• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think that one would be a good way to tell, as Modbot was so overloaded it was taking much longer to edit stuff. So someone could have won what you were going for 10 minutes earlier yet it looked unclaimed.
Oh, that might be it. I was trying to get an unclaimed game from an earlier giveaway, but it wasn't going through.

Not through ModBot but if you ask Stump nicely he may let you know.
Oh cool. Time to bother Stump then.

How does this playfire rewards thing work? I got some monies on Portal 2 achievements which I've done years ago and haven't played it since.

That is not how that's supposed to work, you may consider that just good luck.

However my Dark Souls 2 rewards are no where to be found.

In my experience rewards can take up to 24 hours - and even slightly more - to get triggered, then if you still cannot find your rewards you can pull a ticket and wait - I pulled a ticket myself some time ago and am still waiting for my issues to be fixed, so I wouldn't expect a quick reply .

Tizoc

Killer is dead seems to have been delayed til the 23rd of May.
Sounds good to me I'd be busy with other stuff during May XP

Jawmuncher

Is Jurassic Park worth $7.50?

If you like Jurassic Park and Heavy Rain than it's worth the price.
I had a lot of fun with it and the story does a good job for fans of the first film. The only downside most point to is that it feels like a prototype to Walking Dead in terms off how it plays. It plays find mind you but it's very QTE heavy (though easy) and you select the location to go to and don't actually walk as you did in Walking Dead. If those are deal breakers to you then you probably won't like it. Game is very divisive but all in all most JP fans like it.

I think Dark Souls 1 may now be unplayable on Steam. I installed it just now, it won't go past the first loading screen and as soon as it tries to load up GFWL, it crashes.

fantomena

I hope Namco releases sales numbers. I doubt the soft "concurrent multiplied by ten equals players" rule counts for SP titles at launch.

My PSN and Xbox friends lists are somewhat equally as big as my Steam friends list and there have been more Dark Souls 2 player son my Steam friends list than on my PSN adn Xbox firends lists.

For example, one frind of mine who have played to death Demon's Souls and Dark Souls on PS3 bought DS2 on PC. :)

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
LOL 3 hours

Have you even managed to settle your second city at least? :D

Yes. I started as Nobunaga, and I was super lucky because I spawned in a place full of resources and I found 4 ruins in a matter of 20 turns. I expanded my settlement, created a second city (Osaka) and since China was to close I conquered it as soon as I developed a few catapults. Just to be safe. Beijin first, the lady asked for a truce, I accepted, but the I allied with Netherlands and conquered the Shanghai. Then a few centuries passed, I decided to attack Sweden because the pissed me off. At first they were like, all friendly but then they changed their minds. And they were getting too big. Got Helsinki and Sigtuna in like two minutes, the poor bastards were still using spears when I had muskets. Now they only have Stockholm left, but I don't want to take it just yet. Holland expanded a bit, its the third biggest empire. They have the biggest religion for now I think. Meanwhile Attila was doing what Attila does. He destroyed 2 civilizations before I could even meet them. He must have like, a whole continent for himself.

I think I'm going to go for a sciene victory or the space one, because my spies keep telling me that they can't steal anything from other civs.

Is there a way to remove religions from my cities? I wanted an atheist country, but Holland converted them to christianity.

I'm playing on the third difficulty level though.

Locust

I think Dark Souls 1 may now be unplayable on Steam. I installed it just now, it won't go past the first loading screen and as soon as it tries to load up GFWL, it crashes.

GFWL is just incredibly flaky. I find myself always having to reinstall GFWL if I don't play DS1 in a while, and can't even login ingame if the Games of Windows Marketplace app isn't logged in.

Tenrius

You probably need to patch GFWL. I played it yesterday (and also tested it now), it was all right. As far as I remember, I had a similar issue when I first installed the game on this computer and in order to fix it, I had to download some kind of official GFWL update (this seems to be the link).

tjohn86

If you like Jurassic Park and Heavy Rain than it's worth the price.
I had a lot of fun with it and the story does a good job for fans of the first film. The only downside most point to is that it feels like a prototype to Walking Dead in terms off how it plays. It plays find mind you but it's very QTE heavy (though easy) and you select the location to go to and don't actually walk as you did in Walking Dead. If those are deal breakers to you then you probably won't like it. Game is very divisive but all in all most JP fans like it.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Ryne

PetriP, cheers for Reus! Wanted to get it for quite a while

In other news, for those interested, I think GRID Autosport just appeared on Steam after a name change from "RP8" according to SteamDB

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/255220/

Great, thanks for this.

Hopefully it will hold me over until F1 2014/Project Cars come out.

Zia

My PSN and Xbox friends lists are somewhat esually as big as my Steam friends list and there have been more Dark Souls 2 player son my Steam friends list than on my PSN adn Xbox firends lists.

For example, one frind of mine who have played to death Demon's Souls and Dark Souls on PS3 bought DS2 on PC. :)

Well, it definitely feels like a PC-centric series now with the hype surrounding this release, the quality of the release and the popular Twitch and Let's Play communities that have grown from the first title. Hope it does well and other Japanese pubs get the message. I've played all of about twenty minutes of Ground Zeroes on PS4 as I have nothing else to turn the thing on for and keep imagining how nice it'd be to have it on Steam.

Jawmuncher

Hole Hell Narcissu I know your early acess but what is up with the images.
They're liked squeezed in it's really bizarre. I think i'll wait for some updates before playing you.
Anyone who has played the original was the squeezed in images a thing?

EDIT: Apparently it's just like that. Guess i'll give it a go though. With no voice over though.

tookhster

For those who have played it, do you think Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is worth 15 bucks? It's Activision, so I'm assuming I won't find a better price in a while.

I just finished War of Cybertron and I really liked it. Was never that into Transformers but this game made me go watch some of the cartoons. I don't care for co-op or multiplayer, as long as the campaign is good.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Does the no-junior option for ModBot include people who have been juniored or just junior-juniors?

nampad

So http://igbwiki.com doesn't have all indie bundles listed? Just saw JaseC posting the Bundlestars Conquest bundle and I didn't see it there. The following games also from another unlisted bundle?

No Time to Explain
Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf
Spice Road
Beware Planet Earth

Certainly not horrible but it's pretty mediocre, it lacks that punch of a call of duty, just dont have soul, the first mission is interesting for the artistic design and all the concept, but then after that falls horribly. I played 1hr 2 weeks ago and i just finished the game with the total of 3 hrs.

The best of all is -1 for my backlog.

Speaking of another game that is supposed to be mediocre. What GAF think of Dark Sector?. I just played the prologue and looks ok. A little generic the gameplay but looks cool.

EDIT: Im not a Xelios friend on Steam. XO

This game?

Homefront.jpg

Honestly I don't think I've ever played a game that bad, might have been the worst 3 hours of video games I've ever experienced in my 23 years.

It's mediocre. I just wanted to play a CoD clone so it was ok for me. Don't you know the feeling when you sometimes just want to watch a stupid comedy instead of a good movie?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Does the no-junior option for ModBot include people who have been juniored or just junior-juniors?

There's actually no way for ModBot to check if someone is a junior (ModBot isn't a mod, thus can't view usergroup info), so it relies on the user's tag. As a result it "No Juniors" excludes both true juniors and perma-juniors, but includes juniors with custom tags.

There's actually no way for ModBot to check if someone is a junior (ModBot isn't a mod, thus can't view usergroup info), so it relies on the user's tag. As a result it "No Juniors" excludes both true juniors and perma-juniors, but includes juniors with custom tags.

Oh, so if you get juniored there's no way back?

Nzyme32

How does someone get perma-juniored and what would be the net gain for the community versus that person staying a member?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
juniors are people too guys

they just smell funny thats all

edit: still available

Puzzle Bots -- MB-FF02F6D9991CBCD6
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-030D074B455746D0

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
EDIT: Im not a Xelios friend on Steam. XO

He purged his friends list several weeks ago and his game count as per the Top 500 list hasn't increased since. I think he's focusing on Real Life™ for the time being.

Oh, so if you get juniored there's no way back?

A demotion to Junior Member isn't necessarily permanent. Salsa was recently given his Member status back, for example.

How does someone get perma-juniored and what would be the net gain for the community versus that person staying a member?

Making crappy threads is the big one. ;)

So http://igbwiki.com doesn't have all indie bundles listed? Just saw JaseC posting the Bundlestars Conquest bundle and I didn't see it there. The following games also from another unlisted bundle?

It's listed, just not detailed. As for the games, they were spares from previous bundles that recently had keys added.

AHA-Lambda

This game?

Homefront.jpg

Honestly I don't think I've ever played a game that bad, might have been the worst 3 hours of video games I've ever experienced in my 23 years.

I'm going to agree, somehow in a year that had Duke Nukem Forever this was the worse game =/

nampad

Divo -- MB-B4DF2A6A47514B05
Puzzle Bots -- MB-FF02F6D9991CBCD6
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-030D074B455746D0

still available

Thank you for Divo.

Bought the bundle after winning both games on Modbot before, sorry guys:

ModBot said:
Instructions for nampad:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars -- MB-F06CD446A174BEE4 - Taken by Diedac. 6 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-1A3D8CEB02E99F5A - Taken by Cth. 6 entrants total.

t1398541850z1.png

Is there a way to remove religions from my cities? I wanted an atheist country, but Holland converted them to christianity.

The only way to remove a religion from your city is with an inquisitor from another religion. You purchase it in a city with a different religion using faith points and send it to the converted city to remove heresy. If you don't found a religion and you're not isolated your cities will eventually convert because of religious pressure from your neighbours and then you're just adding to another players score.

You want to found a religion, every game. Usually you tie your pantheon belief to whatever the predominant resource or tile type there is around your cities and you're doing this for added bonuses related to culture, happiness, science, faith, production bonuses, you name it. If you're in the dessert you choose the pantheon belief where desert tiles generate faith. If you have a lot of plantations you choose the pantheon belief that adds culture to each plantation.

Even if you don't intend to actively spread your religion to other Civs you want to maintain a religion of your own. Pantheon and then Religion provided much needed bonuses throughout the entire game and late-game you can use Faith as a currency to buy great people depending on what policy tracks you've chosen to follow. Religion stops mattering late game as a relationship modifier but it becomes an important currency for buying Great Engineers, Scientists, Artists, Musicians and Merchants.

I usually go monument > scout > worker > shrine (+1 faith per turn) in order to get a pantheon belief as quickly as I can. Unless I'm playing as The Celts and have unworked forest tiles near you city generating faith or Ethiopia, their monument replacement generates faith. The longer you wait to found one, the more expensive it gets. The initial pantheon only costs 10 faith to found.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That's beautiful. Thank you for Enhanced Steam and your continued efforts; you make increasing our backlog much easier with every update :-D

By the way,I know you hope to work for Steam but, have you considered working for EA? You could improve Origin and make it like Steam, or even better.
Enhanced Origin. As soon as you download the plugin the client uninstalls itself, never to be seen again, and every EA game you owned automatically appears on your Steam account, and the ones you didn't have appear on the store, available for purchase.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
This game?

Homefront.jpg

For all the slack the game gets and deserves, the multiplayer was pretty damn good. Instead of advertising their "amazing campaign" with an incredible dramatic/shocking invasion story, they should have been focusing on advertising their multiplayer instead. Probably would have led to less disappointment

Enhanced Origin. As soon as you download the plugin the client uninstalls itself, never to be seen again, and every EA game you owned automatically appears on your Steam account, and the ones you didn't have appear on the store, available for purchase.

I like this idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom