• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

oh boy (part 2) ...

From that thread:
Because income for some countries may vary greatly.

If Google is right about UK's average salary is 6.500 - 7,000 pounds per month that means average UK's postman earns more in one month than I earn for the whole year. By 3,5 times to be precise (with current exchange rates affected by USA and EU economical pressure or 2,3 times about a year ago).
Lmao. Pls. 6.5-7k a month average?

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

QP Shooting - Dangerous!! -- MB-06015C9195FC4BA6 - Taken by didamangi
Alien Breed Trilogy -- MB-0EA08D5C66C20812 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Velocibox -- MB-18380C84B7BB0320 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Pixel Piracy -- MB-54855E3E0EBDA38F - Taken by TheAutomator
Torchlight II -- MB-E77730B682A550F5 - Taken by Saty
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-BBC0A2BB6781AA52 - Taken by TheLight

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
ok anita sarkeesian just convinced me to give sword and sorcery another shot

i found it kind of boring at first but i'm a bit intrigued now

I don't think anything she brought up is going to change how fundamentally flawed I found the experience.

Pretty pixel art, good music, rest of it felt like a repetitive drag with more cringe-worthy dialog than Life is Strange's teen vocabulary.

Is Modbot working? I entered for a key about 10 minutes ago and haven't received a message. I also have 18 posts in the March thread.

you have to enter for a key, then post 5 more times, then enter for the key again, then 5 more posts.

otherwise, modbot doesn't recognize the request

Is Modbot working? I entered for a key about 10 minutes ago and haven't received a message. I also have 18 posts in the March thread.

ehh don't sweat it. sometimes modbot has a brain fart and delivers keys like an hour later.

you have to enter for a key, then post 5 more times, then enter for the key again, then 5 more posts.

is this a troll

plz no

zkylon

zkylewd
Sword & Sworcery

An important difference.
oh thats true

never noticed that

lol

I don't think anything she brought up is going to change how fundamentally flawed I found the experience.

Pretty pixel art, good music, rest of it felt like a repetitive drag with more cringe-worthy dialog than Life is Strange's teen vocabulary.
i guess

it's mostly that she reframed the game as a positive female character situation which usually compels me to give games a shot since that's kind of all that i play these days lol

Teggy

stuff...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teggy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Battlepaths -- MB-E0FC834E6C5DD7FF - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution -- MB-E7817D6F58390A98 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Scourge: Outbreak -- MB-9CD37FA79D19CF43 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.
Silence of the Sleep -- MB-F1ABEC0CC3A43786 - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger -- MB-7199C8D48438FFDF - Taken by Blu(e). 8 entrants total.
Depths of Peril -- MB-1AA1B5E991D4D93E - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.
Chaos Ride -- MB-EE7AF4FDE7A4A3B9 - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.

t1428015573z1.png

It's the same as it was in Vanilla PC.

I actually really liked where it was in Vanilla. It made your weapon kind of feel like ammo in the early Resident Evils, where I'd keep an eye on the durability from time to time or be prepared to switch to a backup.

With the ease of access the bonfires gave, I never had a problem with it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Have licenses ever effected a game removing GFWL before? I mean it's not a rerelease and they had no issues with Dirt 3. And your original post didn't really point to that anyways. You simply stated that Dirt 2 wouldn't be fixed because we got Dirt 3 as if they were interchangeable.

Batman is a license, but that's a special case since 1) it's within WB's house and 2) isn't third party cars/etc. licensed like Dirt 2/3.

Dirt 2's license has expired. Codemasters can't do a porting if they wanted to, because they have to renegotiate the license. They could do that, but they have no intentions of doing it. Double-so when they just took a year to port Dirt 3. Again: People should give up on it, they've already stated they have no intentions of doing it.

Shantom

It's huge. Sales data for every game on Steam, updated every day. I think they're still trying to get their methodology right, so there's too much variance in their figures to draw too many conclusions at this point.

Look at Crimzon Clover for instance: The site estimated 56,348 owners last week, and 30,852 today.

Edit: Data on countries as well? Nice

HudDx4q.png

Edit 2: They don't have data on games that have been removed on Steam. Can't track the Football Manager series or see how rare my copies of Mafia and Wolfenstein are.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Origin can go fuck themselves until they allow gifting.

It really surprises me that this is somehow not in Origin yet. Steam's gifting ability surely helped quite a bit in market growth, on top of everything else Valve did right at the time, so you'd think EA would take a look at that and want that in pronto.

Kinda crazy that a streaming suite was available in the Origin client before gifting happened.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
It's huge. Sales data for every game on Steam, updated every day. I think they're still trying to get their methodology right, so there's too much variance in their figures to draw too many conclusions at this point.

Look at Crimzon Clover for instance: The site estimated 56,348 owners last week, and 30,852 today.

Yeah, the data is incorrect, but seems to be close.

shockdude

ehh don't sweat it. sometimes modbot has a brain fart and delivers keys like an hour later.

is this a troll

plz no
Well I definitely had more than 5 posts since my last Modbot win.
Someone else won the key so it doesn't matter now. Thanks anyways.

Argentina
Owned games per user: 13.29
Average playtime (2 weeks): 17:13
Average playtime (total): 331:01
Active users (2 weeks): 23%
Active users (total): 62%

Looks like we aren't very good customers.

Edit: Data on countries as well? Nice

HudDx4q.png

Edit 2: They don't have data on games that have been removed on Steam. Can't track the Football Manager series or see how rare my copies of Mafia and Wolfenstein are.
This is super interesting. Wonder if someone will try to stop their efforts.

Madn

How do I redeem the Tales of Maj'Eyal key from the bundle?

If anyone is interested I managed to do it. Humble Bundle gives you a key that you have to redeem here
You then create an account and if you link your Steam account they activate it for you on Steam

It's also possible that someone else won before you did. ModBot seems to be slow with the updates today, as I received the giveaway receipt 14 minutes before ModBot edited my post to show that the key was taken.

shockdude

It's also possible that someone else won before you did. ModBot seems to be slow with the updates today, as I received the giveaway receipt 14 minutes before ModBot edited my post to show that the key was taken.
That's possible too. Oh well, congratulations to the winners!

Those Crimzon Clover numbers are incredible.

mrgone

If anyone is interested I managed to do it. Humble Bundle gives you a key that you have to redeem here
You then create an account and if you link your Steam account they activate it for you on Steam

Interesting - did Valve reinstate oauth activations for keys? That might solve some of the issue with, say, Frontier's lack of interest with distributing keys to past Elite: Dangerous purchasers. Eliminates concerns of a secondary market without a lot of back-end work anyways.

edit: Now that I think about it was probably just set up before Valve ditched support for key redemption, so it's "grandfathered" in like the older Humble bundles and such. :(

madjoki

This is super interesting. Wonder if someone will try to stop their efforts.

All Valve has to do is spam free weekend, those are returned by API long time after free weekend ends.

I had similar project and it's one of two main issues.

Bigger issue being ability to handle very large database, I have scanned around ~5 million users and it's slowass and tends to crash due to out of memory.

Interesting - did Valve reinstate oauth activations for keys? That might solve some of the issue with, say, Frontier's lack of interest with distributing keys to past Elite: Dangerous purchasers. Eliminates concerns of a secondary market without a lot of back-end work anyways.

There's other API to grant packages.

mrgone

All Valve has to do is spam free weekend, those are returned by API long time after free weekend ends.

I had similar project and it's one of two main issues.

Bigger issue being ability to handle very large database, I have scanned around ~5 million users and it's slowass and tends to crash due to out of memory.

There's other API to grant packages.

Oh, nice! Thanks, I had no idea they'd provided another option in the API.

zkylon

zkylewd
i c

so turning it around with the magic of taking this site as straight fact, 230k sales for eternity at the cheapest of its stupidly named editions at $45 each, with steam's 30% off is about 7m.

probably less since paypal and a lot of those owners might be backers but still

pretty nice

Shantom

i c

so turning it around with the magic of taking this site as straight fact, 230k sales for eternity at the cheapest of its stupidly named editions at $45 each, with steam's 30% off is about 7m.

probably less since paypal and a lot of those owners might be backers but still

pretty nice

I imagine Pillars has a much bigger percentage of GOG owners than the average PC release too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom