• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Still no money for DS II. But I'll live.

tumblr_n4u91cFQel1sv6g38o1_500.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nope.

Edit:

Woo!
I should call in sick today (yeah, I caved in and bought it last night). Fortunately these next two days are national holidays, which means I'll get to play it to my heart's content. Can't wait!

*checks the store page*

...Day one DLC? I should have waited for a fucking sale :/

Knurek

How is Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon? 3D has me worried.

Replayed the game this month, and well... Didn't age all that well.
Make sure you play with a gamepad (sadly, no XInput support, so you'll need to use joy2key or something like that), mouse+kb controls are beyond atrocious.
Not many actual puzzles, mostly it's just block pushing/autoplatforming sections.
Forced stealth sections.
Quick time events.
Old Resi tank controls + annoying camera switches, sometimes more than 3 times per second.
Terrible new Nico actress.
Still better than BS4, but feels like an insult for BS1+2 fans.

Oh my gosh at all the Child of Light dlc. Wish I'd pre-ordered so I would have gotten some of it(I assume?) Doesn't seem like anything major or harmful to the game but it is kind of nasty.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh my gosh at all the Child of Light dlc. Wish I'd pre-ordered so I would have gotten some of it(I assume?) Doesn't seem like anything major or harmful to the game but it is kind of nasty.

Pre-orders came with just the Light Aurora Pack so you didn't miss much at all.

Edit: Happy Wars beta keys were sent out a few hours ago.

happywarsxyktl.jpg

I just hope MS doesn't revoke beta keys considering it's an F2P game. I'm looking at you, Scamco.

Kiru

Battlepillars is not even that bad. Maybe it would better belong on newgrounds but I still enjoy it. I even got a foil out of it! :D

Milamber

kciKN6t.png

Someone either needs to take my debit card away from me or Ubisoft need to give me stock options seeing as the last 4 games I bought are published by them.

Then again after the Dark Souls II retail kerfuffle (which still hasn't bloody dispatched) I'm not taking a chance of getting caught short again.

I'm holding out hope that within the next 2~3 weeks, Amazon will get Steam keys of Watch_Dogs.

koma

Edit: Happy Wars beta keys were sent out a few hours ago.

happywarsxyktl.jpg

I just hope MS doesn't revoke beta keys considering it's an F2P game. I'm looking at you, Scamco.

Ok, my life will be destroyed, i'm already addicted to Borderlands 2 lately and i loved Happy Wars on the 360, when this will be out on Steam i will never sleep again...

Hey everyone! :)

Just got my account activated a few hours ago! Really nice to finally be around you all. As a PC gamer with no consoles (neither last nor next-gen) I plan to stick mostly to this thread. I have also been reading you all for a while, while waiting for my account activation, so I should already be familiar with the thread dynamics.

I planned to celebrate my new membership with a small giveaway, so here it is. I had to struggle a bit with ModBot so that the Desura keys would show as such. Also, as a broke college student I really doubt I have anything of interest, but still... Enjoy!

Welcome to NeoGAF.

Dr Dogg

I'm holding out hope that within the next 2~3 weeks, Amazon will get Steam keys of Watch_Dogs.

Well considering there's about 7 or 8 packages showing on steamdb with billing type CD Key I'd say it's only a matter of time. Though in a bizarre twist it would actually cost me more to buy it off amazon unless i used what's remaining on my credit due to my banks stupid way they now charge non sterling purchase and the whacky exchange rates they come up with.

Daily Mail?

Looks like the Mirror judging by the typeface and setting. But hey you know all the UK's red tops are full of sensationalist hacks.

Copons

Yup, I though to check the task manager but outside Win system processes, I just have AVG, Chrome and Steam processes that shouldn't be the culprit.
At first I thought something went wrong in some Chrome update, but then, as it happens in games too, I guess it's something else. :(

Just an update here too, as maybe there's someone that is interested in this issue.

I've apparently solved it (20+ minutes) and here I explain how: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110065054&postcount=6547

tl;dr
FFS I got a malware from Softonic. PWNED LIKE IT WAS 1998

Dr Dogg

Just an update here too, as maybe there's someone that is interested in this issue.

I've apparently solved it (20+ minutes) and here I explain how: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110065054&postcount=6547

tl;dr
FFS I got a malware from Softonic. PWNED LIKE IT WAS 1998

Hahaha don't worry dude it happens to the best of us. I almost got caught out installing a mod I stupidly downloaded of a site I wasn't exactly up on when I caught it trying to ask for permission to install mysearchbar or one of the other web search redirects.

I can't belive people still download trial software from cnet. Literally every package there has some form of malware. I don't even bother with java on Windows much these days since Oracle took over.

Ruruja

I finally caved and bought FM14 yesterday with a 75% off coupon. So I won't be posting here as often for the next few months.

Every purchase comes with a 75% off coupon which means I have a spare though, if you're a fan of FM games but don't own 14 yet, just give me an add on steam and I'll trade you it.

Knurek

I finally caved and bought FM14 yesterday with a 75% off coupon. So I won't be posting here as often for the next few months.
Every purchase comes with a 75% off coupon which means I have a spare though, if you're a fan of FM games but don't own 14 yet, just give me an add on steam and I'll trade you it.

I'd be interested if I didn't have less than 1 hour clocked in FM13. As it stands, I don't think it'd be wise to invest in a newer version. :)

fantomena

Just got my account activated a few hours ago! Really nice to finally be around you all. As a PC gamer with no consoles (neither last nor next-gen) I plan to stick mostly to this thread. I have also been reading you all for a while, while waiting for my account activation, so I should already be familiar with the thread dynamics.

I planned to celebrate my new membership with a small giveaway, so here it is. I had to struggle a bit with ModBot so that the Desura keys would show as such. Also, as a broke college student I really doubt I have anything of interest, but still... Enjoy!

Welcome aboard!

Parsnip

Hello and welcome.

Arthea

That's tempting offer, but as I try to base my purchase decisions on fair regional pricing, I can't buy it until base price is dropped, what means never. I still have no FM game on steam :\

Modbot's brothers are acting weird. Modbot2 and 3 pm'd me the same key.

brotherly rivalry?
edited: modbrorivalry

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Football Manager 2014 isn't region-locked in Russialand so if you have a coupon you can give it to a trader and have him/her pick you up a copy for around $8/4 keys.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You didn't miss much. The Steam preorder only came with one of the seven packages, and that wasn't even the one with an extra quest. I'm royally pissed off.

Arthea

No. Wait, I mean yes.

lol
thanks

if you still have it when I get home, I'll take it from your hands after all!

derExperte

Does the Playfire support still exist or did they give up and go home? Over eight days and no reply concerning some incorrectly registered achievements, maybe they should pause posting new rewards and sort things out first.

Does the Playfire support still exist or did they give up and go home? Over eight days and no reply concerning some incorrectly registered achievements, maybe they should pause posting new rewards and sort things out first.

They missed a few of mine last week, playing Trainz 12, Euro Truck Sim 1 and Conquest of Champions for the first time and the lowest two valued Trainz ones. Really did not feel like stopping at 100 passenger stations for the 3rd one!

I haven't even bothered contacting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom