• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed I can't see all the locked achievements in most games like Dark Souls..etc. One of the playfire awards last week was for some Sonic Generations achievement called "Shadow Boxing" and it wasn't listed when locked so I had no idea what it was for (I did end up getting it when I found out what it was for from some achievement site). Is this a new thing? I swear most games used to just show all possible achievements and not hide them.

...also I'm on 499 games according to steam though I got the "Director of Acquisitions" badge for owning 502 games. Steam is all over the place sometimes.

Exuro

Just noticed I can't see all the locked achievements in most games like Dark Souls..etc. One of the playfire awards last week was for some Sonic Generations achievement called "Shadow Boxing" and it wasn't listed when locked so I had no idea what it was for (I did end up getting it when I found out what it was for from some achievement site). Is this a new thing? I swear most games used to just show all possible achievements and not hide them.
Games have had hidden achievements for a long time. Don't know when they started though.

I was playing Dark Souls 2 when steam died. A message popped up saying the game was switching to offline mode. I acknowledged it and kept playing.

I probably prefer this steamworks implementation to the GFWL one in the previous title.

Try out the large club.

I love the moveset and S rank scaling. Beast damage.

The 2-hand R2 + R2 decimates bosses.

I'm rocking a fire longsword +10. It's pretty beastly.
That reminds me, I should go say hi to that explosive spewing bug at the end of that tunnel now that I'm more powerful.

novenD

...also I'm on 499 games according to steam though I got the "Director of Acquisitions" badge for owning 502 games. Steam is all over the place sometimes.

It's not new; devs have been hiding achievements for story and spoiler reasons for ages.

For future reference, if you want to see a complete list of achievements for a given game, click the global achievement stats button near the top of the achievement page.

Amzin

Has anyone sent any gifts through gamersgate? I tried to send email gifts to my wife and brother today (separate games) and they haven't gotten anything now, almost 10 hours later. Resent one of them already, checked spam, the lot of it. An hour or two I could see but 10 hours seems like something is wrong

FellowGAF.

I am trying to locate a YouTube video about a guy ranting about how he doesn't need to live in the real world because he has saved galaxies and Princess Peach is his girlfriend.

YouTube and Google are no help.

mrgone

FellowGAF.

I am trying to locate a YouTube video about a guy ranting about how he doesn't need to live in the real world because he has saved galaxies and Princess Peach is his girlfriend.

Isn't that pretty much the plot to the Super Mario Brothers movie?

saunderez

Bit the bullet and bought Prison Architect. Now to just wait until it's done, along with Divinity : (

It's getting damn close. I remember the first alpha, there was barely a game there and what existed was buggy and slow. Every alpha had more and more mechanics to the point where if they released it today, I could consider it a finished product and wouldn't feel ripped off.

Really impressed with Introversion, their method of building the game bit by bit and releasing regular alphas to keep the backers updated has kept me interested all the way though the process.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
FellowGAF.

I should have known better than to type "princess peach girlfriend" into Youtube's search bar to try to find that video. Some of those results made me feel like I was in the "awesome" fan art thread.

Miker

Skulls of the Shogun is becoming Steamplay (PC/Mac/Linux).

Has anybody played this game? I played the first hour or so and it didn't grab me due to how visually busy it was. I feel like the art and the overly minimal HUD got in the way of the strategy. I love Advance Wars though, and this has hot seat, so I might be convinced to play more if it's actually good.

Thanks r3n4ud for Tropico 4!
I was playing Dark Souls 2 when steam died. A message popped up saying the game was switching to offline mode. I acknowledged it and kept playing.

I probably prefer this steamworks implementation to the GFWL one in the previous title.
Probably? Steamworks is always better than GFWL!

Lain

Finally managed to read all the pages of the thread I skipped previously (only because B.Net had a maint so I had to stop playing Diablo3).
I guess belated happy birthday Milamber!

I'm 0.10€ off from being able to buy The Last Express Golden Edition. Time to try to sell one more card.

Pakkidis

Extra key here. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-130E90AA98A144E8 - Taken by TuckingFypo. 2 entrants total.

t1398835990z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone here have realMyst Masterpiece Edition(Steam)? How is it compared to the regular Masterpiece Edition?

So Myst takes place over a series of screens. You click to go between screen and screen. The perspective is fixed, and you can just go from static screen to static screen. It was released in the mid-90s.

JHe1Ds0.jpg

Myst Masterpiece edition is the updated port of Myst that improves the resolution and dithering, while keeping the same basic engine. It was released circa 2000. It's not really a huge upgrade. There's no reason to go back to OG Myst of course, but it's fine.

RealMyst turns the game into a full 3D game that you can freely walk through. In addition, it adds a new segment of game called Rime (sorry, I don't want to give any more details). It represents a fairly small amount of content, but not zero, and I think it's an improvement. It was released a little bit after Myst Masterpiece. It's a better version, but both performance and stability weren't great.

uqCdHyKl.jpg

RealMyst Masterpiece Edition ports RealMyst, including Rime, to Unity. It upgrades the models and textures to match Myst's original art style a little better.

VCHYyYPl.jpg

If you don't have any of the games and want to buy one, I'd buy RealMyst Masterpiece edition. I haven't played it myself, but it's considered pretty definitive. If you already own RealMyst, well, I'd play RealMyst rather than paying to upgrade. If you own just old-school Myst... honestly, it's a bit old at this point. Get one of the RealMyst variants.

Myst is a really excellent game in any form, and I advice you not to look up the answers in advance. The beauty of the game is being dropped into a dead world and figuring out where you are, what you're doing, and how the world works. This was very different than traditional adventure games at the time, and even today. Fez is the closest thing I've played to Myst, honestly. Take notes--we all did when we played it in the 90s. Especially don't look up the ending. Without going into details, Myst can be completed very quickly if you know how to complete it. Doing so robs you of 100% of the game's content, not to mention the point. If you're going to play it, play it with an open mind and appreciation for what it is trying to do.

P.S. Trust no one. In the game, I mean. You can trust me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oooo, realMyst masterpiece edition looks great. I haven't played Myst since it first came out. I might pick that up.

I met the first boss in Dark Souls 2, and got killed after a few strikes. How do you deal with those minions after they respawn? Ignore them and run straight to the boss?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i bought Counter strike go (i really shouldn't had) and every time the map changes the game crashes, anyone know of a fix or something? I have tried some stuff without success.

Anteater

I met the first boss in Dark Souls 2, and got killed after a few strikes. How do you deal with those minions after they respawn? Ignore them and run straight to the boss?

Yeah you can just run past them to the fog gate, the ones that followed you all the way to the gate will probably be still there after you beat the boss, but they generally don't follow you too far and return to their spot.

didamangi

Have enough credit for Child of Light on GMG but I want the steam version, I know it'll have uplay still but I want my cake and eat it too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom