• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Found a workaround to the GMG EVE issue. Just had to switch IP and now I can get a free trial again :) Giveaway incoming

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Puzzle Bots -- MB-FF02F6D9991CBCD6
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-030D074B455746D0

still there, they are cool too, especially Thomas :(

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

self quoting here but didamangi is the coolest guy. bought me Sleeping Dogs and gifted me a beta invite for Dead Island also!

thanks again!

Sleeping Dogs is my favourite open world game, good luck!

Sleeping Dogs is the best open world game ever made. Hope whoever wins the giveaway plays it ASAP!

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
The only way to remove a religion from your city is with an inquisitor from another religion. You purchase it in a city with a different religion using faith points and send it to the converted city to remove heresy. If you don't found a religion and you're not isolated your cities will eventually convert because of religious pressure from your neighbours and then you're just adding to another players score.

You want to found a religion, every game. Usually you tie your pantheon belief to whatever the predominant resource or tile type there is around your cities and you're doing this for added bonuses related to culture, happiness, science, faith, production bonuses, you name it. If you're in the dessert you choose the pantheon belief where desert tiles generate faith. If you have a lot of plantations you choose the pantheon belief that adds culture to each plantation.

Even if you don't intend to actively spread your religion to other Civs you want to maintain a religion of your own. Pantheon and then Religion provided much needed bonuses throughout the entire game and late-game you can use Faith as a currency to buy great people depending on what policy tracks you've chosen to follow. Religion stops mattering late game as a relationship modifier but it becomes an important currency for buying Great Engineers, Scientists, Artists, Musicians and Merchants.

I usually go monument > scout > worker > shrine (+1 faith per turn) in order to get a pantheon belief as quickly as I can. Unless I'm playing as The Celts and have unworked forest tiles near you city generating faith or Ethiopia, their monument replacement generates faith. The longer you wait to found one, the more expensive it gets. The initial pantheon only costs 10 faith to found.

B-b-b-but my superior atheist enlightened civilization!
In the next one they should call Religion "Belief" or "Creed" or something and add "Atheism" with a x2 multiplier in science. I demand it!

But seriously, I'll keep this in mind for my next playthrough. Right now it's probably too late.

First thing first: I was joking before with the 3 hours thing, but then I realized I could come as harsh, so just wanted to explain.

Then: third level isn't that super easy though. I mean, as soon as you start playing harder difficulties, lower suddenly seems trivial, but I actually spent dozens of hours playing 2 and 3, and only recently switched to 4 and immediately after 5 (ATM 5 is the one I feel comfy playing, as level 6 is like WTF, I'm still building the first worker and civs around are ruling a 3+ cities...).

If you're going science, keep in mind that the game ends at 2050, so be prepared to start the Apollo Program basically around real-life one or even earlier because those spaceship parts can be a loooong build (like 30+ turns each) if you are unlucky with cities placement, strategic resources and so on.

To remove religions from cities you need the inquisitors, purchasable with faith, same price as missionaries.

Don't worry, my irony detector isn't broken. :lol

Anyway, I didn't even try diffculty level 1 and 2. My first playthrough was at 3 with the Indians, I got to a nice point but then I restarted because I wasn't satisfied with what I was doing. The second playthrough I was german and I won in 2050 because I had more points than my enemies.

Right now winning with points would be hard, the Uns are at about 1100 while I'm at 800-900 (1st and 2nd respectively). I don't really want to destroy all the other civs, so I'm aiming for science victory.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Enjoy :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-65E53D67DF78112A - Taken by DocSeuss. 10 entrants total.

t1398548332z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Holy hell, DreadOut (the Indonesian horror game inspired by Fatal Frame) is coming to Steam a lot sooner than imagined. Maybe Early Access or something, I'm not sure, but it'll be coming next month, in May.

Short teaser released (no gameplay though): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbYIzINJEAM

That quickly? I honestly wasn't expecting it until Winter. Well I'm okay with that, I'll need another horror title soon as I'm just about to finish Mental Hospital II off iOS.

Relax.MX

I want to play Civ V but i dont know what to buy, i have the main game i played the game before the first expansion but now are a lot of things :( im just too lazy..i just gonna play Civ 4 complete

Copons

I want to play Civ V but i dont know what to buy, i have the main game i played the game before the first expansion but now are a lot of things :( im just too lazy..i just gonna play Civ 4 complete

You just need 3 things:

- base game
- Gods & Kings
- Brave New World

IIRC there's a version on Steam including Base+G&K but I'm not going to check because the last couple of posts about Civ5 made me break the promise of no more Civ for today. :p

Evrain

From a store in germany:

TDqnuTOm.jpg
Tears will be shed. Somehow, I imagine this to be either a cruel prank by the store manager (who right now has a rather trollish look upon his face) or another store chain blissfully unaware of what they are selling.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
There's actually no way for ModBot to check if someone is a junior (ModBot isn't a mod, thus can't view usergroup info), so it relies on the user's tag. As a result it "No Juniors" excludes both true juniors and perma-juniors, but includes juniors with custom tags.

Ah! I thought the Junior Member tag was part of being perma-juniored, even if you had a custom tag before. Generous of you guys, letting users keep their hard earned tag of fame/shame, even when you have to take their thread making privilege away!

Lesson to be learned: do something really dumb or awesome before getting juniored to keep your modbot giveaway privilege :p

Or stay of crack and keep your member status

Hesemonni

Banned
I should really get back to building my Steam library ;). Lately my time has been consumed by Vita, family and occasional streaks of D3.

Anteater

really, where's the first boss in dark souls 2, i think i've played for like 3hrs, been nothing but fighting crowds of peasants, i'm just not good at directions.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Is it just me, or is Dark Souls II the hardest Souls game thus far? So many deaths.
Incredibly fun, though. Enemies are a bit smarter, and you actually have to use the roll. Which i'm really bad at, unfortunately. Haven't even found a good, 100% Physical block shield either.
One boss down, many more to go. :)

Exploration is incredible once again and by jove, this game is pretty! Most of the time. Especially art-wise.

Backlogger

I think that Mojang should make a Steamworks version of Minecraft similar to what they did for the xBox and PS3 version with purchasable skin packs and themes and controller support. Oh, and split screen for local MP.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
As an explorer, the game was really hard. As a sorcerer, the beginning is way easier.

If you struggle against boss #2 or #3 ("dragonrider"), watch this video, it becomes so easy:
http://youtu.be/ZdQSG9l4nCw (obvious spoiler)
I'm playing as an explorer as well, level 32 already. Getting slaughtered by The Pursuer.
Must resist watching vid, though. I will conquer!
Should have started with a Strength/Faith class, but since i've beaten Demon's Souls with that two weeks ago, I thought i'd do something else.
But the explorer certainly is a though start. The monocle was worth it, though.

Nzyme32

Hahaha. What the putting anyone in the boot of your car bit, the jumping out of your car with a gun and you go into bullet time bit, the fire one shot at your car and it always hits the petrol tank bit, or the fact you can combine all 3 for lots and lots of hijinx.

I honestly can't remember doing any of those things... reinstalling the game now, it will be nice if I can't remember much of the game, all I remember was that I really enjoyed it

If anyone wants these, take them. They're humble bundle links

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fez -- MB-B002D4B12149CB78 - Taken by Jmanunknown
Monaco -- MB-7946A84FB2F4FDB1 - Taken by Spring-Loaded

As an explorer, the game was really hard. As a sorcerer, the beginning is way easier.

If you struggle against boss #2 or #3 ("dragonrider"), watch this video, it becomes so easy:
http://youtu.be/ZdQSG9l4nCw (obvious spoiler)

Sorc is way too imba at the beginning. Even more so than the first game.

It really helps that they get extra ammo for the initial spell relatively quickly, and the 2nd level of the spell right after that too.

Aaron D.

Did you put "register" in the subject line of the PM? I've done many ModBot giveaways and still sometimes forget.

I just checked and I did put "register" in the title. Or more specifically, "register some awesome games" as noted in the faq page.

I noticed that I put spaces between my lines, so I don't know if that messed it up. Example:

Game 1 -- key

Game 2 -- key

Game 3 -- key

I also didn't include any rules. Just listed the games and sent off the PM.

Does anyone ever try to send the PM twice if it doesn't go through the first time?

Parsnip

Dark Souls 2 is consuming all my time.

I didn't do any online stuff in DkS1, partially because how broken it was, but today I hung around before the
old dragonslayer
boss room and helped some people out.

Dr Dogg

Speaking of webm's and all the graphical faffery of the last day or two been going through what I've got installed and just for shits and giggles booted up Gears of War (yeah not on Steam I know). Bizarrely it doesn't register resolutions more than 4 figures but it does have a 400x300 resolution. Yes 400x300. It plays like a freaking 3D SNES game and it's awesome. Saj would be proud if it weren't for the upgrade.

FEZ Humble link hidden in this post. The Modbot giveaway went a little wonky so I just want to make sure this actually gets to someone, so it might be used. Enter at your own peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom