Added “Virtual Reality mode” to the View menu and removed the –vr command line option. This will only appear if SteamVR is installed and if a supported HMD is detected
Added support for switching from desktop mode to VR, then back to desktop and into Big Picture
Added support for detecting when an HMD has been plugged in after Steam has started
When running in VR mode Steam will now open only the VR window and not the normal Big Picture window
Moved VR mode log files under the Steam client install directory

Ridge Racer Unbounded is not bad, has crashes. It's also from Bugbear.

I think the save data for that game is server side. I re-installed the game a while back and lost all of my progress. I thought maybe that when I had uninstalled the game I had deleted the save folder but when i started to play the game again I looked in my documents for anything. a Bugbear, Ridge Racer and NamcoBandoa folder, couldn't find one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got a Gun Monkeys Booster Pack, decided to make a new Enhanced Steam function:

2MBX49p.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Two games not taken in my giveaway yet.

A Game Of Dwarves Gold Edition with DLC -- MB-0FAF8DC5C9E9DB12 - Taken
This is a game inspired by the Dungeon Keeper series, in which you build and fortify your Dwarven kingdom from hordes of monsters, though in a much more casual style compared to the title it takes inspiration from. Worth it if you want some strategy, but nothing too complex, and a management title you won't ever get lost in how much it offers.

Cossacks European War -- MB-AFF76CC57C082183 - Taken
A classic strategy game from years gone by that does hold up well enough if you can enjoy the old style of interface, if you can get it to work on your PC. I'm perfectly fine allowing this game to be taken by someone and given to a Windows XP using friend of yours.

PM to ModBot

http://i.imgur.com/2MBX49p.png[/][/QUOTE]

You keep coming up with ideas I hadn't considered Steam needed, good on you mate.

Bad on you Valve, bad on you.

Kiru

I think the save data for that game is server side. I re-installed the game a while back and lost all of my progress. I thought maybe that when I had uninstalled the game I had deleted the save folder but when i started to play the game again I looked in my documents for anything. a Bugbear, Ridge Racer and NamcoBandoa folder, couldn't find one.
Quick google search brought this location up:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<your unique user ID number>\202310\local\ridge racer unbounded

Don't suppose there is anything on Bethesda making Fallout 3 a Steamworks game?

Don't think so. They said something in the sense of "You can still play it fine without GFWL, so no need"

Knurek

2MBX49p.png

Jshackles, would it be possible to give us more details for playtime?
Steam shows only the time spent in game in the last two weeks, which might be problematic for people who want to time their replay for a long game (say, Fallout: New Vegas).
Also, would it be possible to manually decrease the playtime by a specified amount (to remedy the SAM/glitch induced wanton game time)?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Questrun is kinda cool (in a iOS kind of way) but it seems stupid hard, I guess you need to grind gold to buy the upgrades in the store and shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom