• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
F2P games don't count towards your main Steam Community game count at all, with the exception of F2P games you added to your account before they were added to sub 0 (e.g. Dead Island: Epidemic). If you have play time they'll show up in your All Games tab and if you own DLC for them they'll be tethered to your client library in much the same was as they would be if you'd bought them, but that's it.

Edit: Did anyone else receive a copy of Hive at some point within the past ~9 hours? It wasn't a gift -- it just appeared in my inventory as a new item.

Oh, didn't know they changed the rules.

topyy

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition # 2 -- MB-F8B5D86082EA65BE - Taken by cardinalmind - Taken by cardinalmind
Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition # 3 -- MB-F40DEBCCD8200CE2 - Taken by _hekk05
Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition -- MB-430FB9E45DE7ED6C - Taken by Sub Zero

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did we talk 75 more games being greenlit yesterday (april 29th)?

Arthea

did we talk 75 more games being greenlit yesterday (april 29th)?

really?
*goes to check*

edited:
Exogenesis sounds interesting enough. Kendo Crush is an interesting name! I still can't fathom why Ultima Online needed to go through greenlight too. Many unknown games in this batch for me.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Thanks topyy.

By the way I found some Total War game keys in an old file on my PC. They're probably used so I won't bother with a ModBot giveaway. The games are

Rome Total War
Empire Total War
Napoleon Total War
Medieval II Total War

PM me if you want any of them and sorry in advance if they won't work

DocSeuss

Thanks topyy.

By the way I found some Total War game keys in an old file on my PC. They're probably used so I won't bother with a ModBot giveaway. The games are

Rome Total War
Empire Total War
Napoleon Total War
Medieval II Total War

PM me if you want any of them and sorry in advance if they won't work

Sent you a PM. Didn't realize I was missing Medieval and Napoleon. If you wouldn't mind, I could use 'em.

I can show you my list of Steam keys I'm saving up for another big giveaway in case you feel like reciprocity.

Javier23

Banned
Hey everyone! :)

Just got my account activated a few hours ago! Really nice to finally be around you all. As a PC gamer with no consoles (neither last nor next-gen) I plan to stick mostly to this thread. I have also been reading you all for a while, while waiting for my account activation, so I should already be familiar with the thread dynamics.

I planned to celebrate my new membership with a small giveaway, so here it is. I had to struggle a bit with ModBot so that the Desura keys would show as such. Also, as a broke college student I really doubt I have anything of interest, but still... Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aerena -- MB-3C5D3BF2FFEEB86D - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Luminosity (Desura) -- MB-72F35A773EE53547
Puzzle Bots -- MB-99C9D7BCF5F24101 - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
Half Life 2 -- MB-56D482E6D6B2C63D - Taken by schuey7. 10 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Ultionus (Desura) -- MB-94384AAA78ECFD64 - Taken by Dice. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-D223606B7ABC28F1 - Taken by Linkup. 1 entrants total.
Dustforce -- MB-43D3266C89D8346B - Taken by FauX
VVVVVV -- MB-D7216F9C0BC66815 - Taken by _hekk05. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe (Desura) -- MB-E2894D4A0F7C53DC
Cave Story Plus -- MB-8E5AB0E62FA94EB0 - Taken by koma. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
The Body Changer (Desura) -- MB-116758CED3AA7CA2

t1398855840z1.png

Milamber

Just got my account activated a few hours ago! Really nice to finally be around you all. As a PC gamer with no consoles (neither last nor next-gen) I plan to stick mostly to this thread. I have also been reading you all for a while, while waiting for my account activation, so I should already be familiar with the thread dynamics.

I planned to celebrate my new membership with a small giveaway, so here it is. I had to struggle a bit with ModBot so that the Desura keys would show as such. Also, as a broke college student I really doubt I have anything of interest, but still... Enjoy!

Welcome! Have fun.

Arthea

even youtube sim is now made

and Jasec still haven't finished sansa/neogaf sim?

edited: welcome aboard, Javier23, 23 yo I assume?

topyy

other two copies,
got them from a CI Games offcial partner with a low price.
ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition #5 -- MB-416CADE06B8F8F99 - Taken by The Dear Leader
Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition #4 -- MB-045433715CA422ED - Taken by Bluth54

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition #5 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition #4 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Welcome to the only civilized place on the interwebs aka SteamGaf, enjoy your stay here and thanks for the giveaway

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
even youtube sim is now made

and Jasec still haven't finished sansa/neogaf sim?

All in due time. :p

Welcome!

topyy

the last two copies if you don't like other games in bundlestars reboot 2.0
ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition #7 -- MB-487172379928EA47 - Taken by pupo
Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition #6 -- MB-EFE9C8F5014F1C03 - Taken by PriitV - Taken by PriitV

Welcome to SteamGAF!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

welcome. on behalf of SteamGAF, I apologize for all the Saoirse :(

Pupo

Welcome (i'm new too) (?)
Edit: thanks for SGW topyy

Volotaire

Hi! Welcome to SteamGAF! Have fun! This will be a good thread to stick to through the E3 drama.

Evrain

By DEF and STA do you mean vitality and endurance? I hope you haven't been leveling resistance. :p

And yes, if you've leveled up str and dex evenly then you should use a weapon that scales off of both stats. A Claymore is perfect for this. Basically, all of those points you've put into str and dex don't do anything for you when you're using your Lightning Battle Axe (and the points you've put into str are pretty much wasted when you're using the Furysword); if you're planning on using elemental weapons you usually just want to meet the minimum stat requirements and put all your points into vit/end.
Yes, I have put a few points in that too ;P STA is for Stamina.
I have to check Claymore, Falchion and that weapon from the infected barbarians, sounds like I might get a nice damage boost...

EDIT: welcome on board, Javier!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Hey! Welcome to NeoGAF!

Volimar

Welcome to the forum!

didamangi

Anyone here have a (supposedly) better discount for beta testing Metal Slug 3 and willing to help me get it cheaper? Will paypal first of course :)

How is Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon? 3D has me worried.

It's quite good, minus the one too many sokoban puzzles. I enjoyed 1-3 in the past, 4 not so much. Waiting for a discount on the fifth since I heard good things about it.

Welcome aboard! That's a nice giveaway to start off with :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
1C just released a couple more games:

Inspired by reading more than one thousand Russian fairy tales, this is a story about love, spite, greed, modesty, humility and seeking. It is divided into four acts - according to the four seasons. That means you'll visit some of the game locations several times, but every time at a different season and in a different time of day.

Together with the characters of a humble girl Nastienka and gallant hero Ivan you are to overcome many baits and puzzles and in the end you'll try some of the wedding's pirozhki.

You are awaited by mysterious beings and magic objects, wild beasts and domestic animals and pets, guileful highway robbers, evil hag Baba Yaga, Old Man Mushrooom, prudent Father Frosty and many other traditional and non-traditional fairy-tale characters.

Any child able to switch a computer on can play this with parental assistance, however, this is ideal for children aged 6 years as their first game as the PC control system is for the beginner.

7.62 High Calibre is a tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5.
A professional mercenary seeks for a Russian “businessman”, who stole a lot of money from his “colleagues”, then hid in a small country of Latin America to avoid inevitable punishment there. Soon the assignment turns into an intense and dangerous adventure, for there are many things that must be kept in mind – intricate political situation, confrontation between governmental military and rebels, not to mention a necessity to choose friends and foes wisely.

Both are 20% off ($3.99) for the next week, although with the latter there's also a bundle containing the original game (currently unavailable separately but this will change) at 20% off ($7.19).

welcome. on behalf of SteamGAF, I apologize for all the Saoirse :(

Maybe it's what brought him here. :p

Dr Dogg

kciKN6t.png

Someone either needs to take my debit card away from me or Ubisoft need to give me stock options seeing as the last 4 games I bought are published by them.

Then again after the Dark Souls II retail kerfuffle (which still hasn't bloody dispatched) I'm not taking a chance of getting caught short again.

Welcome (i'm new too) (?)
Edit: thanks for SGW topyy

Welcome to the madhouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom