• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You don't actually own the license to F2P games, but they are counted in your game total.

F2P games don't count towards your main Steam Community game count at all, with the exception of F2P games you added to your account before they were added to sub 0 (e.g. Dead Island: Epidemic). If you have play time they'll show up in your All Games tab and if you own DLC for them they'll be tethered to your client library in much the same was as they would be if you'd bought them, but that's it.

Edit: Did anyone else receive a copy of Hive at some point within the past ~9 hours? It wasn't a gift -- it just appeared in my inventory as a new item.

-MD-

Have enough credit for Child of Light on GMG but I want the steam version, I know it'll have uplay still but I want my cake and eat it too :(

Oh damn I almost missed that, I've been really on the fence about using my GMG credit but since it's just the Uplay version I'll wait.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wow, I actually just a Agarest: Generations of War Booster Pack. That's like $4 = free game. Thanks, Steam!

I met the first boss in Dark Souls 2, and got killed after a few strikes. How do you deal with those minions after they respawn? Ignore them and run straight to the boss?

Ignoring them is okay if you just want to get to the boss. If you are getting bashed by the boss I think it's a good idea to slash the most annoying ones so they don't respawn after some kills, as losing life from getting hit while running is even worse than losoing life by killing a foe. Also you get some souls and thats a few extra ones after finishing the boss if you can collect the bloodstain every time. :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I recall seeing some old console games in Greenlight. I thought publishers wouldn't need to greenlight.

Also why is this thread past 200 pages

JaseC

I recall seeing some old console games in Greenlight. I thought publishers wouldn't need to greenlight.

Also why is this thread past 200 pages

Steam threads are monthly now due to how active they are and there was no sense in creating a second thread with May being just a couple of days away.

Aaron

Has anybody played this game? I played the first hour or so and it didn't grab me due to how visually busy it was. I feel like the art and the overly minimal HUD got in the way of the strategy. I love Advance Wars though, and this has hot seat, so I might be convinced to play more if it's actually good.
Good but not great. I found that the ability to move anywhere instead of grid or hexes hindered more than it helped when positioning became important later in the game. It's also a shame you don't build up your army, but take a preset force into each encounter.

My steam just glitched and reset the "last online" time on my friends list. Some of these people haven't been online in over a year.

QX68EQr.jpg

Ignoring them is okay if you just want to get to the boss. If you are getting bashed by the boss I think it's a good idea to slash the most annoying ones so they don't respawn after some kills, as losing life from getting hit while running is even worse than losoing life by killing a foe. Also you get some souls and thats a few extra ones after finishing the boss if you can collect the bloodstain every time. :p

The first boss has minions?

Any of the 3 I can think that you would challenge out of the start didn't have minions as far as I recall... unless you're fighting one of the bosses early.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's not bad.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SkyDrift -- MB-38C435733F7B9B4F - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 2 entrants total.

t1398834371z1.png

Anteater

The first boss has minions?

Any of the 3 I can think that you would challenge out of the start didn't have minions as far as I recall... unless you're fighting one of the bosses early.

I just assume he's talking about the dudes between the bonfire and the fog gate, first 2 bosses I fought didn't summon minions either

Nabs

Ohhh... The TowerFall dev is the guy who made games like Jumper, RunMan, and Give Up Robot. I had no idea.

Still gonna wait for a sale. Still pretty cool.

Miker

Good but not great. I found that the ability to move anywhere instead of grid or hexes hindered more than it helped when positioning became important later in the game. It's also a shame you don't build up your army, but take a preset force into each encounter.

My initial impressions of the circle-vs-grid thing after an hour with it was basically "Well, this is different and yet absolutely no better than the normal grid." The spirit wall mechanic was also janky because of it.

JaseC

Aaron

My initial impressions of the circle-vs-grid thing after an hour with it was basically "Well, this is different and yet absolutely no better than the normal grid." The spirit wall mechanic was also janky because of it.
I spent way too much time getting my guys in just the right spot that I stopped playing about halfway through. It just became tedious if you wanted every advantage.

Ban Puncher

Transferring files from a potentially broken 3TB HDD to a new one is incredibly dull.

Worth not hearing high-pitched buzzing every time the drive is accessed though.

Milamber

Transferring files from a potentially broken 3TB HDD to a new one is incredibly dull.

Worth not hearing high-pitched buzzing every time the drive is accessed though.

Transferring stuff from 3 TB's to 4 TB's is usually done remotely when I'm at work or when I'm sleeping. I use TeraCopy to queue up my transfers and look into it from time to time.

Just beat Dark Souls 1! PRAISE THE SUN!

What a wonderful game. Had a good time going through it with my best friend too.

I'm proud of the accomplishment.

\o/
.||

aku:jiki

Could you please elaborate?
Seemed like a nice Advance Wars clone, something generally not being released on PCs.
I disagree with him that it's crap. It's a little too simplistic, like it was designed for phone play, but it's well-crafted enough and still pretty fun. It's certainly not comparable to many other strategy classics, but if you just want to relax and play an easy game while chomping on samurai skulls, it's fine.

Just beat Dark Souls 1! PRAISE THE SUN!

What a wonderful game. Had a good time going through it with my best friend too.

I'm proud of the accomplishment.

\o/
.||
Congratulations!
I tried playing Dark Souls ages ago and only managed to beat the boss that's on the bridge(taurus or something) met the solaire guy and couldn't get past the dragon.

Gave up, so it's awesome that you managed to do it because that means you're cool!
How long did it take?

The game looks fun but is actually crap.
I think it'd be a lot more enjoyable if you had the option to turn off animations entirely, replaying a 30m long level and watching each and every skull eating animation gets annoying(even if it's fast forwarded and such)

Deques

Looks like I got banned from Steamtrades.com. The reason for banning are coming from Steamgifts.com, which makes the ban unfair.
No more trading for me for a while :(

Deques

Uh-oh, what did you do?

Two things:

First is that I asked if someone could help me to get a FIFA 12 from the Mexican Gillette promotion, since I got error. But I got it to work eventually. So I edited my post to disregard my request.

Got suspended for Begging. I thought begging and asking are two different things

Second: Did not activate a gift I won. Totally my fault, so I won't complain about it. The gift was still in my inventory, it's now activated in my account

Note to everyone: Steamgifts.com and Steamtrades.com are in the same network. So if you get banned in either of those you will be banned for all of those sites

Congratulations!
I tried playing Dark Souls ages ago and only managed to beat the boss that's on the bridge(taurus or something) met the solaire guy and couldn't get past the dragon.

Gave up, so it's awesome that you managed to do it because that means you're cool!
How long did it take?

Thanks! Took 62 hours according to the in game clock. It took a bit of time to get my footing, but it has a nice progression, and by the end I was confident in my skills. It's a really good time.

I typically play adventure games, and such, but I've been branching out recently. It's fun to play stuff outside your familiar genres, and Steam makes that kind of thing easy.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Here, have a few games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition -- MB-9AC5388F96C63A36 - Taken by PriitV
FEZ -- MB-CEAE905313FE3961 - Taken by Linkup
Antichamber -- MB-6BC6F98437CE3D1A - Taken by Milamber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom