• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Lol, yesterday I learned the dangers of trading for gifts on Steam. Apparently your gifted and activated game can get revoked if the original purchase is charged back. Fuck if I'm ever trusting that shit again.

Simply use the trade window. If you traded items (like TF2 keys for it), you just need to contact Steam Support and they will give the items you traded for it back.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Simply use the trade window. If you traded items (like TF2 keys for it), you just need to contact Steam Support and they will give the items you traded for it back.

I used the trade window, I traded DotA2 keys. That's not the worst part though, I'm facing major DS2 withdrawal :lol

MRORANGE

8oCXs.webp

Here is webp.

And here is webm
http://fat.gfycat.com/VariableHighAmericanwigeon.webm

my legacy lives on.

Salsa

yeah man I had my nephew over the other day and he just started wrecking shit in sleeping dogs and it's impossible to not wanna play that game all over again after watching like 5 minutes of gameplay

I still can't believe how it looks (and runs, comparatively)

I got every cheevo but then they started with the DLC and added more. Maybe I should go for them

MUnited83

For you.
I used the trade window, I traded DotA2 keys. That's not the worst part though, I'm facing major DS2 withdrawal :lol

How many keys did you trade for it? If someone is trading for much less keys than the average trader, then they are quite probably chargeback scammers.

Tenrius

By the way, today (27th, it's already Sunday here!) is my birthday. I'll be doing a small giveaway in celebration:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs Collection -- MB-0DE92EA9EA43A8DE - Taken by DJSebolski. 4 entrants total.

t1398553013z1.png

Might become the last push needed for someone to get into this crazy awesome game! It's Sleeping Dogs + all the DLC.

jediyoshi

Lol, yesterday I learned the dangers of trading for gifts on Steam. Apparently your gifted and activated game can get revoked if the original purchase is charged back. Fuck if I'm ever trusting that shit again.

It's incredibly simple to just look through their trading history and see feedback. Once you understand a trader's margins are typically just a few dollars at most, you'll know what to look out for regardless. It's not different from buying anything from anyone else online.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
How many keys did you trade for it? If someone is trading for much less keys than the average trader, then they are quite probably chargeback scammers.

Yeah, if it's too good to be true. Thing is, the dude had crazy good rep from everyone who's traded with him. Looked it up afterwards and he's only done item trades in the past and this is the only game trade, which in hindsight is suspicious as fuck.

It was for 10 keys rather than the 25 average still that's only 50% off from what DS2 retail costs in Sweden, so... If I had waited a month I could have paid twice as much and gotten a 100% good copy, but nope. Could still order it I guess, got a 30 day payment. Oh well, it wasn't a shitload of money and I can live with that mistake. I can get my keys back and just re-sell them on the market I s'pose!

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, if it's too good to be true. Thing is, the dude had crazy good rep from everyone who's traded with him. Looked it up afterwards and he's only done item trades in the past and this is the only game trade.

It was for 10 keys rather than 25, still that's only 50% off from what DS2 retail costs in Sweden, so... If I had waited a month I could have paid twice as much and gotten a 100% good copy, but nope. Could still order it I guess, got a 30 day payment window.

Welp. Yeah, that's a quite obvious scam. Not even Russian-locked version goes for that price :p

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Welp. Yeah, that's a quite obvious scam. Not even Russian-locked version goes for that price :p

I'd like to report dat shit, but TF2Outpost is incredibly vague with what's proof of a scam and what isn't.

Edit: I suppose you can see who purchased the original gift in the trade window as well, I guess another account than the one you're trading with should be a dead ringer for a scam as well. The account it came from only had 5 GoldSRC games registered lmao. All the signs were there! At least I have DS2 preloaded now.

MUnited83

For you.
I'd like to report dat shit, but TF2Outpost is incredibly vague with what's proof of a scam and what isn't.

Edit: I suppose you can see who purchased the original gift in the trade window as well, I guess another account than the one you're trading with should be a dead ringer for a scam as well. The account it came from only had 5 GoldSRC games registered lmao. All the signs were there! At least I have DS2 preloaded now.

I don't think you can see the person who initially bought the gift through the trade window normally. That information is only seen when you get a game removed from you, afaik. (Though it really should be a standard feature). That's why I keep most of my trades with guys I have been getting games from for a long long time. And I never trade with accounts younger than 6 months unless completely necessary.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
If only there was a DD place where I could pay in USD like GoG without any shenanigans. GMG used to be the king for me. Oh boy. At least physical PC prices have dropped quite a bit in Sweden if you shop online. Yes, physical releases cost less. It makes no sense but hey.

wilflare

ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Risk of Rain -- ENDED! Modbot has selected two winners - Dusk Golem and Diedac

wilflare's EDIT - not sure what's going on Modbot reported two winners - Dusk Golem and Diedac
EDIT2 - since Modbot is glitching, I took the initiative to remove the Modbot code. The two winners are Dusk Golem and Diedac (Diedac was the second to win but managed to claim the Steam link first. I have purchased another copy for Dusk Golem)

t1398566109z1.png

my turn to give back :X
once again, many thanks to HP_WARCRAFT for first gifting it to me :D
can't wait for the Vita version (I hope there's one)

derExperte

Quick question - If I go on holiday to a different country, will steam allow me to buy games at local prices or will I get myself into some trouble, or would the games stop working when I return home?

Afaik you won't be able to buy anything because Valve knows where your account is originally from. And if you could all the restrictions in the Steam registry apply so you would have to check what version you'd be buying.

Shade

In celebration of Dark Souls 2 being out, this is for everyone who doesn't have the first one, give it a go and prepare yourself for the second one! Enjoy and good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition #3 -- MB-2438A69413CC9D9B - Taken by Gez. 9 entrants total.
Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition #2 -- MB-0F49372AC2527F46 - Taken by EdmondD. 8 entrants total.
Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-478DCFFDEFF08E74 - Taken by gabbo. 10 entrants total.

t1398566244z1.png

B-b-b-but my superior atheist enlightened civilization!
In the next one they should call Religion "Belief" or "Creed" or something and add "Atheism" with a x2 multiplier in science. I demand it!

But seriously, I'll keep this in mind for my next playthrough. Right now it's probably too late.

There are religion mods you can download, you could add Pastafarianism if you wanted.

Also Rationalism is that for science. In Civ V vanilla if you adopted the Piety policy track and then later adopted the Rationalism policy track it used to throw your empire into disorder for x number of turns. Now you can have both policy tracks with no consequences. It would be cool if you could choose atheism late game, strip your empire of religion, gain even more science bonuses and spread a different kind of belief pressure.

Mozendo

Man, so glad Sleeping Dogs was the daily deal, but after reading around heard Year of the Snake is really bare bones.

Hopefully I can sell some cards for some of the DLCs.
Edit: How can I check how many posts I made in the thread? Interested in some of the giveaways

Ugh! I just started Assassin's Creed II for the first time and got kicked out of the game by uplay :mad:. I was under the impression that I could play this game on Steam without all that uplay crap :/.

Ruruja

By the way, today (27th, it's already Sunday here!) is my birthday. I'll be doing a small giveaway in celebration:

Might become the last push needed for someone to get into this crazy awesome game! It's Sleeping Dogs + all the DLC.

Happy birthday! Good game to giveaway. :p

denx

Hey. Just showing up to say I'm still alive, it's just the job I have right now is so goddamn exhausting and time consuming that I don't have the time or the energy to post much on forums these days. Now during my free time I like to actually play games (I was spending way more time here than playing games before).

Anyway, pretty much the only thing I've played for the last couple of weeks has been Battlefield Bad Company 2. I like the game but I'm so awful at it. Still have to complete the single player campaign. To my surprise, I've actually been enjoying the campaign quite a bit. It's nothing spectacular, but it's still some good fun.

Narcissu 1 & 2 was added to Steam for free!
OST is $7.99 though.

Only negative reviews I've read for this are variations of "this is not a game, it's a novel". NO SHIT BRO.

Thanks for the heads up btw, downloading this now.

gabbo

Narcissu 1 & 2 was added to Steam for free!
OST is $7.99 though.
If this was say, my first visual novel, is there anything I should know going in? I've always been curious about these type of games, but a lot of time the character designs turn me away (I played Don't Take It Personally, Babe, It Just Ain't Your Story ages ago, and it was pushing my limits).

Copons

Hahahaha that certainly gave me a giggle. It's alright I'm bestest wettest mates with Pascal of The Maya now and Manila have got my back. Surrounded by barbarians again though :(

Ouch, sorry then, cause I just obliterated my dear neighbor Pacal over a matter of religion, as he REALLY wanted to spread bad Buddhism while I wanted to spread cuty Shintoism
actually called BRODOISM after my cat BRODO full caps because she spills swag

Miguel81

Does anyone want Velvet Assassin? First post saying yes will get the Steam Key PM'ed.

Edit:Forgot I can't check Steam keys like Uplay or Origin. Doh!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
If this was say, my first visual novel, is there anything I should know going in? I've always been curious about these type of games, but a lot of time the character designs turn me away (I played Don't Take It Personally, Babe, It Just Ain't Your Story ages ago, and it was pushing my limits).

Well narcissu is pretty minimal so you won't see much of the characters even if you don't like their designs and the only other thing I think you should know that it's about two terminally ill people refusing to just sit in the hospital waiting to die. This was always free as part of a project so it hitting Steam is just another way to get it.

Yes?

Edit: too late.

I really need to expand my Steam library. Are there any cheap games similar to FTL? Or maybe some good cheap rpgs or anything really that's good lol

Maybe you'd like Risk of Rain. I bought it on a whim and enjoyed what I've played so far.

If you're not limited to your steam wallet I'd recommend the current blink bundle http://www.blinkbundle.com/ as they all have cards so maybe you'll get (most) of your money back by selling the cards.

ModBot said:
Instructions for CrimsonCommie:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Element4l -- MB-6443E1F8B6F52944 - Taken by pupo. 7 entrants total.
Mutant Mudds Deluxe -- MB-82BB45B5942588E3 - Taken by Tellaerin. 2 entrants total.

t1398566428z1.png

Enjoy!

This is my first time using this so whoever gets the game please let me know if it worked!

denx

Anyone knows if Steam keys will be given to those who have Millenium - A New Hope from the Indie Gala January bundle?

edit: happy birthday Tenrius!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom