• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Regarding Titan Souls' price:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/297130/discussions/0/617328967246865106/#c618458030655097226

That was in error and the game will be $14.99 across all platforms. 10% off to pre-order on PC and 10% off at launch on PlayStation as a part of the Spring Fever promotion.

I can't buy from gamestop.com and that still feels like too much. So I need a base price reduction and then the sale.

Mr. Doop

Dat sales :p
http://steamspy.com/app/319410
jWMDKDW.jpg

I don't know why this makes me laugh so hard.

I imagine Steam having many inactive, secondary accounts. Much more compared to consoles at least. I'm not even talking about scam-/botaccounts.

Would be interesting to clear those numbers but I guess it's impossible.

zkylon

zkylewd
I imagine Steam having many inactive, secondary accounts. Much more compared to consoles at least. I'm not even talking about scam-/botaccounts.

Would be interesting to clear those numbers but I guess it's impossible.

i mean if they own the game they still count as sales, don't they

zkylon

zkylewd
we got the two numbers that mattered tho

wee now have proved that
a) bethesda are assholes
b) sega needs to get off their asses and fucking port bayo

Blu(e)

I give my recommendation to QP Shooting Dangerous!!! It's really fun with very involved scoring mechanic system. If you like shooters, definitely buy the humble bundle. The art is very cute as well. Only downer is the music is rather boring. Very generic MIDI sounds.

Pass me any steam cards if you don't want them. It's an anime game so the cards are mad expensive to get.

Sendou

Final Fantasy has done some rather impressive numbers considering they're late ports:

FINAL FANTASY III 83,481 ± 17,046
FINAL FANTASY IV 58,981 ± 14,329
FINAL FANTASY VII 817,574 ± 53,259
FINAL FANTASY VIII 359,333 ± 35,344
FINAL FANTASY XIII 316,685 ± 33,183
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 154,259 ± 23,168

Some other Japanese games that haven't been bundled (from the top of my head):

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 91,648 ± 17,860
Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming 36,296 ± 11,241
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ 14,519 ± 7,109
Hatoful Boyfriend 90,741 ± 17,771
NEKOPARA Vol. 1 39,018 ± 11,655

Copons

Guys I'm having a discussion with some peeps about the keys that publishers can generate on Steam and sell or gift everywhere else.

I was under the impression that when your (any) game is sold on Steam you're allowed to generate an unlimited amount of keys and do whatever with them.
They say that Valve allows this only for Steamworks only games.
Now, I think there may be some kind of confusion between Stamworks the API and Steamworks the publishing service.
Am I wrong? Am I right?

Like, an EA game with no Steamworks support (achievs, cloud saves, etc.), could generate free keys?

Turfster

"Hey I guess I was close to the end of Asspollution, let me polish it off so I can delete that shit." *continue* *game starts in a level in the first part*

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Guys I'm having a discussion with some peeps about the keys that publishers can generate on Steam and sell or gift everywhere else.

I was under the impression that when your (any) game is sold on Steam you're allowed to generate an unlimited amount of keys and do whatever with them.
Now, I think there may be some kind of confusion between Stamworks the API and Steamworks the publishing service.
Am I wrong? Am I right?

Like, an EA game with no Steamworks support (achievs, cloud saves, etc.), could generate free keys?

If a game is sold on Steam the keys can be generated for free.

MUnited83

For you.

Am I wrong? Am I right?

Yes, any publisher on Steam can generate infinite free keys for their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom