• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yo jshackles what didn't you like about Van Helsing 2?

I just thought it was a terrible entry into the genre. It's like they tried to make it an MMORPG clone without much of the multiplayer aspect. Lots of generic / fetch quests - far too much story - not enough good loot / Diablo style game play.

It's honestly almost nothing like the first one, which I quite enjoyed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Guess the last big GFWL hold outs are GTA IV and Fallout 3.

Neither of which have plans of being patched.

Same for Lost Planet: Extreme Condition: Colonies Edition nor Lost Planet 2.

Nor Operation Flashpoint: Red River.

Nor Bulletstorm.

nor...

Tizoc

I just thought it was a terrible entry into the genre. It's like they tried to make it an MMORPG clone without much of the multiplayer aspect. Lots of generic / fetch quests - far too much story - not enough good loot / Diablo style game play.

It's honestly almost nothing like the first one, which I quite enjoyed.

Aha, well I think I got VH2, I'll get around to playing it someday and see if I like it.

Copons

Just noticed that Elite: Dangerous is on Steam
old, I know, I know
and I'm SO happy for having resisted all this time while all my friends were buying it saying I was a fool and Braben said this and that. WHO'S THE FOOL NOW BITCHES

Also I'm not gonna buy it anyway, I'm broke, but thanks Frontier for the chance!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Jeez, the steam launch of Elite Dangerous is such an amateur hour.

How can devs still be so clueless regarding this stuff?

*shakes head and hopes to get a steam key sooner or later *

To be fair: Activision/"Sierra" did at least give a FREE update to the game.
Touche. Was thinking about Cook Serve Delicious but now it's in a hard games bundle I'm reconsidering.

Are you moaning because you didn't get a Steam key for your non-Steam copy?

derExperte

That's the weird thing, on PS4 it's going to be $9.99, and $8.99 during the first week for Playstation Plus members. Why it would be more is a mystery!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/297130/discussions/0/617328967246865106/#c618458030654651394

All versions will be base $15, including Playstation.

So I guess PSN gets a higher launch discount. Not that that changes anything.

Just dumping it on there without telling anyone beforehand is bad enough alone. At least send out a press release a week before.

Was wondering where I got my $9.99 figure from for Titan Souls. Doesn't change my mind but I hope they put it up on Humble slightly cheaper for Eurotrash

kevin1025

Banned
http://steamcommunity.com/app/297130/discussions/0/617328967246865106/#c618458030654651394

So I guess PSN gets a higher launch discount. Not that that changes anything.

Just dumping it on there without telling anyone beforehand is bad enough alone. At least send out a press release a week before.

Oh weird, on the PS Blog for the Spring Fever thingie it says the regular price is $9.99, I guess it's a starting price or a sale price at first. Or maybe a listing price error on the blog's part. Ah well, the game looks cool, regardless! I'm definitely in for whatever price it is.

chronomac

Another extra:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-91FBFCBBD69B6BF2 - Taken by TheLight. 5 entrants total.

t1428000574z1.png

It's a great game.

Maniac

Banned
Didn't someone somewhere say 9,99? Why would the internet lie to me?

Regarding the demo:

Ooooh, sounds like a proper demo, more or less. I'll try it out... I'm a sucker for Devolver's stuff.

Devolver is like... A stamp of approval for indie games that ensures they're like, good games and worth playing. :p
And you wonder why I browse /g...

GAF is borderline unbearable at times if you are looking for informed tech discussion.

Yup... That's why I don't venture outside of SteamGAF anymore, really.

----

Do we have any 'Muricans around? I'd love me some Riddick. Or some chinese peeps? I want me some Talios, too! :p
Also has sick DRM. Get it on GoG instead.

That's not a +1, though!

And if I want to actually play it (mind you, playing games is frowned upon here in SteamGAF) I'd just crack it or something.

70$ for a PC game and soon 80$ might be a potential price point. I know that Canada and Australia are Commonwealth countries but this is one thing I don't want to be similar to our brothers from down under in.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nice... is that confirmed as a Steam key? I think I have it on GOG... but this might worth the double-dip.

That's what I did. Buy the Steam key, register to account. Download from Steam but don't run. Delete contents of the Riddick commonapps folder. Download GOG copy, install to Steam's Riddick commonapps folder.

DRM-free Steam version.

Arthea

That's what I did. Buy the Steam key, register to account. Download from Steam but don't run. Delete contents of the Riddick commonapps folder. Download GOG copy, install to Steam's Riddick commonapps folder.

DRM-free Steam version.

why would you do this to me? now I'll have to buy a steam version. I never asked for this!
nice thinking, btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom